Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bijoubelle

Gene Kelly and his bulging muscles

Have you ever noticed how Gene Kelly is like the only actor of his era with an amazing physique? Clark Gable was "The King" and while he was large in stature he was like rippling muscley and stuff. But Kelly is sooo amazing to watch when he dances -- he always wears those shirts that are tight across the chest to...ahem...accentuate....but does anyone else find it funny that it wasn't a must to have muscles before being considered sexy during the peak of hollywood? Imagine an actor today, who had limitless talent and a quirky smile and sparkely eyes, but no tan and a hairy chest with minimal pectoral bulge? Idk, i just think too much is put on physical now.

sjff_03_img0999.jpg

Hollywood has always known how to exploit beefcake since the birth of the movies- look at Ramon Navarro in the silent "Ben Hur". Gene Kelly had a great dancers body- he looked sexy with out ever taking off his clothes- his most revealing costume was those shorts he wore in "The Pirate".

*The Pirate* was an absolutely amazing movie....spectaaaaaacular. What's even more interesting about it is the state that Judy Garland was in during the filming of that. And I read somewhere that that movie wasn't received well? Who in the world could resist Gene Kelly in such a Scaramouche - ish character?

The only time I remember seeing Kelly shirtless was in " The Three Musketeers". MGM did no market him as a beefcake star.

They may not have been quite the muscled man as Kelly, but check out Lon Chaney Sr. in "The Unknown" mainly where the dwarf helps him out of his arm-hinding girdle/ & how about Johnny Weissmuller as Tarzan?

Okay, I'll say it--Kelly had the best butt in film history. You could bounce a quarter off that tight thing. I'd have grabbed a handful, if you know what I mean.

I think Gene Kelley was a fabulous dancer...but his pants were always riding up into his huge butt and he appeared to have an ongoing ****....which made his pants too short.....Also, his teeth were humongous and I couldn't stand when he opened his mouth real wide and all these teeth were sticking out of his mouth. He was a good dancer, but I had read he was a very difficult man to work with - strict disciplinarian.

1184864500_f.jpg

LCM.jpg

Mr. Lon Chaney was thin but certainly toned.

FMPI.jpg

This is what Mr. MacMurray was hiding under the thick sweaters.

He was a strict disciplinary because he knew what he was doing and not everybody else did lol...and how can you not like his teeth? They were perfectly lovely and his smile was dashing. But to each their own, I personally can say I don't mind his ongoing ****, and I have a slight feeling I'm not the only one...

I like a little"beefcake" once in a while. I also like to watch the way a man walks and

moves. For instance, I read a excerpt about JOEL MCCREA saying he was a very

graceful man & I checked it out and discovered the writer was right. I think RAY

MILLAND moved with grace, especially in "Dial M For Murder". GARY COOPER,

TYRONE POWER, ROBERT TAYLOR, BASIL RATHBONE are a few more

I also admire the athletic actors such as: BURT LANCASTER & ROBT. MITCHUM.

As for elegance: FRED ASTAIRE, DAVID NIVEN, CLAUDE RAINS, ROBT.MONTGOMERY,

CARY GRANT(also athletic & graceful), ADOLPH MENJOU.

Sorry if I got off subject. I DO love GENE KELLY. He was a "tight" little package

all rolled up into one. :)

Kelly was a very handsome man- who exuded sexuality when he danced. Astaire had class but Kelly was probably more fun in bed.

Fred was such a joy to watch. He was very graceful and made everything look so effortless. I've played back some of his dance moves with Ginger, in slow motion. Fred was flawless. But ooooh, I suspect you are right about Kelly being more fun in bed. **** or no...hmmmm.

So yeah....

Did we forget about BRANDO'S muscles? Who can forget him in that white t-shirt on streetcar named desire?

Seriously.

brando_marlon-8_12668.jpg

And yeah. Kelly so exuded sexuality when he danced. And he was adorable hehe...allllllthough Mr. Astaire always amazed me, because he was a beast at dancing gracefully even as he got pretty old.

YES!!!!!!!! Now we're talking...Brando was the sexiest thing I've ever seen walk across the silver screen. He had the best physique in those films from the 1950's......thanks so much for posting his photo!

Noooo problem ;)

Oh wow, looks like Kirk Douglas had it going on as well...

douglas_kirk-1_12566.jpg

Message was edited by: bijoubelle

That's a funny photo of Kirk Douglas...looks like his pants are going up to his neck.

I'll take Brando any day over Kirk Douglas or Gene Kelley...have you got a photo of Brando in the tee-shirt with those huge biceps from Streetcar Named Desire??? I'd love to see that before going to bed.....

I guess they will have to do...although I can't see the physique too well.....maybe someone can post a real sexy Brando photo from the Streetcar movie that shows him in a white t-shirt and shows that incredible physique...then I'll be able to sleep nicely....