Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best and Worst Titles

• 2 months later...

All This And Heaven Too - what was up with this title? I mean, the movie was actually pretty good (how could it not be with Bette Davis;- ) ... but the title didn't fit at all. I wonder if it was based on a book, or something, whose content was nothing like that which they filmed. Anyway, thanks for showing the film. I certainly enjoyed it.

• 1 year later...

I think the title concerns the minister. Bette Davis's character had met up with a minister and that's what he told her All This and Heaven Too..Henry she met him at the beginning of the picture and he showed up at the end and stood by her.I forget what it means but I think that's why it's named that.

BEST:

"All the World's a Stooge" (1941) Okay, it's not a feature title, but a great title of a classic Three Stooges short.

WORST:

"Ding Dong Williams" (1947)

"The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band" (1968)

"Auto Focus" (2002) Just call it what everybody knows it is, "The Bob Crane Story"

"Remember the Night" (1940) Terrific film, but which night are they referring to? Christmas Eve...New Year's Eve...the night at Niagra Falls, the night in the cow pasture???

"The Black Cat" (1934) They were aiming for an Edgar Allan Poe tie-in and missed the mark completely. Again---not a bad film, just an inappropriate title.

I was going to say "Jolson Sings Again" (1949), until I realized I couldn't think of a better title myself.