Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

> {quote:title=TikiSoo wrote:}{quote}

> I listen to TCM all day while working (artist/painter) and recognize actors by their voices. I have found Gene Kelly and John Garfield have almost IDENTICAL voices!

Good point, I never thought of that.

I don't want to think about Art in THAT way before I've had my breakfast, lol.

I have a crush on Bert Wheeler. He's so cute (and very talented, with or without Woolsey)

I was traumatized last night by a photo of Bert taken in his later years.

I don't even want to post it, it's so horrifying.

You're more considerate than Fred when he posted a horrifying recent picture of Anita Ekberg.

Have your morning coffee...you'll see Art will look better to you.

And speaking about lookalikes...I'm watching "Shadow of a Doubt" and Hume Cronyn reminds me of Steven Spielberg.

Teresa Wright is absolutely wonderful in this film. Her transformation from a nice small-town girl, to discovering Evil in the world is mesmerizing for me to watch. And Ingrid Bergman earlier this morning in "Notorious" breaks my heart. Her waves of emotion in any one scene is exquisite to watch. Hitchcock is, indeed, the Master of filmmaking!!!!

>Teresa Wright is absolutely wonderful in this film. Her transformation from a nice small-town girl, to discovering Evil in the world is mesmerizing for me to watch. Hitchcock is, indeed, a Master!!!

Hey, what do you think this is, some kind of movie forum?

Happy 4th pal o' mine.

I'm still working on Ruby and Stockard, but not getting anywhere....

Give me a few hours and several cups of coffee.

I'm gonna go sit by the pool now and dream about Bert Wheeler, before our daily thunderstorms start to roll around in the afternoon.

Right on, Rich -I'm on my laptop watching the Bristol Parade

seated in my lawn chair and it looks like rain,, oh, the

Governor is parading by...all these politicians, oh, it's an election year

I will now take a sip of my Del's Frozen Lemonade..

she's still a Grand Old Flag...

SCSU: "Hey, what do you think this is, some kind of movie forum? Happy 4th pal o' mine."

Ooops! My baad.

Enjoy this holiday weekend. Drive safely, the best to your family. Oh, and watch a movie or two.

Sen. Richard Luger and Jimmy Stewart (who also is from Indiana --- PA)

John Hubbard and Ray Milland

MSNBC host and political commentator of "Morning Joe", Joe Scarborough, and John Wayne

McLean Stephenson and Joel McCrea

I remember that scary looking Antia Ekberg photo Fred posted.

I had a boss years ago who said he nearly fell off his chair when he saw Noel Neill (Lois from the Superman t.v. show) He said she was being interviewed (this was in the late 80's) and she looked like 110 years old.

He said her wrinkles had wrinkles. He used to think she was very attractive and couldn't reconcile himself to time marching on.

I think I'll leave Bert alone.

"...her wrinkles had wrinkles."

YikeS! It must be tough for those who have been in the limelight to reconcile their youthful image to the ravaged one staring at them in the mirror now. But I love my stars nonetheless.

As for Larry King. He's quite the sexual antidote. (Guess I have fond memories of the kindly old man Art Linkletter was when I used to watch "Kids Say the Darnedest Things." But you've given me a good laugh.

Noel is still alive at 88, and for all I know my boss is long gone. So guess which one looks better now.

Not him.

I used to watch Art back in the day, with "People Are Funny".

I guess Larry King's gorgeous blonde wife shuts her eyes and thinks of his fortune, but no amount of money could get me to even look at his shoulders, let alone anything else....