Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yeah, well...just as long as we don't allow any of these Ruskie ambassadors OR their lookalikes to see The Big Board, we'll be okay I suppose...

hellseethebigboard_drstrangelove1.png

And which btw reminds me...

Steely Dan's Donald Fagen looks a lot like ol' George C. up there, doncha think?...

donald_fagen_2_435x290-300x200.jpg

(...well, I've always thought so anyway)

• 4 weeks later...

Gar Moore (1920-1985), who I just watched in tonight's TCM presentation of Dan Duryea starring films and who played the young murderer in THE UNDERWORLD STORY (1950)...Gar-Moore.jpg

Looks like present day actor Joaquin Phoenix...

8b1c19fbb23fd5240f68a6a3c059b70c.jpg

Moore also reminded me a bit of actor Robert Drivas...

tve4913-19660408-367.jpg

I am not the YOU in the question so I ask your indulgence.

I was sitting in a coffee shop at Columbus Circle in 1984 and I heard a loud whisper from across the room. One of the three young lads was saying, "Is that Charles Bronson?" They were looking at me. They had a little summit meaning about this before finally concluding that I was not. I had a rough-hewn face that threw them off. No one could mistake me for Charles Bronson. It's living in New York what with celebrities potentially showing up anywhere.

Later in life I am told I resemble Captain Kangaroo. Oh what a fall is this? From Bronson to Kangaroo.

I am reusing the 2006 Winston Link's "Steam and Steel" (Steam Locomotives) calendar.   April has a photo of a station master who DOES look like Captain Kangaroo.

Couldn't find a photo on the internet, this is a camera snapshot, forgive the flash.  My shot doesn't do the razor sharp calendar image justice.

v5wb9z.jpg

Doesn't look like the Captain Ham.  Maybe BEFORE his hair turned white and he grew the MOUSTACHE, but nowhere NEAR how we remember him.  :)

Sepiatone

Sure does to me (minus the moustache).  Mr Keeshan was the first thing that came ti mind when I flipped the page over.  I stated the snapshot I took wasn't great.  Lookalikes don't have to be "identical twins" (like Mr Moose vs real moose).

capk.jpg

I am reusing the 2006 Winston Link's "Steam and Steel" (Steam Locomotives) calendar.   April has a photo of a station master who DOES look like Captain Kangaroo.

Couldn't find a photo on the internet, this is a camera snapshot, forgive the flash.  My shot doesn't do the razor sharp calendar image justice.

v5wb9z.jpg

Gotta say here ham that just from this gent's profile, I think he looks more like Carroll O'Connor than he does Bob Keeshan.

• Like 2

Today, while musing and reminiscing over things while thinking about things in the "character actors" thread,I was reminded how in my youth, I'd often and without bothering to read credits, confuse  MINERVA URECAL with MARJORIE MAIN.

As a kid I actually thought it WAS Main who starred in the TUGBOAT ANNIE TV show in the '50's.  :huh:

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Leonardo DiCaprio and a girl in a 1960's yearbook

59cfa716c50c60e030a71ddd68bdf483-600x408

Could she kept it unzipped? ;) 

Sorry once again ham ol' boy, but I gotta say I think I'm seein' a little more of Matt Damon in Judy Zipper there than I am Leonardo.

(...I know, I know...it's always just been a little gift I've had at this sort'a thing, ya see) ;)

Exactly in WHOSE yearbook did Judy Zipper appear?

What! Remind ya of someone who attended Philly Central High with ya back then or somethin', DGF?!

Ya know, come to think of it, Judy there kind'a reminds me of one of my older sister Diana's high school girlfriends/classmates(that would of course be MUCH older sister, mind you)Terri Olmstead. Class of '61. Leuzinger High School. Lawndale CA. 

Btw again. Ya know who Judy Zipper there ALSO kind'a sort'a looks like? 

The man who I believe holds the record for hosting the most game shows in his career.

Uh-huh...Bill Cullen.

(...like I said...it's just a gift I have at this whole thing) ;)

Btw AGAIN!

Ya know who Judy Zipper definitely does NOT resemble?

The dude who played Eric VON Zipper in those all those beach party flicks...Harvey Lembeck.

(...nope, no resemblance THERE at all)

Sorry once again ham ol' boy, but I gotta say I think I'm seein' a little more of Matt Damon in Judy Zipper there than I am Leonardo.

(...I know, I know...it's always just been a little gift I've had at this sort'a thing, ya see) ;)

Funny that the image I found went viral.  You only need to Google her name only.

Funny that the image I found went viral.  You only need to Google her name only.

Yeah, well, like I said ham, not that many people have this little "gift" that I have at this sort'a thing! ;)

LOL