Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is "off rail", but just heard this yesterday......

A brother in law of mine was recalling the time his buddy tried to get him to go on a blind date with his girl's best friend. Told my brother in law, "You'll like her.  She looks like a MOVIE STAR!"  So my brother in law accepted the blind date on that premise.  Then he went on to say, "Yeah, but he never told me the "movie star" she looked like was ERNEST BORGNINE!  :lol:

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

This is "off rail", but just heard this yesterday......

A brother in law of mine was recalling the time his buddy tried to get him to go on a blind date with his girl's best friend. Told my brother in law, "You'll like her.  She looks like a MOVIE STAR!"  So my brother in law accepted the blind date on that premise.  Then he went on to say, "Yeah, but he never told me the "movie star" she looked like was ERNEST BORGNINE!  :lol:

Sepiatone

Reminds me of a buddy I used to have.  He would say things like that.  He was a teetotaler, so he had to make up for it somehow.  He did use his humor to make some amazing inroads, socially.  I remember watching him try to set up one of his friends with another one.  "Well, she only has a little bit of hair on her arms and only a little bit growing out of her nose, not anything you'd notice in the dark". :P  Maybe I'll try and look this guy up to see how his humor holds up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I might have brought this up before in this aged, multi-paged thread, but....

Seeing him recently in an old PERRY MASON rerun I'm always taken with how much actor REX REASON looks AND sounds like HOWARD DUFF.  

Sepiatone

8 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I might have brought this up before in this aged, multi-paged thread, but....

Seeing him recently in an old PERRY MASON rerun I'm always taken with how much actor REX REASON looks AND sounds like HOWARD DUFF.  

Sepiatone

Funny you bring up the name Howard Duff here, Sepia ol' buddy.

Ya see, a day or so before I left last Thursday for SoCal to once again attend that big annual British motorcycle rally I've attended for some 23 years now(yeah, that's right...that's why I've been kind'a scarce around these here parts of late) I watched that one Twilight Zone episode starring Mr. Duff and where he's come to believe he's actually the character he's playing on some television program he stars on.

Now, as I was watching him on that Twilight Zone episode, he kept reminding me of somebody I just couldn't place for a while, BUT just as it ended it finally dawned on me who that somebody else was.

Now, you're gonna probably think I'm crazy here(okay, maybe crazier than you already think I am anyway...wink, wink) but I SWEAR Howard started reminding me of Babe Ruth a bit. YEAH, like Howard could've been The Sultan of Swat's better looking younger brother! Yeah, REALLY!!!

(...hey now, look at it THIS way if you think I'm nuts here, dude...DENNIS Quaid IS RANDY Quaid's better looking younger brother, now isn't he?!...AND, ya have to admit in THIS regard, Howard freakin' Duff looks a HELL of lot more like he could be Babe freakin' Ruth's "better looking younger brother" than Dennis does to crazyazzed Randy, now wouldn't ya say?!)

LOL

;)

It gets tricky here, Darg......

Sure, Duff could have been Babe's better looking younger brother, but then again, Babe could have been EDWARD G. ROBINSON'S better looking younger brother! ;) ( Eddy did have 2 years on the Bambino).

But regardless, when it comes to both Babe AND Randy, those two couldn't HELP but have better looking younger OR older brothers! ;)  

And we can't do this sort of thing with the CARRADINE brothers since it seems they originated the concept of the phrase "brothers from another mother". :D

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Sorry Rich, but even with the swapped haircuts those two fat-butted fatheads up there don't look alike.

(...and besides let's remember here, this thread is about people who LOOK alike, not ACT alike, if you don't mind!) ;)

• Haha 1

This came up in another forum in a thread about "Forgotten guitarists" and it reminded me of how I always thought former SNL band leader/guitarist G.E.SMITH and actor WILLEM DAFOE seemed to bear a close resemblance.

Sepiatone

On 11/15/2017 at 10:39 AM, Dargo said:

Sorry Rich, but even with the swapped haircuts those two fat-butted fatheads up there don't look alike.

(...and besides let's remember here, this thread is about people who LOOK alike, not ACT alike, if you don't mind!) ;)

Maybe if they both bent over and dropped trou we'd see more of a resemblance. B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I watched a movie earlier with a character actor named Lucien Prival. I've seen him before, but each time he pops up onscreen he takes me out of the story, since he looks like the genetic missing link between George Arliss and Pee Wee Herman.

George Arliss

george_arliss.jpg

maybe add a dash of Erich von Stroheim

stroheim.jpg

Lucien Prival

image-original.jpg?1507553013

P.W. Herman

batman-returns-paul-reubens.jpg

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

Wayne Newton was mentioned in another thread. I always loved Newton's voice-his singing has a smooth effortless quality to it.

wayne-newton.jpg

I also really love k.d. lang, who also has a smooth lilting effortless singing voice-

kd-lang.jpg

Wayne is kind of feminine, while kd is kind of masculine...whaaa....they're the same person!
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched "The Captain's Kid" (1936) on DVD the other night and noticed the uncanny resemblance of the villiainess Mable play by Maude Allen...

b7x6l4.jpg

e6snyx.jpg

...to Patricia Routledge in the British series "Keeping Up Appearances".  They call her the Bucket woman (pronounce Bouquet :lol:)

Maude and Patricia even TALK alike!:blink:

p02c7j3z-copy.jpg

Thank you TCM for airing "The Captain's Kid" several years ago - movie is impossible to find (except Youtube)

• 2 months later...

A couple of Teutonic beauties...

German film (primarily) actress Barbara Rutting, and who I watched playing a Luftwaffe test pilot in the British-made WWII film Operation Crossbow last evening...

MV5BZmEyY2Q3MDAtZmIzMS00M2I2LTk1MjItODUy

And, Swedish actress Viveca Lindsfors...

b4ff8bfbfff39cc9dadfb521f061a268.jpg

1 hour ago, Im4movies2 said:

HARVEY WEINSTEIN  AND WALLACE BEERY!  Anyone able to post their photos?

Yeah, I suppose there's some resemblance between the two of these fat, ugly and obnoxious men here, Im4, and although Beery's nose was a little more pronounced.

Weinstein

1010-harvey-weinstein-getty-15.jpg

Beery

890_wallace-beery_1.jpeg

(...but are you sure you're not just being influenced here by the fact that indeed one WAS and the other IS a fat, ugly and obnoxious man?) 

;)