Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scsu1975

Lookalikes?

23 hours ago, Dargo said:

Gotta say I've always loved this Stephen Bishop song, Sepia.

(...♪♪ puts on Sinatra and starts to cry ♪♪ ...LOVE it, and thanks for posting it)

My pleasure.  Liked it too.  ;) 

And I'm not  exaggerating or making it all up.  I couldn't find the SNL appearance so I used the MIDNIGHT SPECIAL clip.  But while he was on SNL singing the same tune, I DID keep getting calls from friends who were surprised when I answered the phone!  They'd ask, "Ain't you in NEW YORK?" and , "You mean, that ISN'T YOU?"  :o  Well, I do also play guitar, but mine's an EPIPHONE and not an Ovation.  And I don't exactly do what could be possibly construed as "singing".  :wacko:  :D 

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As long as we're on this "who do I look like" kick, I always thought I looked like Buddy Hackett in my youth:

CKTH7yR.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In the 1990's, quite a few people told me I looked like Alanis Morissette.     

In the 2000's, folks told me I looked like Hilary Swank.

Now they just tell me I look like I need a nap...                                                       

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, scsu1975 said:

As long as we're on this "who do I look like" kick, I always thought I looked like Buddy Hackett in my youth:

CKTH7yR.jpg

Yep Rich, Buddy Hackett, but with a little bit of Robert Blake thrown in, I'd say.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dargo said:

Yep Rich, Buddy Hackett, but with a little bit of Robert Blake thrown in, I'd say.

As I recall, when the photographer took that picture, he said to me "keep your eye on the sparrow."

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dargo said:

Well, he seems to be the SAME SIZE as Blake in that photo!  :D

And sadly, I now also look NOTHING like Stephen Bishop these days.  More like RAYMOND BURR or ORSON WELLES at the end of their time.  :blink:

Sepiatone

• Haha 2

I've been compared to Tom Hanks (Forrest Gump), Rob Schneider, Elvis Costello, and Lyle Lovett.

I could post a self-avatar on Halloween.

• Haha 2

On 8/8/2019 at 7:30 PM, sagebrush said:

In the 1990's, quite a few people told me I looked like Alanis Morissette.     

In the 2000's, folks told me I looked like Hilary Swank. 

alanis-morissette.jpg

2e67d62ffa22d8185a1a5890bbc5d165.jpg

I can picture you just visualizing similarities between those two beauties. As an artist, I find facial recognition an amazing subject. I'm attracted to long faces with large features.

As a teen I gazed John Kobals books of Hollywood photography for HOURS. From modeling, I learned quickly how the camera lies and love seeing a famous person's face in person. Super models look like little boys in real life.

I find we are inherently attracted to symmetry and suspecting of asymmetry. The most oddly asymmetrical face I've seen in years:

xjsjieylgx5dzejwqf9f.jpg

18 minutes ago, TikiSoo said:

I can picture you just visualizing similarities between those two beauties. As an artist, I find facial recognition an amazing subject. I'm attracted to long faces with large features.

As a teen I gazed John Kobals books of Hollywood photography for HOURS. From modeling, I learned quickly how the camera lies and love seeing a famous person's face in person. Super models look like little boys in real life.

The photo of Alanis you chose is the perfect example photo!

As for Hilary, I would say I look closer to this:

MV5BNWNjZjc1NTYtZmY2Mi00MjZhLWE4ZjYtYTMyNWFmYjRkZDdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAyNzUwOTA5._V1_.jpg

Interesting what you said about supermodels. Why little boys, though and not little girls?

5 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

Interesting what you said about supermodels. Why little boys, though and not little girls?

Androgyny. Most models keep their hair tightly held back, often covered in a baseball cap. Seriously, this simply misdirection would work well for any famous person wanting to blend incognito.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TikiSoo said:

Androgyny. Most models keep their hair tightly held back, often covered in a baseball cap. Seriously, this simply misdirection would work well for any famous person wanting to blend incognito.

I can't say for sure for the ladies, but any GUY that wants to "blend in" incognito could put on a baseball cap and even add a drawn on or glue on a fake goatee and he'd look like 30-40+million OTHER guys from 20-50 years of age in this country.  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

4 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

I can picture you just visualizing similarities between those two beauties.

We might not be talking the same two beauties. One lady is quite dreamy and it isn't Sarah.

6 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Richard Carlson  Richard Carlson

Hugh MarloweHugh Marlowe

Yeah lavender, and I always liked Richard Carlson in that role he did as Patricia Neal's jerky boyfriend in The Day the Earth Stood Still, AND Hugh Marlowe in that Creature from the Black Lagoon flick too!

(...oh...wait...)

;)

• Haha 1

I am sure everyone sees the similarities between Broderick Crawford & Paul Douglas. Both great tough guys with similar body types, movements, strong blustery voices and even facial similarities. Like Creighton Chaney, you always had the feeling they were pussycats inside.

Broderick Crawford:

BC3.jpg

Broderick%20Crawford.jpg

Paul Douglas:

actor-avatar-3120.jpg

MV5BMTU2MDk0NTA0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTM3

Dreamy Lon Chaney Jr:

Lon-Chaney-Jr-3.jpg

♥️

• Like 1

I really do not want to post personal photos or info but my ex Jinting looks a lot like the actress Maggie Cheung. I think she was very pretty.

snapshot_dvd_00.02.42_2010.10.29_21.25.0

• Like 1