Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Someone on the board posted a photo of Jennifer Anniston and I was struck how much she reminded me of Gloria Grahame (kind of, well they both have unique lips) I'm always trying to make parallels between modern/classic actors.

4de417d5df62788644bdd1469ddaf78a.jpg

They don't really look alike, but Anniston would be great playing Grahame in a biopic. A good Grahame biopic would be welcome, she had a pretty interesting, wild life!

Jennifer+Aniston+Hd+Wallpapers+Free+Down

2 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Someone on the board posted a photo of Jennifer Anniston and I was struck how much she reminded me of Gloria Grahame (kind of, well they both have unique lips) I'm always trying to make parallels between modern/classic actors.

They don't really look alike, but Anniston would be great playing Grahame in a biopic. A good Grahame biopic would be welcome, she had a pretty interesting, wild life!

So Tiki, the way you stated your last sentence here, I take it you weren't all that impressed with that recent Annette Bening movie then, eh?!

6 hours ago, Dargo said:

So Tiki, the way you stated your last sentence here, I take it you weren't all that impressed with that recent Annette Bening movie then, eh?!

It was OK, Bening is always great to watch. I wasn't that enamored with the sordid story told. I prefer more upbeat aspects of a person's life.

• 2 weeks later...

A while back I was watching Whipsaw (1935) and I thought that William Harrigan was a young Bennett Cerf. Apart from looking similar, I thought they had nearly identical voices as well.

Untitled.png
William Harrigan in Whipsaw (1935)

578e9b693c98a-mr-bennett-cerf.jpg
Bennett Cerf on What's My Line

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Spritz Nipper said:

A while back I was watching Whipsaw (1935) and I thought that William Harrigan was a young Bennett Cerf. Apart from looking similar, I thought they had nearly identical voices as well.

Untitled.png

578e9b693c98a-mr-bennett-cerf.jpg
Bennett Cerf on What's My Line

Ummm...yeah SN, I suppose there's some physical resemblance between Harrigan and Cerf here, but tell me. I can't remember how actor Harrigan sounded when he talked, and so do you recall if he also sounded like Elmer Fudd, and like Cerf always did on What My Line???

(…c'mon now, YOU remember when ol' Bennett used to intone at the beginning of every episode of WML, "And now his ouah panel modawaitah, John Chawahs Daley", don't YA?!) ;)

36 minutes ago, Spritz Nipper said:

Untitled.png

Btw here, SN...

The more I gaze upon Harrigan's mug here, he's remindin' me of a cross between Dave O'Brien (you remember him...he went crazy while smokin' marijuana and playing the piano in Refer Madness and starred in a number of those Pete Smith comedy shorts from the 1940s), and SNL alumni Mike Meyers.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

Maybe. I didn't even notice them in that picture. :)

We know what you noticed LOL, if you're not distracted by Liz and her assets, take a look at other photos of Todd and Burton both had that rugged complexion and similiar rugged looks. At any rate, I've always thought they looked alike

4 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Image result for resemblance between mike todd and richard burton

I've always thought that Mike Todd and Richard Burton resembled each other

Hmmm...not sure if I'm really seein' this here, Lavender.

Wait a minute.

I'm now  thinkin' if MAYBE you mixed Burton's mug here and maybe added a little of Eddie Fisher's and a little of Michael Wilding's and a little of Sen. John Warner's AND a little of some guy named Larry Fortensky, and THEN put 'em all together, yes, maybe that might look a little like Michael Todd here I suppose!

(...well, you know they DO say people usually have "a type" that they're attracted to, don't ya?!) ;)

LOL

4 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Hmmm...not sure if I'm really seein' this here, Lavender.

Wait a minute.

I'm now  thinkin' if MAYBE you mixed Burton's mug here and maybe added a little of Eddie Fisher's and a little of Michael Wilding's and a little of Sen. John Warner's AND a little of some guy named Larry Fortensky, and THEN put 'em all together, yes, maybe that might look a little like Michael Todd here I suppose!

(...well, you know they DO say people usually have "a type" that they're attracted to, don't ya?!) ;)

LOL

Really? What can I say, I see the resemblance. I think in Liz's case Todd and Burton were the loves of her life and yes she was really attracted to a certain type, those 2.  :)

2 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Really? What can I say, I see the resemblance. I think in Liz's case Todd and Burton were the loves of her life and yes she was really attracted to a certain type, those 2.  :)

Well, I guess I have to admit that of all Liz's numerous husbands, Todd and Burton probably DO look more alike than any of her other husbands, anyway.

(...and so I'll concede THIS point to ya, anyway) ;)

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Image result for resemblance between mike todd and richard burton

I've always thought that Mike Todd and Richard Burton resembled each other

There is a State Farm commercial where husband and wife DO look like each other. Both even has the same wit...Turn the key, turn the wheel. :lol:

parent-lookalike.png