Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, cinecrazydc said:

John Hoyt and Alf Kjellen

 

Picture ofMission: Impossible: S2

Actually here cinecrazy, you know who I always thought John Hoyt looked like?

I'll give ya a hint.

He heads up the government of Pottsylvania, and has those two inept spies, Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale, in his employ.

Yep, you guessed it! None other than...

 

250?cb=20161011194202&path-prefix=rockya

                      Fearless Leader

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

When Joan Rivers was doing the Red Carpet some years ago, she confused Ben Kingsley with F. Murray Abraham.  I don't think they look alike,

Reminds me of my younger days, and when, and even though they TOO don't resemble each other much at all, I'd kind'a confuse Edmund O'Brien with Arthur Kennedy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2020 at 7:05 PM, Dargo said:

Actually here cinecrazy, you know who I always thought John Hoyt looked like?

I'll give ya a hint.

He heads up the government of Pottsylvania, and has those two inept spies, Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale, in his employ.

Yep, you guessed it! None other than...

 

250?cb=20161011194202&path-prefix=rockya

                      Fearless Leader

Fearless Leader is actually based off of Otto Skorzeny, the SS chief.

https://www.cracked.com/article_20747_6-bizarre-cameos-by-infamous-killers-in-kids-shows.html

It's not just that Fearless Leader is a stock Nazi character -- he may even be a specific Nazi. The scar on the left side of his face was the trademark of Otto Skorzeny, one of the chiefs of the SS during World War II.

226339.jpg?v=1

And yes, Skorzeny survived the war and was still alive -- just hangin' around, doin' murderer stuff -- while Rocky & Bullwinkle was on the air. It's not unlikely that he watched the show. It is very unlikely that he rooted for Moose and Squirrel.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sukhov said:

Fearless Leader is actually based off of Otto Skorzeny, the SS chief.

https://www.cracked.com/article_20747_6-bizarre-cameos-by-infamous-killers-in-kids-shows.html

It's not just that Fearless Leader is a stock Nazi character -- he may even be a specific Nazi. The scar on the left side of his face was the trademark of Otto Skorzeny, one of the chiefs of the SS during World War II.

226339.jpg?v=1

And yes, Skorzeny survived the war and was still alive -- just hangin' around, doin' murderer stuff -- while Rocky & Bullwinkle was on the air. It's not unlikely that he watched the show. It is very unlikely that he rooted for Moose and Squirrel.

Nice history lesson here, Sukhov. Very informative. Thanks.

Just one thing though.

Sure, while Boris and Natasha's boss Fearless Leader may have been PATTERNED after Herr Skorzeny here, I still say he (the cartoon character Fearless Leader) LOOKS much more like actor John Hoyt than Skorzeny does in that shot of him up there and even with the common facial scar, and who IN TURN looks a hell of lot like actor George Brent up there to me.

(...so, any word if Skorzeny's butt also grew to extra large proportions as HE got older TOO???)  ;)

LOL

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2020 at 4:42 PM, chaya bat woof woof said:

When Joan Rivers was doing the Red Carpet some years ago, she confused Ben Kingsley with F. Murray Abraham.  I don't think they look alike,

 

7 hours ago, Dargo said:

Nice history lesson here, Sukhov. Very informative. Thanks.

Just one thing though.

Sure, while Boris and Natasha's boss Fearless Leader may have been PATTERNED after Herr Skorzeny here, I still say he (the cartoon character Fearless Leader) LOOKS much more like actor John Hoyt than Skorzeny does in that shot of him up there and even with the common facial scar, and who IN TURN looks a hell of lot like actor George Brent up there to me.

(...so, any word if Skorzeny's BUTT also grew to extra large proportions as HE got older TOO???)  ;)

LOL

You're not going to believe this but I noticed the similarity with Skorzeny too ! I didn't post a photo of him because I thought he had a patch over his eye - he didn't.  I could't find a picture of him with a patch - there isn't any.  However, there is a famous German who did have an eye patch -  anti-Nazi Count vonStauffenberg who led the failed coup against Hitler in 1944, placing a bomb at Hitler's headquarters in East Prussia, which resulted in Hitler only being slightly wounded and the conspirators arrested and put to death.   Perhaps the cartoon character is a composite of Skorzeny (with scar) and vonStauffenberg(with the patch) ?  The coup attempt was dramatized in the 2008 movie Valkyrie, with Tom Cruise. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985699/

Claus Von Stauffenberg Eye Patch download free software ...Valkyrie Poster

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2020 at 12:03 PM, chaya bat woof woof said:

Same here.  And for some reason, Van Heflin and Arthur Kennedy.

That one gets me sometimes too.

There are also some interesting though unintended look-alike examples to be had over in the Questions section of the forum.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

For quite a while my sister in law kept thinking THIS guy, 

Was THIS guy!  :D 

:D

Sepiatone

Speaking of great old NFL Quarterbacks here, Sepia...

I always thought Joe Montana looked a hell of lot like Barry Manilow...

enhanced-buzz-25586-1366648993-0.jpg

And evidently I'm not the only one who has, as I googled this very thing and this comparison shot of the two (which I'm sure you can't see because of that damn glitch you've had with your computer for years now) had already been downloaded into the net.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hamradio said:

My mom told me there was a deliveryman for a local furniture store back during the 1950's looked exactly like Henry Silva saying both could be twin brothers. 

henry-silva-d6fe9b16-8420-45e2-b3b8-5bf2

 

Hmmm...not too sure if I'd care for my futon to be delivered by a guy who looks like that!  ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

DARG, both those images showed up just fine.  What the difference as to why I couldn't say.  But SUKHOV's posted image didn't.  Someday I'll get this straightened out.

Sepiatone

Maybe try checking if your image filter is set on:

Pictures of old Nazis: Block

Pictures of old NFL QBs: Off

(...just a suggestion) ;)

LOL

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this pic on the Have You Seen These Films? thread and thought it was Harrison Ford from the '70s. It's George Peppard.

George Peppard in The Blue Max (1966)

Sorry. IMDB seems to be prohibiting me from copying and pasting the full size image.

Here's Harrison:

Harrison Ford and Lesley-Anne Down in Hanover Street (1979)

 

I don't know if that's an IMDB copyright protection thing. I don't ever remember that happening to me before.  Hope everyone's eyesight is good!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I'd go with York and SUE LYONS having more of a resemblance.

Sepiatone

Hmm, maybe so.  After recently watching Kaleidoscope with Susannah York I noticed she has the same curly , slightly goofy smile as Meg Ryan.  The short hair helped, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...