• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, hamradio said:

Think I found Edna May Oliver's...

...better half.

81Kukl9yeIL._RI_.jpg

And ham, I think Edna's "better half" here looks a lot like John Huston.

(...don't ya think?!)

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, cinecrazydc said:

Gilbert Roland and ventriloquist Jeff Dunham's character Jose Jalapeno 

Gilbert Roland - rangers of fortune 1940 - 8 1/2 X11 | eBayJeff Dunham : Controlled Chaos - Charles Brewster's AS ...

...."on a steeek"! 

(...in of course the interests of properly quoting Mr. Dunham's act here, cinecrazy)  ;)

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

MV5BNTI5YzA5ZDMtNWI2Mi00NGQ4LWJjODEtMjc2                            joan_sims_01.jpg

Monique Gerard                                                                                                                       Joan Sims

• Like 1

An episode of "The Millionaire" was on the TV screen the other morning and I heard a familiar voice. I looked up and thought I was looking at Robert Taylor for a few seconds, but no, it was Rick Jason, years before "Combat." They even sounded alike.

yaCvut3.jpg

Then I remembered an interview I read of Jackie Gleason where the interviewer mentioned he had seen an early photo of a much slimmer Jackie and thought he looked like Robert Taylor. Jackie said something like, in those days "everybody looked like Robert Taylor."

• Like 1

RICK JASON always reminded me of a guy I knew back in high school.  Or the other way around....  ;)   I was familiar with who Rick Jason was before meeting the other guy.  

But yeah, I getcha.

Sepiatone

• 3 weeks later...

So, maybe it was just me, but yesterday morning while watching SHOW OF SHOWS('29)  It seemed to me that in several scenes with FRANK FAY, that Mr. Fay did remind me somewhat of the late ROBIN WILLIAMS.  Mostly I think, due to Mr. Fay's facial and speech mannerisms in the film.   Best example I could find is----

Sepiatone

• 3 weeks later...

They are not perfect matches but whenever I see these two European actors they remind me a bit of Dusty.

Francois_Cluzet.jpg  dustin-hoffman.jpg?fit=350,450&ssl=1  12976510_515695591947394_345532321_a.jpg

Francois Cluzet                                          Dustin Hoffman                                 Antonio De La Torre

• Like 2

I think I already posted this on the "I Just Watched" thread, but Bud Cort in "Harold and Maude" is basically a slightly heavier Elijah Wood from the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

• Like 1