Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This 1839 self-portrait  by photographer Robert Cornelius, often credited as the "world's first selfie," always reminds me of actor John Savage:

tumblr_nf2nq9JCnG1qeu6ilo1_500.jpg.0f5c9abf2e62b7e14ac2ac97168247d4.jpg

the-deer-hunter-year-1978-usa-john-savage-director-michael-cimino-B83PE9.thumb.jpg.360a765a96104a71da3c702fa48da0a9.jpg

And something about this Julia Margaret Cameron portrait of an unnamed Italian actor (as Shakespeare's Iago) makes me think of Oscar Isaac:

tumblr_ne658l8naJ1qeu6ilo1_500.jpg.67e7658085668e2a27c1d270e9a7868b.jpg

66195320.thumb.jpg.e5819d9b2e9d06cddb8fab770a1bdc62.jpg

• Like 3
10 hours ago, GraceHepburn said:

James Dean and James Francoimage.jpeg.516cac47bdab66598be40086920a19c5.jpeg

Franco actually played Dean in a movie!

Not a bad comparison here Grace, but for my money, there were always two other actors who resembled James Dean a little more than Franco.

Michael Parks and Christopher Jones.

(...and with the former even possessing a very similar voice and many of the mannerisms that Dean had)

• Like 3

Watched the opening scenes of Detour (1945) just now--when Tom Drake turned towards the camera (while playing the piano), my mind immediately flashed on Kurt Russell:

maxresdefault-5.thumb.jpg.425c4aaba7e55ddf726e41d4c2537663.jpg

th-46.jpg.96fc83b7609e1ba3d0c37af1be97998b.jpg

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Fausterlitz said:

Watched the opening scenes of Detour (1945) just now--when Tom Drake turned towards the camera (while playing the piano), my mind immediately flashed on Kurt Russell:

maxresdefault-5.thumb.jpg.425c4aaba7e55ddf726e41d4c2537663.jpg

Really Fauster, Drake in that shot reminds me more of JOCK MAHONEY    or maybe a bit of REX REASON, who I always thought resembles HOWARD DUFF pretty closely.

Sepiatone

On 2/2/2021 at 7:29 AM, TikiSoo said:

th?id=OIP.Dnf0l4BOKRfoT4Qv44RvwwHaJw&pid

Hedy Lamarr

563ef3fbba50e__bennett-joan-02.jpg

Joan Bennett

vivien-leigh-9378241-1-402.jpg

Vivian Leigh

Elizabeth-Taylor-Hollywoods-Most-Allurin

Elizabeth Taylor

1200px-Studio_publicity_Jean_Simmons.jpg

Jean Simmons

Always thought Hedy and Vivien were like sisters, they look almost alike. Great post.

4 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

Madam Janis Paige & Madam Jean Hagen (sp); could be the same, Verbatim,, Exact Person... imo

It's customary to actually show a photo in case the reader is unfamiliar with whom you're referring to:

Janis Paige:

2955e948fb7b8efc7d0a7f971b186952.jpg

Jean Hagen:

0aac381dc17bcdde2172f29faf38f294.jpg

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

It's customary to actually show a photo in case the reader is unfamiliar with whom you're referring to:

Janis Paige:

2955e948fb7b8efc7d0a7f971b186952.jpg

Jean Hagen:

0aac381dc17bcdde2172f29faf38f294.jpg

Yup. I know.

Im Not Able to though. Not Sure Why. But im Not Able to.

Among a Couple Other intermittent Hiccups (Problems) that ive Had with message boards.. ive "converted" those one or two issues (such as said site seemingly "not letting me" upload helpful photos); ive uploaded one or two of these issues and concerns into the Problems with Message Board(s) Thread.

6 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

I can't post pics either.  And in the case of the shortly earlier David Paymer/ Stanley DeSantis comparison, I only see the photo of Paymer, but only get a link to the DeSantis photo that gives me a "certificate error"  notification when I click on it. 

And there's a photo of JOAN BENNETT  up there that more reminds me of LUCILLE BALL (especially the eyes and mouth) than the others it's listed with.

Sepiatone

9 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

Yup. I know.

Im Not Able to though. Not Sure Why. But im Not Able to.

Among a Couple Other intermittent Hiccups (Problems) that ive Had with message boards.. ive "converted" those one or two issues (such as said site seemingly "not letting me" upload helpful photos); ive uploaded one or two of these issues and concerns into the Problems with Message Board(s) Thread.

So Ari, seems you're also having difficulties of late posting all those multitudes of emojis you usually post too, eh?! LOL

(...sorry, just couldn't resist ;) ...and no, I'm not suggesting that you start doin' that again) 

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Lionel Barrymore in "The Little Colonel" (1935)

the-little-colonel-lionel-barrymore-ever

Colonel Sanders

graded_0027838-1024x659.jpg

And so then not too surprisingly, Lionel Barrrymore was known to make the very best tasting fried chicken in all of Beverly Hills, and although it was said he only had SIX secret herbs and spices in his recipe.

Yep, and even during his later years and when he was wheelin' around his kitchen in his wheelchair.

(...yep, tough old bird Lionel be...although they said his fried chicken never was)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Dargo said:

So Ari, seems you're also having difficulties of late posting all those multitudes of emojis you usually post too, eh?! LOL

(...sorry, just couldn't resist ;) ...and no, I'm not suggesting that you start doin' that again) 

🤔..

Russell Arms, who played a Lockheed Aircraft plant worker during WWII in tonight's showing of Wings for the Eagle (1942)...

zNDFepfyJA9FAkQYLzb34o1uG6K8HwXQo0cSxA=&

AND

Rip Torn...

6556826535_26d95243fe_b.jpg

• Like 2
On 5/27/2021 at 10:26 AM, Aritosthenes said:

Among a Couple Other intermittent Hiccups (Problems) that ive Had with message boards..

Oh so THAT'S your posting problems....🙄

One of the glitches in the system is it will only link photos that begin with "http" in their URL. If you choose some random photo from someone's instagram/blogspot page, it won't load here. See the "Other Media" pull down menu at the bottom right of your reply box.

1376887-harpo_marx_5.jpg

You can also upload your own photo, then attach/link from YOUR device. That attachment link is on the bottom left of the reply box along with the image a paper clip.

HarpoSooBW.jpg.de8ec8f4e43220cc391ca3657e7d9ef7.jpg

Be careful though, your "attachments" fill up & eventually need to be removed, like that old photo of me as Harpo. See what I did there? It's the Lookalikes thread, isn't it?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Oh so THAT'S your posting problems....🙄

One of the glitches in the system is it will only link photos that begin with "http" in their URL. If you choose some random photo from someone's instagram/blogspot page, it won't load here. See the "Other Media" pull down menu at the bottom right of your reply box.

1376887-harpo_marx_5.jpg

You can also upload your own photo, then attach/link from YOUR device. That attachment link is on the bottom left of the reply box along with the image a paper clip.

HarpoSooBW.jpg.de8ec8f4e43220cc391ca3657e7d9ef7.jpg

Be careful though, your "attachments" fill up & eventually need to be removed, like that old photo of me as Harpo. See what I did there? It's the Lookalikes thread, isn't it?

😏 I Have Many Problems..

_

Thanks For The Info Tiki,.

👊👍👍👍

- ---

I think the impetus of the problem stems from storage space /memory,.

As im Typing this right now i look at the bottom of this particular piece of the thread and see "Max total size: 3.27kB..

Guess my emoji free for all zoo uses a lot of memory ..

😂

7 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

Guess my emoji free for all zoo uses a lot of memory ..

...and is truly unnecessary for a message board of this caliber. 

4 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

...and is truly unnecessary for a message board of this caliber. 

So Is Needless Petty Insults and Rather Pointless Ridicule for (and from) Anyone of Any Calibre,.

🙏.

• 2 weeks later...