Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

54 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

If you put glasses on British actor Mark Strong , you apparently get Stanley Tucci:

pDhxBwH.jpg

Op8soD0.jpg

But, with ANOTHER difference between these two other than the glasses being that I hear Mr. Strong here couldn't cook a decent plate of Spaghetti if his life depended upon it!    ;)

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Dargo said:

But, with ANOTHER difference between these two other than the glasses being that I hear Mr. Strong here couldn't cook a decent plate of Spaghetti if his life depended upon it!    ;)

I'm not so sure - Strong is half Italian.

5 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

I'm not so sure - Strong is half Italian.

Yeah, but does HE have a program on TV that focuses on Italian cuisine TOO???  ;)

Don't think so.

(...and hey besides, he's STILL half British, and you remember that old joke that says "In Hell, the Germans are the police and the British are the cooks", don't YA?!)  

• Haha 1

Everyone should know by now The Camera Lies. On another thread I posted this picture of myself and was compared to such beauties such as Joan Jett & Rosanna Arquette (rhymes!)

TSAd80.jpg.7158f63086afbace31e38cc735f95355.jpg

The movie star I truly most resemble:

darkcrystal.png

That's right, a Muppet. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

No offense TIKI, but that shot looks a lot like CHARLIE WATTS.  ;) 

Sepiatone

Charlie Watts circa 1969-1972

• Thanks 1

I do hope TIKI realizes  I meant no offense in that mention.  It's not like I have any room to talk, what with this clock stopping visage I sport.  ;) 

Sepiatone

On 5/29/2021 at 8:13 AM, TikiSoo said:

One of the glitches in the system is it will only link photos that begin with "http" in their URL.

More specifically, it insists on "https"--but I randomly discovered that you can often just insert your own "s" if it's absent in the original URL, and then it will magically work.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I do hope TIKI realizes  I meant no offense in that mention.  It's not like I have any room to talk, what with this clock stopping visage I sport. 

Haha no offense. I know from being on both sides of the camera how it LIES.  This entire thread is proof of that.

I am pretty detached from my visual image and hold little vanity. My only vanity is to look neat, clean and attractive-meaning just smiling & making eye contact.

• Like 1

I have experience on both sides of the camera, and as a wedding photographer, I couldn't afford for the camera to lie!  ;)  But, cameras lying don't bother me as much as all those bathroom scales that ALL lie! :angry:  ;) 

Sepiatone

• 2 weeks later...

Brasseur_Harcourt_1943.jpg

Pierre Brasseur      

stars-alberto-sordi-P0C3TB.jpg

Alberto Sordi

We were talking in another thread about Shelly Duvall:

latest?cb=20171007033621

and I realized how much she reminds me of MacKenzie Phillips:

mackenzie-phillips.jpg

They both have those big doe eyes & full lips over prominent teeth. I have always liked both gals work and appreciate what tough times both have endured.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Former 'Jeopardy!' Tournament of Champions winner and recent guest host of the quiz show Buzzie Cohen...

abcce7d0-074d-0134-24a3-0e1b1c96d76b.png

And, silent film great Harold Lloyd...

44390053004_67bf0d1e84_b.jpg

(...and no, not just because of the glasses here, either)

• Like 1
On 6/29/2021 at 7:23 AM, TikiSoo said:

We were talking in another thread about Shelly Duvall:

and I realized how much she reminds me of MacKenzie Phillips:

mackenzie-phillips.jpg

They both have those big doe eyes & full lips over prominent teeth. I have always liked both gals work and appreciate what tough times both have endured.

Probably have mentioned this before around here, but a few years back I had the pleasure of having MacKenzie Phillips sitting shotgun for two hours on the shuttle van I was driving from Phoenix's Sky Harbor Airport to Sedona. 

She was very personable and open about herself. We talked about her career starting from one of her first roles in the film American Graffiti, her sitcom One Day at a Time and many other subjects. Yes, even her personal issues which had become quite public over the years. 

She was then currently and I think still might be a counselor at an addiction clinic in southern California.

After offering to autograph it if I'd drop it off with her hotel's desk clerk, she signed my little 1:24 scale model of the John Milner character's yellow '32 Ford Deuce Coupe hot rod featured in AG, the car in which she shared most of her screen time with Paul Le Mat who played the Milner character and who had previously autographed my scale model.

(...one of my more memorable shuttle runs I've had over these past seven years now)

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Former 'Jeopardy!' Tournament of Champions winner and recent guest host of the quiz show Buzzie Cohen...

abcce7d0-074d-0134-24a3-0e1b1c96d76b.png

And, silent film great Harold Lloyd...

44390053004_67bf0d1e84_b.jpg

(...and no, not just because of the glasses here, either)

For some reason, I got a John Turturro vibe from Buzzie's picture above.  Maybe it's just the Quiz Show influence..

JOHN TURTURRO QUIZ SHOW (1994 Stock Photo - Alamy

• Like 1
On 6/9/2021 at 9:29 PM, Dargo said:

If you put glasses on British actor Mark Strong , you apparently get Stanley Tucci:

Dargo didn't say this but I'm quoting the quote from this thread by scsu 1975.

I saw the trailer for the new Cruella, and I was sure Tucci was playing Emma Thompson's valet based on the brief shots of him, but turns out it was Strong.

On 6/30/2021 at 3:00 PM, sewhite2000 said:

Dargo didn't say this but I'm quoting the quote from this thread by scsu 1975.

I saw the trailer for the new Cruella, and I was sure Tucci was playing Emma Thompson's valet based on the brief shots of him, but turns out it was Strong.

I was watching Before I Go to Sleep, with Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth. I spent the whole film thinking Stanley Tucci was doing a British accent, only to discover it was Strong.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, scsu1975 said:

Silent screen comic Max Linder and Francis McDonald:

ZsP0j3u.jpg

gOP9Vmg.jpg

Allow me to throw Raul Julia into the mix here too, Rich...

29g3g=&risl=1&pid=ImgRaw

• Like 1

Moe Howard! Nice that you added pictures, but I do not know who either of those two people are.  (that first one is scary!)

1 hour ago, TikiSoo said:

Moe Howard! Nice that you added pictures, but I do not know who either of those two people are.  (that first one is scary!)

The fist is Janice Dickinson, the second might be the next governor of California.

• Thanks 1
On 7/4/2021 at 5:13 AM, TikiSoo said:

They are both scary. 

Lee Pace as  Thranduil the Elvenking  in The Hobbit trilogy.    Thranduil_-_BOFA.png

Brent Spiner as Mr. Data from the Star Trek franchise.              data.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1