Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

26 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Scott Brady and Glen Corbett.

Scott Brady - The Timeless TheaterGlenn Corbett Bio - Bonanza Boomers

Actually here James, for some reason which I've never been able to quite put my finger on, Scott Brady has always reminded me of Lawrence Tierney.

And maybe ALSO surprisingly, this same sort'a thing always happens with me between Dana Andrews and Steve Forrest, between George Sanders and Tom Conway, AND between Peter Graves and James Arness.

(...I know, go figure, huh)  ;)

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Dargo said:

Actually here James, for some reason which I've never been able to quite put my finger on, Scott Brady has always reminded me of Lawrence Tierney.

You may already know this  (It's hard to tell when you're serious).  Scott Brady was born Jerry Tierney (Lawrence's brother) but changed his name in an effort to disassociate himself from his notorious brother.  Seems like a good career move.

16 minutes ago, Katie_G said:

You may already know this  (It's hard to tell when you're serious).  Scott Brady was born Jerry Tierney (Lawrence's brother) but changed his name in an effort to disassociate himself from his notorious brother.  Seems like a good career move.

Yea,  Dargo knew this already and he knew I knew it already.        

PS:  love your avatar from Too Late for Tears.      The film where Scott gets the better of Duryea proving the femme fatale is stronger than the male noir figure,  yet again.

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Dargo said:

And maybe ALSO surprisingly, this same sort'a thing always happens with me between Dana Andrews and Steve Forrest, between George Sanders and Tom Conway, AND between Peter Graves and James Arness.

(...I know, go figure, huh)  ;)

Oddly too, I notice more of a slight( mind you) resemblance to that shot of Brady and  ROD TAYLOR.  But maybe it's more the hair........?   and besides, 

Once finding out their connection, I STILL can't see any family resemblance between Steve Forrest and Dana Andrews.   But then many couldn't see any resemblance between me and MY brother.   I once mentioned that to my Mother and asked  for some opinion of it and she merely said, "Watch your STEP!"  ;)  

Sepiatone

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Oddly too, I notice more of a slight( mind you) resemblance to that shot of Brady and  ROD TAYLOR.  But maybe it's more the hair........?   and besides, 

Once finding out their connection, I STILL can't see any family resemblance between Steve Forrest and Dana Andrews.   But then many couldn't see any resemblance between me and MY brother.   I once mentioned that to my Mother and asked  for some opinion of it and she merely said, "Watch your STEP!"  ;)  

Sepiatone

Funny here Sepia, but when it comes to the brotherly resemblances of all those I jokingly referred to above, I have to say the Andrews/Forrest one has always seemed the most pronounced to me.

(...and then with the Sanders/Conway one a very close second)

President James K. Polk definitely reminds me of someone, but I can't quite figure out who.  So far he strikes me as Peter Stormare with a touch of Boris Karloff.  (Feel free to offer alternate suggestions...)

overview-James-K-Polk.jpg.37b04c3400d03ca2c657570be0a8517c.jpg

actor-peter-stormare-5580_large.jpg.b34a5ce02c359ce51e4f70ed6dc4c1bf.jpgbsp-static.playbill.jpg.c403c328618d9714d868732e083fc8ea.jpg

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Fausterlitz said:

President James K. Polk definitely reminds me of someone, but I can't quite figure out who.  So far he strikes me as Peter Stormare with a touch of Boris Karloff.  (Feel free to offer alternate suggestions...)

overview-James-K-Polk.jpg.37b04c3400d03ca2c657570be0a8517c.jpg

I see more of DONALD CRISP  in that Polk image there.  (check out the last part of this video)

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

I see more of DONALD CRISP  in that Polk image there.  (check out the last part of this video)

Yes, I thought of that, too, although Crisp usually gives me a gentler overall vibe (his performance in Broken Blossoms notwithstanding) than the more intimidatingly serious demeanor of Polk/Stormare/Karloff.  Also, he reminds me of Polk more in a general way (hair, head shape) rather than in any particular facial features.  Thanks for the video, btw (which, interestingly, paints Crisp as something of an unreliable tale-teller). 🙂

And, I have to say that the aforementioned Peter Stomare here...

actor-peter-stormare-5580_large.jpg.b34a

...is remindin' ME of what Green Bay Packers QB and recent Jeopardy! guest host Aaron Rodgers will look like in about 15 to 20 years from now...

og-aaron-rodgers-12058.jpg

(...c'mon...am I RIGHT or what here, HUH?!)  ;)

13 minutes ago, Dargo said:

...is remindin' ME of what Green Bay Packers QB and recent Jeopardy! guest host Aaron Rodgers will look like in about 15 to 20 years from now...

og-aaron-rodgers-12058.jpg

(...c'mon...am I RIGHT or what here, HUH?!)  ;)

I see Peter Townsend more so than Aaron.

17 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I see Peter Townsend more so than Aaron.

"Peter Townsend"?  THIS guy???...

AVT_Peter-Townsend_8888.jpg

Oh wait! You probably meant "Pete Townshend " of  The Who here, didn't ya James...

the-whos-pete-townshend-announces-debut-

Nope, sorry, Pete's chin and jawline are a lot weaker than Peter Stomare's is/are. And don't be fooled here with the common receeding hairline either.

(...nope, I'm stickin' with my George Brent...doooh...I mean my Aaron Rodgers thing here, dude!)  ;)

26 minutes ago, Dargo said:

"Peter Townsend"?  THIS guy???...

Oh wait! You probably meant "Pete Townshend " of  The Who here, didn't ya James...

Nope, sorry, Pete's chin and jawline are a lot weaker than Peter Stomare's is/are. And don't be fooled here with the common receeding hairline either.

(...nope, I'm stickin' with my George Brent...doooh...I mean my Aaron Rodgers thing here, dude!)  ;)

Don't worry,   I will not be fooled again!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Don't worry,   I will not be fooled again!

LOL

Glad to see you followed up with that line I left for ya there, James.  ;) 

20 hours ago, Dargo said:

I too, can see a bit of  ROBERT DUVALL there as well.

Sepiatone

1 minute ago, Sepiatone said:

I too, can see a bit of  ROBERT DUVALL there as well.

Sepiatone

Yeeeah, a little bit maybe.

(...STILL say he looks like George Brent...DOOH...I mean like what Aaron Rodgers is gonna look like in about 20 years from now or so)  ;)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, TikiSoo said:

I was recently looking for a photo of George Segal and spotted this young photo:

41vDCN8N1hL._SX342_QL70_.jpg

That looked just like my man Shatner:

Star_Trek_William_Shatner.jpeg

I also see more than a slight resemblance between young Mr. Segal there and with young Mr. Plummer here too, Tiki...

Christopher-Plummer.jpg

• Like 2