• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lookalikes?

scsu1975

23 minutes ago, Sukhov said:

Well let’s just thank God we never had to see Trump in the Tarzan loincloth. 🤮

LOL

Boy, you can say THAT again here, Sukhov!

Yep, as if it wasn't bad enough seein' that pic of him playing tennis in those tight-fitting white shorts while he reached to hit a shot.

AND a sight of which I STILL have unfortunately NEVER been able to scrub clean from the deep recessess of my mind, I might add! LOL

(...btw here Sukhov...YOU see what I was talkin' about with my earlier resemblance posting here, don't YA?!...well, that would be IF you wouldn't also allow your feelings about this to also influence your decision here, anyway)

48 minutes ago, Dargo said:

LOL

Boy, you can say THAT again here, Sukhov!

Yep, as if it wasn't bad enough seein' that pic of him playing tennis in those tight-fitting white shorts while he reached to hit a shot.

AND a sight of which I STILL have unfortunately NEVER been able to scrub clean from the deep recessess of my mind, I might add! LOL

(...btw here Sukhov...YOU see what I was talkin' about with my earlier resemblance posting here, don't YA?!...well, that would be IF you wouldn't also allow your feelings about this to also influence your decision here, anyway)

I see a strong resemblance between Mr Weissmuller’s face and Trump’s but Weissmuller’s skull shape on the top is much more elongated and his hair is much nicer. Face-wise though I do see it.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sukhov said:

I see a strong resemblance between Mr Weissmuller’s face and Trump’s but Weissmuller’s skull shape on the top is much more elongated and his hair is much nicer. Face-wise though I do see it.

Thank you for this, Sukhov.

Ever notice how in this sort of thing it seems so many folks can not seem to override their "value judgments" in regard to how they feel about one person being compared to another person that's offered up for consideration as to their possible physical likenesses? 

You know, as if thinking something such as, "I've always liked that person, and so to compare them in ANY manner at all to someone that I DON'T like, is just 'wrong' and so I refuse to acknowledge it"?

(...yep, sorry Sepia, and no offense intended here, but I'm talkin' about you in THIS case...but be assured, I've noticed this sort of thing  quite often happening throughout the entire run of this very long thread, and by many of another of our fellow TCM board regulars...heck, for that matter, I've probably done this myself at some time over the course of this thread)

20 hours ago, Dargo said:

I've personally never thought Weissmuller was all that "good looking" even in his younger days...nope, Johnny's "forte" and his true claim to fame in MY book was always his physique)

Why would you?

I think Weissmuller was very handsome, an appealing face. I think he's still handsome as an older man but then again, I'm an older woman.

th?id=OIP.F5p61uJU7wv3Vq9Nv1MFpgHaJH&pid

Yes, his smooth skin & physique is beautiful, but this guy would still turn my head-

1-johnny-weissmuller-1930s-everett.jpg

Mmmm, pretty sexy, look at those full lips -

7686c5c77409ec0b24fbf1a287284f2d.jpg

In this shot he resembles Paul Muni a bit, but WHOA - does anyone else find this photo pretty suggestive?

johnny-weissmuller-in-tarzan-and-his-mat

Dargo said: Ever notice how in this sort of thing it seems so many folks can not seem to override their "value judgments" in regard to how they feel about one person

My personal feelings have nothing to do with your comparison. I will admit in his younger years the Chump was pretty handsome, but hasn't aged nearly as well as Weissmuller. I absolutely believe the way you live your life wholly shows on your face & physique as you age, like The Picture Of Dorian Gray.

• Like 2

And sorry Darg.  I don't see any hint of a resemblance. 

But I DO see a resemblance in ol' "orange" and this guy!

disco-kool-aid-man.jpg

:D  Sepiatone

• Haha 3

I think Donald Trump was right when he said he looked like Elvis Presley when he was younger. I see there are a lot of meme comparison images on Google but I can’t upload them from my cellphone for some reason.

17 minutes ago, Sukhov said:

I think Donald Trump was right when he said he looked like Elvis Presley when he was younger. I see there are a lot of meme comparison images on Google but I can’t upload them from my cellphone for some reason.

Ah...no.  

Donald Trump Thinks He Looked Like Elvis. He Did Not. Here's What He Did Look Like (esquire.com)

Donald Trump Thinks He Looked Like Elvis. He Did Not. Here's What He Did  Look Like

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Tikisoo said:

I could imagine that Chump believing he resembled Elvis...he's delusional.

LOL 

Good point, Tiki.

Aah, but THEN by extention here, would you NOW be suggesting that I TOO am somehow "delusional" for thinking that the Orange One kind'a looks like that pic of an older Johnny Weissmuller that I posted earlier in this thing??!!!

(...I kid...I kid...and even though I still do!)  ;)

And this guy 

Rep. Michael McCaul...

FullC22617D2011-01-03.jpg

Somewhat reminded me of THIS guy

Richard Jaeckel

71234.jpg

Enough to be brothers at least.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

And this guy 

Rep. Michael McCaul...

FullC22617D2011-01-03.jpg

Somewhat reminded me of THIS guy

Richard Jaeckel

71234.jpg

Enough to be brothers at least.

Sepiatone

But...but...they parted their hair on the opposite sides of their HEADS here, Sepia?!

(...and seein' as how the whole idea of "hair" seems to be such a deciding factor in these sorts of things around here lately, you understand!)  ;)

LOL

• Haha 1

Btw here Sepia, I gotta say your pic of the congressman up there is actually reminding ME a little more of onetime NFL coach and now football commentator Jimmy Johnson here...

media-659.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

WAY off the mark there,Darg.  Maybe you should see a good ophthalmologist.  ;) 

Now, I don't know where that photo of the golfer someone thought looked like Leslie Howard went to, but watching an episode of "Stranger Things"  last night it seemed that golfer more reminded me of Mr. Elwes here.   And if you disagree(in earnest, not contrarily) maybe we both need the use of a good ophthalmologist.  :D 

CaryElwes_ViaArtist-1160x883.jpg

Couldn't find an image with the same expression though.

Sepiatone

Well Sepia, maybe we can at least agree on the following two ladies here then...

Parker Posey (who was in last night's TCM showing of Waiting for Guffman)...

0367aa9f-7114-4046-a003-2d52e5bf5862_1.5

...and...

Elizabeth Banks...

Elizabeth-Banks.jpg

(...and, if you can't see the resemblance HERE, then I'll know it isn't ME who needs to visit an eye doctor at their earliest convenience)  ;)

• Like 5

I think it was Mr.Gorman who in another thread recently offered up the thought that some present day pro golfer looks like Leslie Howard.

Well, I'm here to tell ya that, no, it isn't that golfer who resembles him, but is actually more a present day pro tennis player who does.

And this being the following Norwegian kid here who just today became the runner-up for this year's U.S. Open mens singles title...Casper Ruud...

(f_20220906_USO_Day9_GE309743.jpg

(...and btw...the 19 y/o Spanish kid who beat Mr. Ruud in four very tough sets today to win the title, Carlos Alcaraz, COULD end up being the greatest tennis player of all time in twenty years time and after his career comes to an end...this kid's game doesn't have a flaw and his mental toughness at such a tender age is nothing short of remarkable...mark my words)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the Three Stooges thread I had posted this pic of Larry Fine:

71ebb595d5d58aca240c76e3f6973469.jpg

The bass player in the band WEEN, Dave Dreiwitz resembles Fine quite a bit, especially with long curly hair:

ween-dave-dreiwitz.jpg

I've heard the guys in the band call him Porcupine. Dave is a sweetie & a great talent-I love him!

C1ML2zlVQAEqfm1.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 8:05 PM, Dargo said:

I think it was Mr.Gorman who in another thread recently offered up the thought that some present day pro golfer looks like Leslie Howard.

Well, I'm here to tell ya that, no, it isn't that golfer who resembles him, but is actually more a present day pro tennis player who does.

And this being the following Norwegian kid here who just today became the runner-up for this year's U.S. Open mens singles title...Casper Ruud...

(f_20220906_USO_Day9_GE309743.jpg

(...and btw...the 19 y/o Spanish kid who beat Mr. Ruud in four very tough sets today to win the title, Carlos Alcaraz, COULD end up being the greatest tennis player of all time in twenty years time and after his career comes to an end...this kid's game doesn't have a flaw and his mental toughness at such a tender age is nothing short of remarkable...mark my words)

I think your tennis player here more resembles.....

d25d90c3820f11ff4c6ef1117c95be0d

Robert Walker Jr.   

Sepiatone

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings