Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The correct spelling, of course, is SARSAPARILLA, even though it's pronounced "sasparilla."

If I recall, this is the drink that Sugarfoot (Will Hutchins) always ordered in a bar.

*I never knew sasparilla really truly existed. I always thought it was a made-up Western film convention.*

It's just an older variation on Root Beer. Actually looking at my bottle it's spelled Sarsaparilla. Go figure.

*Molo. Listen, we've got to get Glorious Gloria Grahame back on top on this board.*

I agree. If you don't come up with a post I will.

*I'm trying to get the hang of this without messing up. I'll have SCSU on my butt.*

He's strangely calm right now but he could snap at any moment. We must tread lightly! :)

Oops! I see you caught that spelling mistake. I posted before I noticed. Wow Rich you know a lot about everything! :)

I think you're right about Surgarfoot too! Maybe that's where I picked up the habit. We always watched those shows as kids.

Cinemaven: "Molo. Listen, we've got to get Glorious Gloria Grahame back on top on this board."

Molo: "I agree. If you don't come up with a post I will."

Cinemaven: "Okay, maybe you'd better. I'd hate to wear out my welcome on these here boards."

Is sarsaparilla alcoholic?

No it's just like root beer. The only brand I can get is Sioux City Sarsaparilla, probably the most popular. On the bottle it's slogan is "The Granddaddy of all Root Beers." It doesn't even have caffeine.

Don't get me wrong.... I like the occasional Wint-o-Green lifesaver, especially in a dark room, but to drink? Naaaah. Have you ever tried Moxie? Another big disappointment. I can't even describe the taste....

Message was edited by: JackFavell

CM - did you ever notice a resemblence between Gloria Grahame

and Lou Diamond Phillips ? I always meant to ask if you saw

Ann Carter all-grown-up on the tribute to Val Lewton, she was lovely -

Bronxie - did you know there is a peppermint soda flavor

as well as peppermint ice cream?