Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CM, I first noticed the resemblance when TCM showed Scream of Fear. Lewis in bathing trunks was the clincher. I half-expected to see him eating a hamburger on the floor.

SCSU: " I can't see the other photo, but Ms. Drew has a Gail Russell-ish smile going."

Gail_Russell_in_Wake_of_the_Red_Witch_trailer.jpg

I'm so sorry about the other photo. And you are so right about Gail Russell. I'm getting more and more impressed by you. Sheesh, Mother of Mercy...what's happening to me?

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> >He looked like he'd sprained something in almost every movie I've seen him in

>

> He was remarkably restrained in Call Northside 777 ... unlike his other movies, where he should have been placed under restraints. By the way, I must say he was one terrific actor.

Well, I do like him a lot, he was always compelling on-screen. I don't remember *Call Northside 777* very well, but I do have the DVD so I'll keep that in mind next time I'm watching it.

After seeing THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING ERNEST, I was convinced Dorothy Tuttin and Gloria Grahame were one in the same person...Yesterday's THE TALE OF TWO CITIES, convinces me even more. They were amazingly similar...heart-shaped face, pouting lips, aqueline nose and sparkling eyes. Does anyone know if Tuttin ever played a tart?...the role Grahame perfected.

I have been away from the message board for some months and just glanced through this thread and didn't see anything on what I am going to mention: In the 1937 movie 'Stand-In' Leslie Howard plays a New York banker that goes to Hollywood to straighten out a movie studio. The way Howard was costumed,especially the glasses,I think he looked an awful like Joseph P. Kennedy, father of President Kennedy, who as a New York banker went to Hollywood to straighten out a studio in mid 1920s(which after mergers and manipulations became RKO Radio Pictures).

I am sure Kennedy would have sued or made some fuss about this.

Has anyone noticed the strong resemblance between Hugh Marlowe and Richard Carlson or is it just me who sees it? (Please don't beat me for my lack of photo-posting skills -- I've got a summer cold and it is an ugly animal!)

Di

Probably already mentioned so forgive me if this is a repeat, but how abt Bob Hope and Kelsey Grammer?

Also, now don't laugh at me, Shirley Temple (as an adult) and Rosie O'Donnell (part of it is the dimple on the lower side of their mouths).

I can never look at adorable Shirley Temple in the same way again when someone says she resembles Rosie O'Donnell. Bob Hope and Kelsey Grammer? I never saw that resemblence. Can someone post photos of them?

> {quote:title=molo14 wrote:}{quote}

> Has anyone noticed the strong resemblance between Hugh Marlowe and Richard Carlson or is it just me who sees it?

>

> I think there is a resemblance.

Thanks molo, for both the confirmation and the pics. :)

Di

Thanks for mentioning Hugh and Richard. I was beginning to think I was the only one. I posted abt them way back on page 23,24, something and scsu was kind enough to put up pics. I checked a few minutes ago and Richard's picture has gone missing.

So thanks for the pictures, I always get these two actors mixed up tho I enjoy watching both of them.

> {quote:title=Poinciana wrote:}{quote}

> Thanks for mentioning Hugh and Richard. I was beginning to think I was the only one. I posted abt them way back on page 23,24, something and scsu was kind enough to put up pics. I checked a few minutes ago and Richard's picture has gone missing.

>

> So thanks for the pictures, I always get these two actors mixed up tho I enjoy watching both of them.

Oh, wow -- I missed that, Poinciana. I am sorry! You are absolutely right, though. It was when I was watching All About Eve last week that I noticed it (again!) and had to do a credit check to see which one was playing Celeste Holm's husband.

Di

OMG, I just saw by the ad that *Twelve Angry Men* is scheduled for next Sunday. Now that's good timing unless it's a last minute substitution. Wonder how the old OP did today.

Poinciana, dianabat, are we sure these two aren't the same guy? Have they ever been seen in a room together at the same time? Twins, maybe?

Honest, from the pics I have trouble telling them apart. I keep waiting for two of their movies to be shown closer together so I can compare. I went looking for the comparison pictures last night but didn't go back that far. This thread really has legs. It's papa should be proud. :)

>OMG, I just saw by the ad that Twelve Angry Men is scheduled for next Sunday. Now that's good timing unless it's a last minute substitution. Wonder how the old OP did today.

The trial is over and the verdict is in. By concidence, the presiding judge said he had never served on a jury, and the only thing he knows about jury deliberations is what he saw in 12 Angry Men. Also, he told us that since things don't always go smoothly with our judicial system in CT, we should not be surprised if one of us gets called for jury duty again in the next six months. I wanted to stand up and tell him that I had already gotten another notice for jury duty during this trial!

>This thread really has legs. It's papa should be proud.

I am. It's been fun ... and no fighting too!