Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please Please Please, I only meant the adult Shirley (in her forties) and Rosie when made-up good (not in the awful tabloid pics of her), sort of look alike. (I'm positive this is some brain blip on my part.) In no way did I want to interfere with anyone's image of Shirley as the adorable girl she was.

When I was a little kid and first saw Randolph Scott, I thought "he looks like that guy on Captain Gallant" - meaning Buster Crabbe. Someone at Paramount must have agreed as I learned years later that they appeared in a film together titled TO THE LAST MAN in which they played brothers.

tobitz,

Thanks for the confirmation.

*I think it's time to dig out that Ann Blyth, "Queen of the Nile," Twilight Zone episode again.*

I bought the complete box set of that series. Sounds like a good way to spend the afternoon but I better concentrate on yard work and my Gloria/In A lonely Place writing since I'm way behind.

This thread is haunting me. How about Audrey Totter and Ida Lupino. (hope this hasn't been done)

tension.web.jpgidalupino3yq.jpg

Did someone mention yardwork? Dang. I've been fatally distracted by King Kong again the last couple hours. I'm still trying to remember who Kong looks like.

Btw, nice photographic evidence of the Totter/Lupino resemblance there.

I've been thinking of the OP. Do you realize that after his long ordeal on jury duty, TCM chose to run a whole day of trial movies his first day home? (Including one with Lee. J. Cobb). And still he didn't complain about TCM programming. What a mensch.

>I've been thinking of the OP. Do you realize that after his long ordeal on jury duty, TCM chose to run a whole day of trial movies his first day home? (Including one with Lee. J. Cobb). And still he didn't complain about TCM programming.

Yes, I noticed that ... and I watched two of the films that day, including the one with Lee J. Cobb as the lawyer. I even thought about starting a thread on courtoom movies, to see if posters felt the "system" was being realistically portrayed. But then I figured it would drift off into a discussion of capital punishment, etc., and everyone would start fighting.

>What a mensch.

My girlfriend calls me that a lot.

That's exactly what went on in the jury room, except I was louder because my ankle was still sore. But in the end, we decided to give the death penalty to both the plaintiff and the defendant.