Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yes! I remember turning on a movie (forget which one),watching it for an hour thinking it was Lauren Bacall, and then realizing that it was Lisabeth Scott. They must also be sound alikes....Also, how about Audrey Hepburn and Jean Simmons? They don't really look that much alike, but I believe Simmons was considered a poor man's Audrey. Thay are the same type.

*When I saw a film ages ago called 'The Bedroom Window', I was surprised by a resemblance between the leading lady, Isabelle Huppert, and my fave Carole Lombard. Something about the contours of the face, the cheekbones, and the way Huppert moves.*

[comparewisabellehuppert.jpg]

IsabelleHuppert.jpg

I've admired Isabelle Huppert for a very long time, I never really thought about that resemblance before, but I do believe you're right (aside from Isabelle not being a blonde, of course).

However from what I know of her filmography, she has done more drama than comedy.

Clockwise: Loretta Young - Gail Russell - Gail Russell

I'm watching Along Came Jones (1945) on TCM now with Gary Cooper and Loretta Young. I was struck by the similarity between Loretta here and Gail Russell in Angel and the Badman (1947). Loretta's eyes tend to open wider.

Message was edited by: Kid_Dabb

Thanks for the pictures, KD. I see what you mean. This Thread is always fascinating to me! Don't we see someone in someone all the time?

I keep forgetting to note which actress that I've seen in a few ca 1940's movies who's a dead ringer for Donna Reed. And no it's not Donna.

Donna Reed was extremely beautiful, IMO. I have a clear vision of her in They Were Expendable. Just before she asks John Wayne

to the dance.. man! The lighting and soft focus really brought it out in her. The dinner, too.

I can't recall, offhand, a lookalike but she's got to be there. I'm getting a glimmer.

Message was edited by Kid Dabb to fit in with the unintended widescreen

> {quote:title=Poinciana wrote:}{quote}

>

> I keep forgetting to note which actress that I've seen in a few ca 1940's movies who's a dead ringer for Donna Reed. And no it's not Donna.

Well. Right now on TCM:

The Miracle of Morgan's Creek has Betty Hutton as Trudy Kockenlocker and Diana Lynn as Emmy Kockenlocker. I'm thinkin' Diana Lynn here..

*Diana Lynn and Donna Reed*

2ic5ndi.jpg14mtgs9_th.jpgjiyt5k.jpg

I see it. Nice match.

I was watching Fortunes of Captain Blood (1950) and Captain Pirate (1952) this afternoon and I kept thinking Louis Hayward was a ringer for young Orson Welles. I had no luck finding a head-shot of Louis Hayward in costume to match with Orson. One of these days..

..and that Captain Sinbad guy sure looks like Zorro to me :)