Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

> {quote:title=Kid_Dabb wrote:}{quote}

> I was watching Fortunes of Captain Blood (1950) and Captain Pirate (1952) this afternoon and I kept thinking Louis Hayward was a ringer for young Orson Welles. I had no luck finding a head-shot of Louis Hayward in costume to match with Orson. One of these days..

Somewhere in this thread you'll find a picture of Hayward and Welles - I remember posting it quite some time ago because I noted the resemblance as well.

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=Kid_Dabb wrote:}{quote}

>

> > I was watching Fortunes of Captain Blood (1950) and Captain Pirate (1952) this afternoon and I kept thinking Louis Hayward was a ringer for young Orson Welles. I had no luck finding a head-shot of Louis Hayward in costume to match with Orson. One of these days..

>

> Somewhere in this thread you'll find a picture of Hayward and Welles - I remember posting it quite some time ago because I noted the resemblance as well.

*Got it!* Thanks, scsu. I was hoping to get them tanned, smiling and moustached. It was Hayward's smiling, sideways glances that most resembled Welles (IMO).

But these will do! ;)

From July 25, 2008

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> Louis Hayward and Orson Welles:

>

> louis-hayward-1938_3X4.jpgorson-welles-1938.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how to find pictures much less post them but...watching "The Body Snatcher" tonight brought to mind a couple lookalikes. There were shots of Boris Karloff that reminded me of Abe Vigoda. Also, Edith Atwater, who played Meg Camden, reminded me of Glenn Close. Anyone else see this?

> {quote:title=unclecharlie wrote:}{quote}

> I'm not sure how to find pictures much less post them but...watching "The Body Snatcher" tonight brought to mind a couple lookalikes. There were shots of Boris Karloff that reminded me of Abe Vigoda.

Interesting. Here they are:

2212_1075822648.jpgabe-vigoda-1.jpg