Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

> Fine, but who might Bruce McGill be? I notice a badge. Is he your local sheriff?

The reason for the badge is he portrays the senior detective on the hit cable show *Rizzoli and Isles* starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=rachelreillybig+brother&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&rls=p,com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GWYA_en&tbm=isch&tbnid=AKWuu_QxaFozdM:&imgrefurl=http://www.rickey.org/rachel-reilly-peeing-live-on-big-brother-13-audio/&docid=Py0EclLlkj36hM&w=600&h=464&ei=UxpQToCoK4vrgQfa-diQBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=202&vpy=135&dur=109&hovh=197&hovw=255&tx=163&ty=117&page=1&tbnh=113&tbnw=121&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0&biw=1024&bih=533

this is her, she is loud and annoying.

> {quote:title=BunnyR wrote:}{quote}...

> this is her, she is loud and annoying.

Bunny, one observation and one question to follow...

First: Sorry, but I'm not seein' Joan Crawford in this Rachel chick...errr, I mean in this young lady.

Secondly: Aren't just about ALL those people who want their 15 minutes of fame by appearing on those so-called "Reality Programs" today "loud and annoying"?

(...ya see I'm only asking this because the only time I ever catch those types of shows are as I'm surfing past them and on to maybe TCM or maybe The History Channel or maybe a few of the funnier sitcoms such as "The Big Bang Theory" or maybe a few of the decent Dramas still on television...and so it seems to me that that's pretty much the standard behavior of those folks on those "Reality Programs", and so because I always figure that I won't learn anything from those people or even be entertained by them, I've only ever caught a glimpse of 'em...am I wrong here?)

I'll admit that David looks like Fred Gwynne, especially the shot you posted, but I still think Anne looks way more like David than Russell. Look at the chins - Russell and Anne's are barely similar, but Anne and David's are practically identical.

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}After a while, they all begin to look alike.

Yes, very true, finance. In fact, scientists working at the Turner Classic Movies Institute have recently coined a word for this very phenomenon.....

"The Oompa Loompa Effect"

oompa_loompa.jpg

(...and It seems those who fall under this "effect" in an acute manner, eventually come to believe John Wayne looked just like Wayne Newton, who in turn looks just like Olivia Newton John, who in turn looks like John Wayne again...it can become SUCH a vicious cycle, ya see!)

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}In the "Twilight Zone" episode, 'In the Eye of the Beholder", they all pretty much looked alike, too.

Not a bad analogy here, finance. However, I think instead of that episode with Elly May (Donna Douglas), I think a slightly better analogy could be drawn here with the TZ episode titled, "Number Twelve Looks Just Like You". You remember, the one starring Collin Wilcox, Richard Long, Pamela Austin, and one of THE most beautiful women ever to grace this planet, Suzy Parker.

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}Keep in simpler----How about Kelsey Grammar and David Hyde-Pierce? That's why they were cast as brothers..

Good point finance, but I was attempting to go a little "off-script" here with the Andrew Duggan comparison.

(...btw, the Duggan thing came to me while watching him last night in that small role he had in *Seven Days in May )*

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}...the big tall soldier who just disappeared.

Yep. Duggan played Col. Mutt Henderson, the officer who helped Edmond O'Brien(Senator Ray Clark) escape from that El Paso Army Base, and who like Kirk Douglas' Col. Jiggs Casey, wasn't in on that whole "ECOMCON" conspiracy.

Speaking of which, there might be a plot hole right there in Rod Serling's script. Why wouldn't Jiggs, otherwise the closest confidant to Lancaster's Gen. Scott, be in on the whole thing?

(...still a great movie however...I always enjoy watching the verbal sparring in the Oval Office between Lancaster and Fredric March's President Lyman)

Edited by: Dargo on Aug 26, 2011 11:49 AM

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}Well, Mutt seemed reliable, but no rocket scientist.

Good point again. However, as I recall, Mr. Duggan pretty much portrayed that sort in just about everything he was ever in.

As you might recall, he was quite the regular guest star in many a television Western(especially) back in the '60s, and yep, pretty much played those rather "slow on the ol' uptake" kind of characters there, too.

Reminds me of the opening credits of The Women. :) I'll take a nibble at the bait (some of these may be a wee bit subjective, shall we say ;) ):

*Simone Simon*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqIOZo889Xov7Cu2yCDIjimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2nvs3UCbnCgvQeGUxjxa

*Lauren Bacall*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNQTVXQ_EADKkfoQ48kNcimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqzGuAKkjX_rOEJkGbJ_S

*Janet Leigh*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIz1TO7fYDJR6W19SUDh0images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6fmCdhcbDAlqfz7rW270

*Lionel Atwill*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCpkKWvbjjbIytJaNyNpLimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHR3lMzRITcwRokPc8ZcY

and . . .

*Charles Coburn*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYVktQiKQfZLu8sFGrj-Iimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuovJ86OTWEHwtQCTvBMy

I don't mean any of this to be derogatory - I'm fond of all these performers! :)