Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Marla Maples was in seven movies including Executive Decision

and Loving Annabell, she has also acted on eleven TV movies and shows

and thank you - I think they look like brother and sister(if you look close

at the eyes and the smile) now one more GRETA GARBO and ROMILDA VILLANI...

(please)

With all the hype over Audrey these days, I have always felt Jean Simmons to be just as beautiful and elegant. Maybe a little more sexy & womanly beautiful and less boy-like than Audrey. Go ahead & flame me, I'm used to my opinions being unpopular.

halsman-philippe-audrey-hepburn-2107407.jpg

JeanS26.jpg

And I've always thought Gina Davis had the same appeal as Gene Tierney. (sadly, scant few pics of Gina out there...she's really dropped out of acting. "Sex sites" have pics of her in undies from Tootsie, sad)

at_davisg_04_iv.jpg

Gene-Tierney-Photograph-C10102191.jpeg

And please don't compare talentless homely Tom Hanks to gorgeous hunko William Holden. Painful.

>With all the hype over Audrey these days, I have always felt Jean Simmons to be just as beautiful and elegant. Maybe a little more sexy & womanly beautiful and less boy-like than Audrey. Go ahead & flame me, I'm used to my opinions being unpopular.

No argument from me ... Ms. Simmons is much more attractive than Ms. Hepburn. Thanks for the photos.

>And please don't compare talentless homely Tom Hanks to gorgeous hunko William Holden.

I didn't post those photos, although this thread is open to everyone.

Tikisoo: "With all the hype over Audrey these days, I have always felt Jean Simmons to be just as beautiful and elegant. Maybe a little more sexy & womanly beautiful and less boy-like than Audrey. Go ahead & flame me, I'm used to my opinions being unpopular."

I'll light no fire to the flame, bro'. Jean Simmons was absolutely sexier...and one of the screen's great beauties. (Check her out in "Spartacus." Wasn't she ravishing??) 'Guess it's just that Simmons didn' t have the box office hits that Audrey had. Simmons' beauty rivals contemporary Elizabeth Taylor.

And unpopular opinions are fine as long as you're not seeking negative attention by being unpopular. Now that's something I've notice on our beloved board.

William Holden in Golden Boy looks scarily like Tom Hanks.

I've always considered Jean Simmons to be a great beauty and I've always loved her acting. I've never understood why, although I think she was a big star, she wasn't even bigger. Audrey and Jean were born in the same year, though I think Jean's career took off a little earlier. There are roles both of them could have played. For some reason, Audrey always got them. I think Audrey was a beautiful, elegant woman but no more so than Jean, and I think Jean had a wider range as an actress.

Who knows why this sort of thing happens.

"Who knows why this sort of thing happens."

You're right Chandler...how do we measure why this person and not that one. This is why show business is sort of like cotton candy. Reasons and logic melt in thin air. Jean Simmons, especially in "Spartacus" was as beautiful as Vivien Leigh, Hedy Lamarr, Elizabeth Taylor or Audrey Hepburn. (Funny in "The Grass is Greener" too).

> And unpopular opinions are fine as long as you're not seeking negative attention

I just always get flamed by people whenever I state my opinion that Tom Hanks is a lousy actor. That is, from anyone except for those in "the industry" who have actually worked with him. Nice guy, just way overrated as an actor.

I felt the same way about uber popular Kevin Costner a decade ago. The rest of the world has caught up to me on that one.

Is it any wonder I'm glued to TCM? Movies were a vastly different medium a scant 30 years ago. But funnily enough, (re Davis/Tierney) stars beauty is timeless!