Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A very young Rod Cameron was in one of the TCM movies this week; I'm thinking *City for Conquest.* It was one of those "who knew" moments.

I'm glad somebody besides me knows who Don Megowan was. I'll never understand why he didn't make at least the B list as he was handsome and convincing. Of course if he had Clint Walker wouldn't have had somebody as tall as he was to co-star with on all those *Cheyenne* episodes they made together. Watch *A Lawless Street*+ and see how good he was.

As for Lane Smith-you could always count on him for a great performance as well. He also resembled another good character actor,J. G. Spradlin, the Nevada senator of *Godfather II.*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow! Here's one I never really noticed before until I saw him included in mongo's "Candid 2" thread today....

Birthday boy(Oct 25th), Billy Barty:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVpqKdX_V39wieUPqzB4m

.AND...

Are ya READY?!...

.Believe it or NOT...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdSrV1E9QaAYsMTIGm0o8

JOHN WAYNE!!!

(...yep, there's the..ahem.."long and short of it", alright!)

Edited by: Dargo2 on Oct 25, 2012 6:39 PM

• 3 weeks later...

One of these people can launch your mortal remains into low earth orbit, and the other will blow the top right off your popcorn popper. Tune in for [The Loved One|http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/3032/Loved-One-The/] and find out who is who.

news_hall_of_fame_photo.jpg

The.Loved+One.1965.DVDRip.XViD-CG.avi_sn

Edited by: PhygLeGuy on Nov 17, 2012 9:55 AM

George C. Scott

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQjm0XRvxV_v38uxrhRJy

And while I realize he's a musician, not an actor...

Steely Dan's Donald Fagen

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSlj13_aFc56eETIEohKU

I mean, can't you just imagine Donald here saying the line: "Mister President, we can NOT afford a 'Mineshaft Gap'!"

(...though ironcally or maybe coincidentally, Mr. Fagen DID write the song "New Frontier"...

...which kinda sorta carries the same theme with these two young people in the video dancing around in an early '60s back yard nuclear bomb shelter)

Well Miles, evidently SOME people STILL think that look is popular....

christina_aguilera_1116761.jpg

(...though personally I think Christina Aguliera here looks ridiculous, and I wish she'd go back to bein' her natural brunette self again...'cause as I hope everybody knows, brunettes are ALWAYS much more hot and sultry lookin' than blondes are...especially FAKE blondes...and ESPECIALLY fake blondes with THAT unnatural hair color...YUCK!!!)

;)

I think this article could be called "These Kids Were Not Adopted!". Check it out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1218104/Splitting-heirs-Photo-matches-celebrities-offspring-prove-end-looking-like-parents.html

A few other celebrity kids that look like their parent might include the following:

james-mitchum-1-sized.jpg

James Mitchum

3940084.jpg

His dad, Bob

MV5BNTE4NDI4ODMxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTc2

Robert Walker Jr. above and his dad below

robert-walker-1.jpg

Yep Miles, those fathers and sons definitely look a lot alike, alright. And maybe add Kirk and Michael you-know-who, also.

Funny you should bring this up. Just the other day I was thinking to myself that it seems(at least to me anyway) that the offspring of stars who go into acting are seldom as attractive as their parents.

If that is generally true, I wonder why that is?

Edited by: Dargo2 on Nov 18, 2012 1:08 AM

I call Shameless actor Jeremy Allen White "Mini Mitchum" because he looks like a mini version of Robert Mitchum. Does anyone know if there's a familial connection to Robert Mitchum and Jeremy Allen White? Because there's definitely a physical resemblance and their acting style is eerily similar.

jeremy-allen-white-shameless.jpg

robert-mitchum-photo.jpg?w=600&h=744

• 1 month later...