Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• 1 month later...

Wow, just realized this thread is a little over 7 years old, and yet many posters still enjoy it and take part it in. Thanks to everyone for contributing!

Thanks for bringing this back.  I couldn't find it when I was looking for it the other day.

I know he is a tad too old now, but anyone else see a resemblance between Beau Bridges and Jeb Jeb Jeb Bush?

I like 'Jeb.'  It sounds like a hog call.  Apologies to any Jebs out there.

I know he is a tad too old now, but anyone else see a resemblance between Beau Bridges and Jeb Jeb Jeb Bush?

Good call, Bogie. Yep, now that you mention it, I also see some resemblance between these two.

(...btw, and speaking of a Bridges...I shuttled a guy down to the PHX airport the other day who's name was "Mike Nelson", and as I grabbed his suitcase to stow it in the back of the van, I asked him why he wasn't taking his scuba gear with him too...catching the reference, the guy chuckled and said it had been many many years since anyone had kidded him about having the same name as the character Lloyd had played on "Sea Hunt")

Good call, Bogie. Yep, now that you mention it, I also see some resemblance between these two.

(...btw, and speaking of a Bridges...I shuttled a guy down to the PHX airport the other day who's name was "Mike Nelson", and as I grabbed his suitcase to stow it in the back of the van, I asked him why he wasn't taking his scuba gear with him too...catching the reference, the guy chuckled and said it had been many many years since anyone had kidded him about having the same name as the character Lloyd had played on "Sea Hunt")

Sea Hunt!  I loved that show.  My cousin and I used to imitate Mike Nelson and go over the side of a boat backward holding onto our swimming masks.

• Like 1

Shepperd Strudwick                                     Joseph Cotten

2jg08yt.jpg

I'll admit that until now, I never knew Mr. Strudwick by name.  I've seen him often and for years in movies(and on some of either of my wives' soaps).  But, I don't share the thought that he and Mr. Cotten have that close a resemblance.  However.....

There IS another actor that I've often confused Mr. Strudwick with, but sadly, I don't know HIS name either!  :huh:

I'll admit that until now, I never knew Mr. Strudwick by name.  I've seen him often and for years in movies(and on some of either of my wives' soaps).  But, I don't share the thought that he and Mr. Cotten have that close a resemblance.  However.....

There IS another actor that I've often confused Mr. Strudwick with, but sadly, I don't know HIS name either!  :huh:

John Ireland,  maybe?    Sorry, I can't post a picture but just a wild guess of someone that has a similar profile to those two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've always thought Tom Ewell and Henry Jones looked a lot alike.

Might not be so much in their actual features but they always got almost the same type parts.

Great call on Strudwick and Cotten!

Diana Dors and Jayne Mansfield comes to mind also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Steven Colbert.....

colbert.jpg

...looks like Edward Herrmann when he was young

Edward%2BHerrmann%2B2.jpg

Here ya go, ham. The following pic of Ed when he WAS actually young here might go a little further in supporting your supposition here... ;)

Edward-Herrmann-mash.jpg

Here ya go, ham. The following pic of Ed when he WAS actually young here might go a little further in supporting your supposition here... ;)

Edward-Herrmann-mash.jpg

I saw the ad for the "Late Show" on CBS with Steven Colbert today, he had such a striking resemblance to Edward.  Couldn't find that one in Google images.

2gladys.jpg

The two actors who played Gladys Kravitz on BEWITCHED didn't look at all alike.

Well, for that matter Holden, I never thought Sergeant York..errr, I mean..Dick Sargent and Dick York looked that much alike either. ;)