Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What kind of Halloween programming does TCM do?

shockeddaddyzero

Hey, October is one of the things I look forward to on TCM! I end up taping most of their programming, so I can tell you some of the movies that have been shown the past couple years. Throughout the entire month various horror films are shown, so there are too many to remember! Last year they did Hammer films on Sundays during October. On Halloween they had an evening of Frankenstein. Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Son of Frankenstein, Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed! Halloween 2002 was the stills restoration of London After Midnight, Mark of the Vampire, Vampyr, and Nosferatu. Halloween 2001 was Vampyr, Nosferatu, The Fearless Vampire Killers, House of Dark Shadows, and The Vampire. Of course this isn't the complete list. That's just what I had on tape and could tell you was shown. I have a stack of tapes I just finished going through last month that were recorded off of TCM during October. As for this year I have no idea what the schedule is. I don't even allow myself to look at the schedule until October is right around the corner, because I am obsessed with horror films and get so excited and can hardly wait lol.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Have you checked out the schedule for October? I'm hoping it really isn't complete because it doesn't look even close to as good as last year's. Is there any chance it might still change? I was hoping it would be like last year's cause AMC's stuff has gone downhill and all they care about is is modern junk.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I caught "Dracula" (1931) & "House of Dracula" (1945) on American Movie Classics last night as part of their Fear Friday theme. Last weekend they showed "The Mummy" (1932) & "The Invisible Man" (1933) back to back!!!

I didn't see any Universal classics on their schedule for this weekend, but in the weeks to come, "The Wolf Man" (1941), "Frankenstein" (1935), "Bride of Frankenstein" (1935), and "The Invisible Man Returns" (1940) are all scheduled to air on Friday nights/Saturday mornings.

On my list of things to do: contact AMC and let them know how much I appreciate the old Universal movies on Friday nights.

I've also seen the following Universal films on TCM in the past year:

"The Wolf Man" (last winter)

"The Black Cat" (part of salute to Edgar G. Ulmar)

"The Old, Dark House" (part of salute to "scare comedies")

"Bride of Frankenstein" (part of "Make Up in the Movies" tribute)

"Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein" (part of the April Fools' tribute)

Archived