Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who Would You Like to See Featured as Star of the Month?

• 1 month later...

I like the Bendix suggestion. Let's hear it for the second banana charactor actors that add so much to the movies!

Thomas Mitchell (he's *everywhere* )

James Gleason

Robert Benchley (he wrote too!)

Dead End Kids

Ruth Gordon (including Adam's Rib & The Actress)

Bohemian,

Irene Dunn was SOTM just last December.

As for the Dead End Kids, I think Warners Bros is in the midst of restoring those films. Or is it the Bowery Boys or the East End Kids?

> {quote:title=sweetsmellofsuccess wrote:}{quote}

> I'm going to repeat Paul Newman from my original list since reports are that he doesn't have much longer to live. I hope there will be an extensive Star of the Month tribute with a long lineup of films.

My heart goes out to his friends and family. And of course we'll have to have a proper tribute on TCM.

• 2 months later...

After staying up all night on Veterans Day watching all of the movies on TCM, I realized how many great stars I was seeing for the first time, and movies about WWII and I really enjoyed watching them.

Joan Leslie - From Hollywood Canteen. I really enjoyed this movie, and it really looked like a fun place to go to meet all of the stars from that era.

Ed Wynn from Stage Door Canteen was hilarious, I believe the only movie I can remember him starring in was "Mary Poppins".

To name a few of my favorites

Nancy Kwan

William Holden

Dick Van Dyke

Tim Conway

Don Knotts

Charleton Heston

Ava Gardner

Sophia Loren

Abbott & Costello

The Three Stooges

sudable44 -

About your past question asking who was the SOTM for March 2008, it was a unique month in that TCM saluted "Acting Dynasties" in March. Every Thursday saluted acting families like the Fondas, the Redgraves, the Hustons, etc.

http://www.tcm.com/thismonth/article/?cid=191890

It's no wonder you were driving yourself crazy trying to remember who it was when it was actually many different "Stars".

Kyle In Hollywood

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...