Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Celluloid Kid's Upcoming DVD Thread

Here's your own thread!

Since you seem intent on taking over every thread you post on

why not confine your posts to just this one thread?

That way you can post all you want about *new* movies

and all the other irrelevant, tasteless info you bloat threads up with

and no one will care.

Like that's gonna happen. LOL

Hope my "LOL" didn't sound "forced" whatever that's supposed to mean.

Message was edited by: Snorky

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> There is a Horror thread for dvd releases in this forum.

now this is just getting dictatorial, even if you don't appreciate his posts on this forum, he has every right to go to another forum appropriate to the topic. why do some of you care so much about where and how people post? this is a public forum people, if you want to control the content so badly, start your own website or blog and try to get people to read that.

I think it is time I spoke up about this thread and issues raised. I thoguth I better do so since I was the one who got this whole DVD forum created by TCM.

First, I disagree with this thread being created because it is antagonizing towards one member. It is true that Celluloid Kid posts a lot of material, sometimes redundant, in the "Upcoming Releases" section, but at least he is posting it there where "Upcoming Releases" information belongs. And no matter the genre (horror, action, etc.), if it is upcoming it belongs in the "Upcoming Releases" thread. It should not be in the Horror thread or the Action Thread.

*The individual genre threads* (horror, action, etc.) are meant just for *reviews only* of DVDs you have seen.

Second, I did create a separate thread that asked Celluloid Kid to post his items within already established threads based on the topic (Upcoming Releases, etc.) for one reason: the section was carefully laid out and created to highlight DVD reviews by anyone who wants to post one. However, suddenly he was posting a lot of individual news topics that were getting placed in separate threads when they could have been placed under their topics. When the Upcoming Releases news (for example)is placed altogether in its own thread, it stops dozens of individual threads from messing up the order of this special forum. Also, with all the new in one thread, it is easier to find the info, rather than scouring through page after page of different threads trying to find one item. (Ever try to find something back you read a week ago in the General Discussions forum and you go through page after page of threads trying to find it?)

So, in a nutshell:

1. I am against this "Celluloid Kid's Upcoming DVD Threadthread" being created

because it is mean and petty.

2. Upcoming release info in any genre belongs in the "Upcoming Releases" thread.

3. I am strongly opposed to a whole lot of topic threads being created when they would fit in one of the established threads. As I said, I was the one who was instrumental in getting this whole DVD forum established and I would like to keep it organized.

filmlover

Heh heh, hey guys.

Filmlover - I agree with most of what you're saying on the surface

and it's helpful if you ignore his early history and behavior here.

He (and/ or) bio47 and others have started threads -

don't make me connect the dots for you (again) - about me in the past

so what goes around comes around.

I was making a statement here in response to the DVD forums being intentionally overrun!

I think I made my point.

At least I didn't put the thread title in bold. ; )

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

>1. I am against this "Celluloid Kid's Upcoming DVD Threadthread"

>being created because it is mean and petty.

I'm aware of how this thread appears.

We have a bit of history and although I think we're both on the same side I don't by now expect you to understand or agree with what I do here.

Don't expect me to care that much about your opinion.

I guess asking for drama free forums is out of the question LOL

ive seen Cell Kids stuff and hes all over the place. He posts what others have posted such as the George Carlin RIP thread for a recent example..

i dont know him or her personally but i just ignore most and go about my business ala what Film Fatale has done but I havent Ignored him because we havent crossed paths..

Thats all I have to say about that :)

Snorky says: We have a bit of history and although I think we're both on the same side I don't expect you to understand or agree with what I do here.

Don't expect me to care that much about your opinion.

Snorky, in the past you have thanked me for letting you know when you go over the line in pursuit of somebody, and that was what I was doing here. And sometimes in the past you have gone way over the edge with long, long theories of who is who. I look in on the the General Discussions forum to read what is going on occasionally but not that often. I've even looked the other way on occasion here, but I do notice when you reappear in some forum I am reading, it is usually to go after someone and to start antagonizing threads. For what purpose? I don't want to see the DVD forum get disrupted like the others have. The Classic Film DVD Reviews forum is a news and review area about DVDs (and Blu-ray) and that's it; it is not a personality-expressing forum.

>Snorky, in the past you have thanked me for letting you know when

>you go over the line in pursuit of somebody, and that was what I was doing here.

Hmm, yeah, wasn't that by PM?

And that was a LONG time ago.

I don't second guess myself now.

There are other reasons it's not a valid comparison but let's just leave it at that.

It's gotten past the point of PMs. I don't have as much time to post as I used to, but I do watch over this forum since I helped bring it about, and I felt this needed saying here in this thread since I thought it was a bad idea and it should be closed.

You people are funny and a blast! I hope your as this nasty to your "OWN" friends and family!

For your info I never posted a George Carlin RIP thread...I made a comment ...but I never started the thread...Film_Fatale did! LOL!

> {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}

> Snorky, in the past you have thanked me for letting you know when you go over the line in pursuit of somebody, and that was what I was doing here. And sometimes in the past you have gone way over the edge with long, long theories of who is who. I look in on the the General Discussions forum to read what is going on occasionally but not that often. I've even looked the other way on occasion here, but I do notice when you reappear in some forum I am reading, it is usually to go after someone and to start antagonizing threads. For what purpose? I don't want to see the DVD forum get disrupted like the others have. The Classic Film DVD Reviews forum is a news and review area about DVDs (and Blu-ray) and that's it; it is not a personality-expressing forum.

I was a little hasty.

After reading this more closely your opinion means nothing to me.