Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
VintageBlonde

Ginger Rogers

Oooh! I LOVE Miss Ginger!

I don't even know how MANY of her films I have seen!

I think my fave would have to be *"Once Upon A Honeymoon"* , but I also adore her pairings with Fred. And I love her early musicals. And *"The Major And The Minor"* was too, too funny! Also, I loved *"Roxie Hart"* She was excellent at drama, but genius at comedy!

Sadly all my library carries anymore of her are: The Fred musicals, the Busby Berkley's, *"The Major And The Minor"* , *"Stage Door"* , and *"Monkey Business"* hardly a full collection...considering what they used to have!

I will have to say when I watched both *"Gold Diggers..."* and *"42nd Street"* I lived for Ginger's parts. Compared to her everyone else was BORING!

Astaire1.gif

-ILRM

*P.S. What did you think of "Kitty Foyle"* ?

Welcome GingerRogersFan! I'm a huge GR fan and have been since my Grandma recommended that I check her out! I love her in any and everything she does! Pure Magic! Bachelor Mother is one of my recent faves, love her speaking her version of Swedish! I saw Vivacious Lady for the first time earlier this year and have watched it countless times! I love the girlfight scene on the patio!

> {quote:title=ILoveRayMilland wrote:}{quote}

> Oooh! I LOVE Miss Ginger!

>

> I don't even know how MANY of her films I have seen!

>

> I think my fave would have to be *"Once Upon A Honeymoon"* , but I also adore her pairings with Fred. And I love her early musicals. And *"The Major And The Minor"* was too, too funny! Also, I loved *"Roxie Hart"* She was excellent at drama, but genius at comedy!

>

Once Upon A Honeymoon is a great movie! Ginger had such great chemistry with Cary Grant. The Major And The Minor is SUCH a funny movie! I love it. Roxie Hart is really good, too. ALL of Ginger's films are good. Heehee. :) Her movies with Fred are brillant. Ginger could play any genre wonderfully. She was THAT amazing!

> Sadly all my library carries anymore of her are: The Fred musicals, the Busby Berkley's, *"The Major And The Minor"* , *"Stage Door"* , and *"Monkey Business"* hardly a full collection...considering what they used to have!

>

Oh you must try and see Monkey Business if you haven't yet. That one is amazing. It's so so funny!

> I will have to say when I watched both *"Gold Diggers..."* and *"42nd Street"* I lived for Ginger's parts. Compared to her everyone else was BORING!

>

I like Gold Diggers of 1933 and 42nd Street. But I admit I probably wouldn't have watched them if Ginger hadn't benn in them.

> Astaire1.gif

>

> -ILRM

>

> *P.S. What did you think of "Kitty Foyle"* ?

I really like Kitty Foyle. Ginger certainly deserved her Best Actress Oscar for that picture. She clearly earned it. The part was perfect for her. I think the movie has all the right elements in it to make a great movie-- drama, romance, and a touch of comedy. Plus a great cast and director. I'd recommend it.

-GRF

*Nikkymo* -- Thank you for the welcome! Your Grandmother must have great taste in movies, since she recommened Ginger to you. :) You're so right, Ginger is magic! That scene in Vivacious Lady is sooooo funny! You don't want to mess with Ginger! LOL!

-GRF

Message was edited by: GingerRogersFan

> {quote:title=GingerRogersFan wrote:}{quote}

>Ginger could play any genre wonderfully. She was THAT amazing!

Absolutely agreed!

> Oh you must try and see Monkey Business if you haven't yet. That one is amazing. It's so so funny!

I have seen it. Admittedly Cary is the star, his performance naturally takes center stage. But, Ginger was the next best! Even though she had a relatively small part. It's funny seeing this after "OUAH". In that Ginger totally steals the show, so this was Cary's way of getting back...LOL!

> I like Gold Diggers of 1933 and 42nd Street. But I admit I probably wouldn't have watched them if Ginger hadn't benn in them.

Same actually with me. She was the reason I watched it.

> > Astaire1.gif

> >

> > -ILRM

> >

> > *P.S. What did you think of "Kitty Foyle"* ?

>

> I really like Kitty Foyle. Ginger certainly deserved her Best Actress Oscar for that picture. She clearly earned it. The part was perfect for her. I think the movie has all the right elements in it to make a great movie-- drama, romance, and a touch of comedy. Plus a great cast and director. I'd recommend it.

Hmm? I saw it a couple of years ago (when my library still carried VHS). She totally deserved an Oscar! But, I'm a little hesitant as naming that as the truly deserving one. She made so many films better than this one! It seemed a little melodramatic and in the hands of anyone but Ginger it would have turned out crazy, sappy. But, she pulled it off, so I guess that means she deserved the Oscar! (She totally was the best that year.) Dennis Morgan has never been a favorite! My mom saw the movie and blamed Ginger for leaving Dennis. I blamed Dennis as being a wimpo...LOL!

P.S. Gotta love the pic of Ginger in the fuzzy, white bikini top...LOL!

Oh you're very welcome GingerRogersFan! My Grandma did have really great taste in movies and so did Great-Grandma! They are without a doubt the reason I love the classics! My Mom is has excellent taste and still recommends some to me but she says I'm passing her now because I watch so many!

Ginger is one of the my few fave stars that if she's in a movie you can put money on it I'm going to, love it in most cases, or at the very least like it, a lot! Yes and you must see Monkey Business!

I saw the funniest Ginger Rogers role to date!!

Over the past several months I have been on this "Film Noir" kick, and well I rented this film called: _Black Widow_ (1954). (Think of it as _All About Eve_ with murder.!)

The film also stars, Van Heflin, Gene Tierney , George Raft, Peggy Ann Garner.

Ginger Rogers plays a selfish, snide Broadway superstar! & boy, does she run with the role! Who knew Ginger could play such a bitchy role, & do it with such high camp to!

51nsnFIHdRL.jpg

I always enjoyed Ginger Rogers in her films with Fred Astaire along with a few of the Warner Bros. musicals she made in the 1930's. But I really grew to enjoy her even more after watching a few of her other films. Last night I watched "Kitty Foyle" and "Bachelor Mother" and loved both of them. She certainly deserved the Oscar for her performance in "Kitty Foyle". She was multi talented: she could dance, sing, play comedy and play drama. Very few actresses have that range of talent. I really don't think she gets the credit she deserves.