Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There was an earlier thread asking a similar question about two weeks ago. It is probably buried 17 pages of discussion questions back... ?

To answer your question, I have been posting my weekly badge to my LinkedIn profile. I also downloaded all of them as images and probably will add them to my resume to reflect continued growth in the areas of my personal interests. If you don’t have a LinkedIn account, no problem! You could share them via your social media account (if you have one), if you wanted your friends to know what you’ve accomplished. 

The digital badges are fun, but the certificate is what we’ve been working towards this month! Hope this info helps!

• Like 3

Thanks for helping understand what to do with the badges. I saved them for just in case. I like your ideas "crysalong".

Curious about week 4 badge also. Are we not getting one because we get the completion certificate? Will keep watching this thread for a response. 

I think it's some sort of glitch. I had to keep refreshing the link. I eventually clicked on the, BADGES choice in the list where the Modules are (not the link in the text of the Module), where options such as, TCM forum, Quizzes, etc are listed. That brought me to a different page that listed the same options but looked different but eventually (it took some persistence) I was able to click on the Week 4 badge listed last after Weeks 1, 2, 3 and bring it up on its own page to post or print. But honestly, it took a lot of effort. I'm just one of those types who despise letting the computer win. It might be better to wait till they work it out. It should be reported bc I never recall any problems with badges before.Hope that helps.

50 minutes ago, CynthiaV said:

I think it's some sort of glitch. I had to keep refreshing the link. I eventually clicked on the, BADGES choice in the list where the Modules are (not the link in the text of the Module), where options such as, TCM forum, Quizzes, etc are listed. That brought me to a different page that listed the same options but looked different but eventually (it took some persistence) I was able to click on the Week 4 badge listed last after Weeks 1, 2, 3 and bring it up on its own page to post or print. But honestly, it took a lot of effort. I'm just one of thise types who despise letting the computer win. It might be better to wait till they work it out. It should be reported bc I never recall any problems with badges before.Hope that helps.

I finally got mine the same way.

• Like 1

I remember with the course on Slapstick, the page with the badge had a direct link allowing it to be posted on Facebook. I don't see anything like that in this course. It probably can be done easily enough, if you know how - but I don't. I needed an "idiot button" to be able to do it. When I posted my Slapstick badges, I got lots of questions about the course. I talked up and "advertised" the course more on that forum than by any other means. It would be smart for Canvas to return to making it really easy for idiots like me to post these badges.

2 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

I remember with the course on Slapstick, the page with the badge had a direct link allowing it to be posted on Facebook. I don't see anything like that in this course. It probably can be done easily enough, if you know how - but I don't. I needed an "idiot button" to be able to do it. When I posted my Slapstick badges, I got lots of questions about the course. I talked up and "advertised" the course more on that forum than by any other means. It would be smart for Canvas to return to making it really easy for idiots like me to post these badges.

When I open the Badges page as I outlined above I do see the "buttons" to post on FB, Twitter, etc. I'd take a ss and post it here but I need an, "Idiot button" to accomplish it...sorry