Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
crysalong

Final # of class participants?

This has been my first MOOC with TCM/Ball State. Once the course is completely finished, do they ever release the final number of students who completed the course? I’m asking because I find the entire MOOC process fascinating from an educator’s POV, and the metrics of how many signed up to participate versus how many actually completed the course interest me. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, crysalong said:

I find the entire MOOC process fascinating from an educator’s POV

Yes—one of the reasons I signed up (besides my love of musicals) was to experience the MOOC. I teach online and have enjoyed being on this side of the keyboard. I’d also like to know the numbers.

• Like 2

I don't know exact numbers but would also like to know them. Drs. Ament and Edwards did mention on the last podcast that this MOOC far exceeded all previous MOOC classes ever in number and retention. It's an historic number! Also, it was mentioned that 4,600 ppl (77% of the overall vote) did cast a vote for the winning Final Certificate design. Though that is only a part of the the students involved, 4600+ is an astounding number.

• Like 2