Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cary Grant pre-Codes

I just saw two Cary Grant pre-Codes today!! THIRTY DAY PRINCESS (with Sylvia Sydney) and KISS & MAKE UP (with Genevieve Tobin)! They were on the same disk from Universal, even though they were Paramounts. What a shock to find two Cary Grants available from Netflix--and pre-Codes to boot!

THIRTY DAY PRINCESS was a darling movie, and although KISS & MAKE UP was silly, it afforded the opportunity to see Genevieve Tobin.

Has anyone else seen these two movies?

Yes. they are both good. I like Sylvia Sidney. There are too few of her films available (because she was a Paramount contractee). The Carey Grant set that these discs come from is very good. There are two post code films with Carey Grant & Joan Bennett that are also part of this set that are lots of fun; BIG BROWN EYES (1936) and WEDDING PRESENT (1936).

I haven't seen these two, but I like Sidney a lot. I just got JENNIE GERHARDT last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. My favorite is LADIES OF THE BIG HOUSE, but I also like PICK-UP (w/Raft) and AN AMERICAN TRAGEDY (with Phillips Holmes).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

i enjoyed kiss and make-up also. wedding present is goofy and a lot of fun too.

i liked seeing him with mae west. it was fun to see her make him nervous. it really looked like it wasn't acting and he was truly nervous around her! ha ha

>>i enjoyed kiss and make-up also.

I haven't seen either *Kiss and Make-Up* or *Ladies Should Listen* since 1972. They ran on successive nights on WPIX in NYC and as they both also featured Edward Everett Horton, I'm a bit hazy on details.

But one of them had Horton singing a song titled "Corned Beef and Cabbage, I Love You" and I'd just love to see that scene again.