Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not sure who, if anyone, will be reading the forum, but this morning I had an idea that it would be nice to create a Facebook "alumni group" to keep the conversations going. Of course it would be open to anyone interested, not just those of us that took this course. Let me know what you think.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, BlueMoods said:

Not sure who, if anyone, will be reading the forum, but this morning I had an idea that it would be nice to create a Facebook "alumni group" to keep the conversations going. Of course it would be open to anyone interested, not just those of us that took this course. Let me know what you think.

I think that's a great idea!  I would join.  

35 minutes ago, BlueMoods said:

I'm still trying to catch up, and I am already planning to see movies that were inspired by this course, although not necessarily on the schedule of films or even musicals.

This musicals class is my fourth with Canvas/Ball State/TCM, and I return to the TCM discussion boards for the many conversations here. I hope to see you and all who are interested here!

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Languorous Lass said:

Message me your email address and/or Facebook name. I'll get it started today while I have some free time.

15 minutes ago, Languorous Lass said:

I wonder if it's okay to use the Mad About Musicals name or would that be copyright infringement? I was thinking about something like TCM Mad About Musicals Alumni or something along those lines.

15 minutes ago, BlueMoods said:

I wonder if it's okay to use the Mad About Musicals name or would that be copyright infringement? I was thinking about something like TCM Mad About Musicals Alumni or something along those lines.

You might want to use the "Contact Us" tab on this forum to ask someone.

Of course, there's always the old adage "it's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission."  :P

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Chuck V. said:

I don't think it's really necessary to create a facebook group. This forum will remain open. The forum for the first TCM class from 2015 is still open.

Is it still active? Halfway into the course I asked if the forum would be open after the course ended. Someone told me yes but that participation would drop significantly, like the way people promise to stay in touch after graduation but then rarely do. 

Anyway it was just a thought.

6 hours ago, BlueMoods said:

Is it still active? Halfway into the course I asked if the forum would be open after the course ended. Someone told me yes but that participation would drop significantly, like the way people promise to stay in touch after graduation but then rarely do.

True, it is not very active, but it is still usable. I suspect the problem of people falling out of touch is just as likely to occur with a facebook forum as this one, so why create a new one?

54 minutes ago, Chuck V. said:

True, it is not very active, but it is still usable. I suspect the problem of people falling out of touch is just as likely to occur with a facebook forum as this one, so why create a new one?

Because it's open to people who didn't take this course as well as alum. We actually had quite a few people join just in the last couple of hours, most of them from the class. Plus it's fun. :)