Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly?

Ahh, this is my kind of question!

Gene Kelly for sure. He just makes me melt... so gorgeous!!! I often dream of taking Leslie Caron's or Cyd Charisse's place in those lovely dance sequences. Fred is amazing as well, but Gene's my man.

Gene because it seems he would be more fun to dance with because of his fast paced movements and his more athletic build but i'm sure it would be nice and more romantic(in a way) to dance with Fred Astaire

Gene would probably want you to be a perfect partner though because I remember I had a dance teacher who told us she went to a $200 college workshop with Gene Kelly instructing them on dance(he was old at this time). She said the first thing he did was go around and tell those he thought didn't look thin enough to leave. Luckily she got to stay.

> {quote:title=LandLfan wrote:}{quote} I find Gene SO HOT!!! I wish he'd done a shirtless scene.

Well, I'm about to make you very happy... Gene does have ONE shirtless scene that I am aware of. It's in *The Three Musketeers(1948)*. I nearly fainted on the spot. He was quite the gorgeous man!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, that would depend on my mood. Gene just looks like he is having such a good time. I think I could just go wild with him. Whereas, Fred has such a graceful, elegant presence. I think if I wanted a dancing fling, it would be Gene. But if I wanted a dancing romance, it would have to be Fred!