Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ShanStinson

Millennials and Musicals

I'm getting caught up from late week assignments and have to say, Prof Ament hit it on the head with millennials, the Disney connection, and musicals. I absolutely am one of those folks who grew up on Disney and love Moulin Rouge (saw it on Broadway also), enjoyed La La Land, and some of the others referenced. 

• Like 2

29 year old here. This is one of the instances I think it would have been good to have a Millennial  represented. I watched musicals as a child whether with my (Boomer) parents or at school. So I have always been aware of musicals and liked them. And of course I grew up with the Disney movies. I remember being a little kid and my mom just putting on a VHS The Little Mermaid or The Wizard of Oz while she did other things so I could be entertained. So I think Dr Ament is right that Millennial and younger even have always been exposed to them and because they have been so integral in put childhoods, it is natural creatives and directors of that generation would be interested in them. I remember a lot of excitement when Chicago, Dreamgirls, and Hairspray came out. I was in high school and remember people of all ages being in the theater.