Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
metz44

10 clues to movie

Excellent- Phroso! - It's interesting that metz asked if it was Hitchcock. *A Kiss Before Dying* preceeded *Psycho* and yet there are some comparisions that can be made. Great work, it's all yours.

Thanks, Lavender. In the 1991 remake of A KISS BEFORE DYING, Sean Young watches VERTIGO on TV, which only enhances the "if only" factor with regard to Hitchcock handling this material.

NEXT:

1.) Begins with a street race.

I hate to interrupt your clues, but since you mentioned Vertigo- think about Joanne Woodward pushed off that tall building by Robert Wagner- another reference to Hitchcock. You are right on about the remake.

Not silly at all, Audrey. In fact, the actual answer is probably sillier than your guess.

2.) One of the cars goes off of a bridge.

HERBIE RIDES AGAIN is TOO silly.

3.) The car is submerged, and all three of the passengers are feared dead.

4.) But one of the passengers emerges from the river, wet but unscathed.

5.) The passenger gets a job as a church organist, and moves into a boarding house.

Hi Phroso,

That should be Carnival of Souls, which I think was the last "B" horror movie I ever watched. I was a kid and I remember it really scared me. I've forgotten most of the details, but I remembered the beginning of the movie.

CARNIVAL OF SOULS, filmed mostly in Lawrence, KS, is the correct answer. Last summer, I went on a short road trip to Lawrence and saw the church where Candance Hilligoss's character played the organ. It gave me the creeps. Nice work, peter warne. You've knocked down the Walls of Jericho and you now control the board.

Thanks phroso

1. In the first scenes of this "B" movie, the top-billed leading lady is a stowaway on a ship.

Hi, Frank,

Good guess, great flick, wrong answer. Here's the next clue:

2. Later on in the movie, our heroine ends up in a "School for Genteel Young Ladies"

1. In the first scenes of this "B" movie, the top-billed leading lady is a stowaway on a ship.

Is it "Buccaneer's Girl" with Yvonne De Carlo? If that is correct then I leave the thread open to anyone who wants to jump in. I will be away all day on Easter Sunday.

I'll try one, Lavender, although I _would_ like to know the answer if that last poster returns.

*1.* Western. A man tries to shoot another; he is killed by his selected victim, who is using only a knife. (62, 253)