Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
metz44

10 clues to movie

*3.* Indoor scene. So it isn't Coburn Vs. Wilke in *The Magnificent Seven*

*4.* This is in a town where a strong lawman enforces a "check your weapons" rule. So it is not James Cann vs a bit player in *El Dorado*. The shooter in this confrontation shows up with a derringer, concealed in his boot.

*5.* The knife man was a heavyweight star, and not only in Westerns. The derringer man was a sturdy support player who went on to eventually reach star status.

*6.*

The knife man had been forewarned (by the other big name in the cast) about the man with the derringer -- and that the weapon would be in his left boot.

*7.* The story told in this movie is fact-based, and has been told, filmed, many times. This was one of the early, and very popular, versions.

GUNFIGHT AT THE OK CORRAL? Kirk Douglas vs. Lee Van Cleef? Warned by Burt Lancaster?

Half of the 90 views were probably mine. Frankie Laine finally sealed the deal.

Next clue:

1.) A dystopic future.

Not PANIC, although . . .

2.) Film DOES begin with a catastrophic nuclear war.

Great guesses (this genre has more entries than I originally thought), but no correct answers yet.

3.) Title characters are played by performers better known for their TV work.

*The Ultimate Warrier* ??

*A Boy And His Dog* ??

*BTW:*

1. Does the war take up screen time, or is it all post - apocaplyse?

2. Are there mutants and/or mutations?

More good guesses, and one winning answer . . . A BOY AND HIS DOG, portrayed by Don "Miami Vice" Johnson and "The Brady Bunch"'s Tiger, (respectively.) Character actor L.Q. Jones, who directed A BOY AND HIS DOG, will be in my hometown this weekend to introduce a screening of this film and to reassure people that, at age 83, he is still alive and well. Good job, cmvgor. The thread is yours. . .

Thanks, phroso. BTW, I posed *Boy/Dog* on one of these threads oh, about a year ago. Went through all the clues I could come up with, finally gave up and retired the question. Turns out a user who knew the answer early on felt one shouldn't answer on these threads without being able to post another question immediately. I almost answered and then opened the thread in this case but then a fairly good one came to my attention:

*1.* Serial killer in a frontier town. Usually employs some form of strangulation.

*3.* The ruse comes out when it is noticed that the man with the Bible is holding it upside-down.