Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
rainingviolets21

By Any Other Name..

Alice Brady

The Standells Had A Hit With "Dirty Water", Which Is About The ________ River In The TV Series "I Remember Mama", Dick Van Patten Played _______, Who Was Mama's __________ Don McLean Wrote "Them Good Ol' Boys Were Drinkin' Whiskey And _______, Singin' "This'll Be The Day That I Die" + Before Hollywood, The Motion Picture Capital Of America Was Probably Fort _______, New Jersey

Charles Nelson Reilly (very nice, Miles)

Nickname of Dennis Quaid?s character in *Any Given Sunday* ?When love comes in and takes you for a spin?.____ la-la, c?est magnifique,? from a Cole Porter tune featured in *Les Girls* Billie Burke line from *Merrily We Live*, ?my mother always old me that children should be _____ and not heard.?

Capucine

On "Laverne and Shirley", Penny Marshall's character always had this letter monogrammed on her sweaters Composer of "The Star Spangled Banner" Lovin' Spoonful hit "________ in the City."

Elke Sommer

Mr. Nessman Pinky, an inspiration for Pee Wee Ink Spots hit from 1939, ?If I Didn?t _____? + a John Sayles film that concerned an abandoned isle called _____ Inish

Leslie Caron

Host Of TV's "$64,000 Question" McLean Stevenson Had A TV Show Called "________, Larry" Alan Ladd Starred In "Two Years Before The ________" Betty Field Appeared In "Kings _______" New Wave Singer Who Had A Close Involvement With Linda Evans

Marcello Mastrioanni (tho Yanni is more of a New Ager than a New Wave type)

She created a stir in *Jules et Jim* (and many other films) one of the two key Beatles this corporation?s ?Telephone Hour? aired on TV from the late ?50s to the late ?60s and was one of the first to be telecast exclusively in color + This ?62 box office sensation, *_____ Cane* roughly translates in English to ?A Dog?s World?

Jean-Paul Belmondo - You are right about Yanni.

Author Of "My Antonia" Gloria Grahame Film "______ A Lonely Place" The Stage Version Of "Pal Joey" Featured The Song "In Our Little ______ Of Iniquity" + Hayley Mills Starred In "Twisted ______"

Catherine Deneuve, one of my favorites

?60s supermodel Shrimpton, who had a role in *Privilege* Hugh Grant in *Four Weddings and a Funeral*: ??I am, as ever, in bewildered _____ of anyone who makes this kind of commitment that Angus and Laura have made today. I know I couldn't do it and I think it's wonderful they can. So, back to Angus and those sheep? courtesan Montes, the subject of a Max Ophuls classic one of the acting Fonda?s, she?s married to Danny Elfman *To Kill ___ Mockingbird* aired on TCM the other night, one of the great films of Star of the Month, Gregory Peck

Gina Lollobrigida - Bravo, Eve. You've just set a record for the longest clues for the shortest words!

Eurasian Actress Once Married To Robert Culp Author Of "Bridehead Revisited" DeNiro Played A Priest In "________ Confessions" + Claire Forlani Played Verity In "Mr. _______"

Francois Truffaut (great clues)

Artist known for ?60?s work, he appeared in *Dynamite Chicken* Red Skelton often played this sort of person ? clumsy, not too bright, silly, loutish (from old English aelf, elf?) belonging to actress/model Macpherson

Max Ophuls - Thanks, Eve, your clues were great too.

After Garbo Jilted Him, John Gilbert Married Ina ________, Who Later Worked With Garbo Producer Who May Have Been Shot Aboard The Hearst Yacht Elissa Landi Was One Of The Stars Of "The Sign Of ______ ________" Old Song "_______ Rather Be Blue" He Played Monte In "Hell's Angels"

You may have to go way back with these clues!

Clarence the Cross-Eyed Lyon

Nick or Nora William ?Wee Willie? Davis role in *Ghost Catchers* an Anthony Mann noir with Claire Trevor, *____ Deal*

Charles McGraw

"________ Of Windy Poplars" Tab Hunter's Former Name Satchmo Sang "What _____ Wonderful World" He Wrote "Uptown Girl" He Was "The Six Million Dollar Man"

Are you going for Angelina Jolie (I?m not getting the Tab Hunter clue)? If so?

The family examined in O?Neill?s *Long Day?s Journey Into Night* + what Citizen Kane and other megalomaniacs seek

Tyrone Power - Yes, Tab Hunter's name was Arthur Gelien.

Singer Who Gave Us "Oh, Sweet Pea, C'mon And Dance With Me" Oscar Winning Actor In "Judgement At Nuremberg" Paul Newman and Patricia Neal Starred In "_________" + Bob Hope Shared A Bed With Trigger In "_______ Of Paleface"

(I didn?t dig deep enough on Tab, got only as far as ?Kelm ?)

Rochelle Hudson

Maude? Roy Hobbs? special bat came from one struck by lightning ?curly top? starred in *Stand up and ______!*

Arthur Treacher - Known for playing butlers and for being Merv Griffins sidekick.

In A TV Series, He Was The Emissary For John Beresford Tipton "The Other Side Of Midnight" Starred Marie-__________ Pisier Phil Phillips Had A Hit With "________ Of Love" + She Played Helen in "Deadline At Dawn"

Anthony Franciosa

(Hmmm, Miles?you must know that Marvin Miller was in *Deadline at Dawn* as well as ?The Millionaire??and you must know *Deadline* is on WB?s about-to-be-released Film Noir Classic Collection, Vol. 5?right?)

She was Vond-Ah in *Superman* (1978) he was ?Matt Houston? belonging to the man who created Maude Frickert

Shelley Winters

Eve, I have to plead guilty. When I looked at the cast list for "Deadline At Dawn" and saw the name Marvin Miller, I immediately thought of the TV series "The Millionaire", where he played Michael Anthony. And with Osa Massen also in the cast, well, the rest was easy.

Now here's someone that almost everyone on these boards is familiar with.

He Was TV's "Sugarfoot" He Played Oskar Schindler Randolph Scott Starred In "The ______ T" + Alec Guinness Was "Our _______ In Havana"

And for those of you who look at this thread but don't play, it can be as simple as the one I just posted. Just come up with a celebrity's name. think of sound-alike clues for each syllable, and give it a try. If you include a point of reference in your clues, you will avoid ambiguity, and hopefully, the respondents will be able to come up with the answer. What have you got to lose?

William Talman (I think may also have been looking at the cast list for *Armored Car Robbery*?in which Talman is positively reptilian)

Sensitive actor who may be best remembered for a classic early ?50s George Stevens film in the early ?70s, 7-up spoofed a famous Timothy Leary slogan with its own, ?Turn ___!? Edward G. Robinson and John Forsythe starred in *The Glass ____*

(This thread is open 24/7, everyone is welcome?)

Clifton Webb

Wee Bonnie Baker Had A Hit Song With "Oh __________, Oh" Julia Child Had A TV Show Called "The French ________" In "Dial 1119", The Role Of Freddy Was Played By Virginia ___________

Johnny Sheffield

Season during which the Smith family went to the World?s Fair of 1904 in St. Louis Joan?s sister Valerie ends up in debt because she can?t stop doing this?in *Double Harness* from a ?50s hit song, ?I loaded 16 ___s of number nine coal and the straw boss said ?Well, a-bless my soul??

(Miles - I see you?ve been perusing the titles on Warner?s Film Noir Classic Collection, Vol. 5 !?my review publishes tomorrow)

Spring Byington

The Eyes of Laura ___s expression of consent where Robert Wagner and Jill St. John live ____King what Katherine Hepburn as Tracy Lord in The Philadelphia Story calls the lovely sailboat

Sounds great, Eve! Where will it publish?

Maria Ouspenskaya

In the movie version of THE WIZ, Dorothy and the Cowardly Lion were both played by performers with this last name Burt Lancaster stars in Vietnam War drama _____ TELL THE SPARTANS The so-called "dead man's hand" in poker, is Aces and _________.

Roscoe Ates

Vic Morrow?s co-star on ?Combat!? Richard Burton starred in a biblical epic about this garment belonging to the man who won an Oscar for *Harry and Tonto* + While ?Sam? Baker was a sophomore in high school her heartthrob, Jake Ryan, was a _______