Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
rainingviolets21

By Any Other Name..

Sherree North

She Was Blanche In "The Golden Girls" Danielle Spencer's Role In "What's Happening?" Joan Van Ark's Role In "Knots Landing" + He Was Corporal Rusty In TV's "The Adventures Of Rin Tin Tin"

The answer was Rudy Vallee. I'm going to try and revive this thread. I hope you all will try it. It can be a lot of fun.

Old Song, "The ________ I See You" + "________", The Biggest Little City In The World" Is The Home Of The National Auto Museum Featuring The __________ Collection

OK, I'll try to help:

Maureen O'Hara

Patriarch of the Fonda screen acting family Spencer Tracy and Loretta Young star in Depression era romance A _______ CASTLE In BREAKING AWAY, Paul Dooley's character shuns any Italian food ending with these two syllables.

Henry Mancini

Maybe somebody will try this:

1950's Guy Mitchell Song " My Truly, Truly ______" Egyptian Sun God Robert Redford Was Big Halsy To Michael J. Pollard's Little __________ + The Addams Family's Cousin

Farrah Fawcett

Famous Lloyd Bentsen quip: "Senator, you're no ______ Kennedy." Actress who appeared in THE MAJOR AND THE MINOR and its remake, YOU'RE NEVER TOO YOUNG A running gag in Mary Poppins involves a man with a wooden leg named ________; the response is always, "What's the name of his other leg?"

Jaclyn Smith

"The Old Gray ________, She Ain't What She Used To Be" She Played Kim Lee In "Crash" Popeye Doyle Sometimes Asked Suspects "Did You Ever _________ Your Toes In Poughkeepsie?" + "Climb Every Mountain, __________ Every Stream"

Mary Pickford

First name of Cousteau or Clouseau Lina Lamont's diction lesson, "_____ Te Ti To Tu" "No, No Nanette" showstopper "______ for Two."

Edited by: phroso on Nov 15, 2010 8:38 AM

Jacques Tati

"___ is for the way you look at me" Frankincense and ____ Madeline Kahn's last name in "What's Up Doc?" + lyricist Oscar Hammer_____

Elmer Bernstein

Fictional astronaut who disconnected HAL Hit song by Cream "Strange ______" Former Yardbirds guitarist who collaborated with Rod Stewart on "People Get Ready."

Dave Brubeck

She Played Kim Lee In "Crash" He Played Hennessey In "Strangers On A Train" Line From A Song In "Show Boat", "And Yet To Be Upon His Knee, So Comfy And Roomy, Seems Natural _____ __________ "

Regis Toomey

Many people growl this syllable on annual "Talk like a pirate day" Jack Sprat's wife could not eat this 1950s talking mule who received more fanmail than his co-star Donald O'Connor

Arlene Francis

Mary Pickford And Shirley Temple Both Made Films Called "The Poor Little _______ Girl" Mr. Hatfield Hopalong Cassidy Worked At The "______-20 Ranch" Louise's Friend's Nickname Stan And Ollie In "Another Fine ______"

Arlene Francis

Mary Pickford And Shirley Temple Both Made Films Called "The Poor Little _______ Girl" Mr. Hatfield Hopalong Cassidy Worked At The "______-20 Ranch" Louise's Friend's Nickname Stan And Ollie In "Another Fine ______"

Just trying to revive this thread.

Richard Barthelmess

*The Howards of _________* + he rescued Fay Wray from King Kong (and sued his good friend Errol Flynn)

Virginia Bruce

John Gilbert Was Once Married To Ina ________ ________ A Dub-Dub Howard Hawks Directed "_________ Of The Pharaohs" + Pat Patton Was The One-time Partner Of ________ Tracy

Welcome back, Eve!

Clara Blandick

MGM mascot *___ Cid* starred Loren and Heston *Picnic ___ Hanging Rock*, a Peter Weir film + salt-of-the-earth humorist of vaudeville & film fame

Thanks, Miles

Lionel Atwill

Here's a great screenwriting team:

1. Bob Hope quote: "I don't gamble. I'll lay you 8 to 5 I never made a ___ in my life" a drink with jam and bread the ___ before the storm + Bible story Daniel in the Lion's ____

and the famous partner:

2. Harpo Marx's REAL name, before it was changed + Giuseppe Verdi's last name in English

Betty Comden

Big TV hit of the ?80s, ?The __ Team? he portrayed Rocky?s opponent in *Rocky IV* In a famous Joseph Losey film of the late 40s, Dean Stockwell played a boy whose hair turned this strange color

Adolph Greene, also the correct answer to the second half of lonesome polecat's question. :)

Brady Bunch sibling who also used pretentious alter ego name "Johnny Bravo." Body part alluded to in football player Lou Groza's nickname Howard Hawks epic mess _______ OF THE PHAROAHS

Cinematographer Gregg Toland

Edmund Gwenn appeared in "Sally And Saint ________" Carolyn Jones Disappears in "The Man In The _________" Music Group ________ Fighters French Film "Claire's _________" Yo Yo Ma Plays The _________

Annette Funicello

"The ___ in the White Suit" Frank Loesser tune "You're from Big ___" "___ and Mike" Peter Pan's nickname for his little tiny friend Hamlet quote: "A little more than ___ and less than kind"

Mandy Patinkin? If I'm right, I'm sorry that I don't have one of my own to continue with the game. Anyone want to do it for me?

Terrence.

I'll jump in.

He Was TV's "Sugarfoot" Dance Done By Fred And Ginger In "Carefree" Danielle Spencer's Role In TV's "What's Happening?" + Dean Jagger's Role In TV's "Mr. Novak"

If you know old TV shows, this should be easy.

William Devane

Last name of a cocktail-sipping pair with an adorable fox terrier she portrayed the lovely Ahme in the Beatles? *Help!* David to Ozzie