Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here's one that you boomers will know.

"Happiness Is A Thing Called _______" Mrs. Steve Lawrence "James ______ ________ Giant Peach" Biopic Of Gertrude Lawrence Disney Film "The __________ In The Forest" + Taylor and Burton Film "Divorce His, Divorce _______"

No, Gertrude was not married to Steve!

Joey Dee and the Starlighters!

Next:

Matthau costar of “A New Leaf” and “California Suite”, Elaine _______ Maya Angelou’s autobiographical movie, “I Know Why ______ Caged Bird Sings” Garfield film “________ of Evil” the Tin Man sings “I would ____ gentle and awful sentimental…” Hayward biopic. “______ a Song in My Heart” Astaire/Hayworth film “______ Were Never Lovelier” Niven/Sommer/Grahame 1979 film “A Nightingale Sang ____ Berkeley Square” Flora Robson/Patricia Roc 1944 film “_____ ______ Women” Peck/Jagger film “_______ O’Clock High”

May the Force Be with You in Two thousand twelve, You too.

The Invisible Man star___ Raines playwright, Clifford O___s singer Nat King _ ___foot__the Park song from Sweet charity Ten _ A Dance name for a female sheep '51 film Callaway _ That___.

Edited by: Edythevanhopper on Jan 2, 2012 9:27 PM

A little confusing, but I think it's *Claudette Colbert In "Since You Went Away"*.

A Slang Term For A Hotel Detective Is "The House ________" She Played Fred Astaire's Daughter In "Finian's Rainbow" "_______ The Angels Sing" The Song "Green,Green" Was A Hit For The ________ Christy Minstrels Fred Savage Starred In TV's "The Wonder _________" Jack Black Starred In "The School Of ________" Jed Clampett's Relatives Were Called His ______ + Barbara Stanwyck Played The Title Role In "The Lady _______"

I should have posted this a few days ago.

*Dick Clark's Rockin New Year's Eve*

*___ Jolson , ______ Astair, a nickname for getting married - the ed, another name for a rooster, one,___, three, another word for "nab", A, a shoplifter.*

*Give me some slack guys and gals this is my first attempt at this!*

*Alfred Hitchcock To Catch A Thief* - Not bad for a first attempt, stick. Just a word of advice, the originator of this thread separated the clues with a space, then a plus sign (+), and then another space. This makes it easier to follow the clues. Most of us have tried to follow this form. Now try this:

She Played Kim Lee In "Crash" He Played Hennessey In Hitchcock's "Strangers On A Train" A Line From The Song "Bill" in "Showboat" Is "And Yet To Be Upon His Knee, So Comfy And Roomy, Seems Natural _____ _____"

This one's got another Hitchcock clue. You may need do to a little research to solve this one!

Francois Truffaut Love On The Run - Very good, sixes.

In Song, Forty-Second Street Is "A Crazy Quilt That Wall Street ________ Built" The Gershwins Wrote "Although He May Not Be A Man Some Girls Think Of As Handsome, To My Heart He'll Carry The ________" "Then How The Reindeer Loved Him, As They Shouted Out With ________" In "Swing Time", Ginger Sang To Fred "Work Like A Soul Inspired, Till The Battle Of The Day Is Done, You May Be Sick And Tired, But You'll Be A Man, My _______" Perry Como Crooned "______ I Love You So" "Are You Warm, Are You Real, Mona Lisa, Or Just A Cold And Lonely, Lovely Work Of _______?" Rose Royce Sang "Workin' At The _______ Wash" + Al Jolson Sang "Climb Upon My _______, Sonny Boy"

If you know song lyrics, this will be easy. If not, well, ask an old person.

Jackie Gleason and Art Carney?

Union ______, ______ and lime soda, in the Liberty ______ a volume a light source. (Hope I did better this time) Thx for ur patience Miles!

Edited by: thestick on Jan 5, 2012 3:25 AM

Edited by: thestick on Jan 5, 2012 3:29 AM

Here's one.

"For Your Love" Was A Hit For Peaches And _________ Paul Simon Had A Hit With "Call Me ______" She Played Winthrop's Mother In "The Music Man" Sean Connery And Audrey Hepburn Were "Robin _______ Marian" In "Gold Diggers Of 1933", Neon Violins Were Featured In "______ Shadow Waltz" "________ And Sympathy" Helen Kane Sang "I ___________ Be Loved By You, Just You And Nobody Else But You" + Paul Guilfoyle's Role In The TV Series CSI

{font:Times New Roman}Ron Howard tv show “____ Days” 1941 Bing Crosby film “_____ of the Blues” 1973 Francois Truffaut film “____ for Night” actor _____ Costello Aniston film “_____ Just Not That into You” Ava Gardner sings in “Mogambo” “when a body meet a body comin’ through the ______” 1988 Pedro Almodovar film "Women on the Verge of a ___vous Breakdown”

(It's tomorrow.){font}

Happy Birthday Louise Rainer! - At 102, she's lived longer than Bob Hope, George Burns and Gloria Stuart, who all made it to 100.

Lulu Sang "To _________ With Love" Bing Crosby And Danny Kaye Sang "_______, I Wish I Was Back In The Army" Eddie Fisher Sang "_______ My Papa" Mike Douglas Had A Hit With "The ______ In My Little Girl's Life" A Barry McGuire Hit In The Sixties Was "The Eve Of _____truction" Prokofiev Wrote "Peter _______ The Wolf" Maidenform Makes ________ The Beam At The Bottom Of A Window Nicolas Cage Movie "Gone In _________ Seconds" + On The TV Series "Blossom", Jenna Von Oy Played ___________

Geena Davis In "Thelma And Louise" - Very good clues!

He Was TV's "Bronco Layne" French Film "Claire's _______ Irene Ryan's Husband Rowan ______ Martin "Cheers For _______ Bishop" For Years, Shakespeare's Plays Were Performed At The "Old _________" Holden And Loren Film "The _______"

Baby boomers should get this one easily.

Tiny Tim and Miss Vicki...wow, Miles! Where are they now, I wonder.

next:

Sitcom star 4 legged Mister the Beaver's dad Cleaver Cantor songHood & Maid Marian Dickson novel Dombey & Jack Nicholson movie, __Good as it Gets '01 film ___Fink last name of actress _ that played Suellen in GWTW.

Miles, I've been looking for a picture of Jerome Cowan. He played Wilson on Green Acres? Was Wilson the farmer that wore the straw hat?

Edited by: Edythevanhopper on Jan 15, 2012 3:56 PM

Edythe, I think you need to do some editing. The clue *Cantor song Hood and Maid Marian* must be for two different clues. I can only think that the Cantor song was supposed to be "Mar_____" for "Margie". In that case the answer would be Edward G. Robinson As Barton Keyes - the insurance company investigator in "Double Indemnity". Also, for the record, "Barton Fink" was made in 1991, not '01.

As for Jerome Cowan, he was not a regular on "Green Acres". When he played Wilson, it must have been in a guest role. To see his pictures, just google "Jerome Cowan Photos". Now try this:

Mary's Boss At WJM Author Of "Swiss Family Robinson" David Slew Goliath With One To _____ Fro Don't Let A Bartender Slip You A ________ She Was Blanche On "The Golden Girls" Jolson Sang "Climb Upon My ________, Sonny Boy"

That was so bazaar, Miles. That post got completely jumbled around..the Cantor song was Jeepers, Creepers...which was completely omitted and the underlines got extended. Never has happened before but it didn't mess up until it sat in the thread and no edit option available.

Edward G Robinson as Barton Keyes is correct...and I'll get back to solving your post. Thanks. Edythe

{font:Times New Roman}Muni film “______ on My Shoulder” Cornel Wilde was Chopin in “____ Song to Remember Papa O’Hara tells Katie Scarlett “that ______ the only thing that matters” Theodore Bikel offbeat film “I _____ the Living” Monty Woolley film “_____ Young as You Feel” actress _______ Drew Day/Cagney film “Love Me ____ Leave Me” Edward Arnold is a blind detective in “_______ in the Night” subject of “Coal Miner’s Daughter”, Loretta _______{font}

Angela Lansbury as Eleanor Iselin

Star of Blazing Saddles ___Wilder Burl Ives tune A Little Bitty ___ Ed Norton played by Art Car__ __ Cold Blood actor __ J Cobb 1924 film *written* by Alfred Hitchcock Dangerous ____

Betty Grable film My Blue Heaven

Edited by: Edythevanhopper on Jan 19, 2012 2:47 PM