Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I see from the Jeopardy thread that Stick will be away for a few days , so I'll jump in with one.

He Was TV's "Sugarfoot" Dance Done By Fred And Ginger In "Carefree" In Brooklyn, They Would Say That Burt Lancaster Played "The ________ man Of Alcatraz" Shakespeare Wrote "_______ You Like It" A Dance Craze Of The Fifties Was "The Bunny _______" Chevy Chase Appears In The Video For Paul Simon's Hit "Call Me _____" He Played Miles Archer In The First Film Version Of "The Maltese Falcon" A Regular Panelist On TV's "To Tell The Truth" Was Actress Peggy ________ He Starred With Carl, Howie, And Imogene On "Your Show Of Shows" + Alexandra Zuck's Professional Name

If you remember the fifties and sixties, you should get this one easily.

Very good...The Yam took some thought..William Boyd as Hopalong Cassidy

nw: Jack Benny show regular Dennis _ 80's group Sha Na __ Brideshead Revisited star McCarthy soda fountain favorite ____parilla Frank Sinatra title role '68 The ____ action film __ of Zorro JP McGowan character in Flaming Gold + Edw R Murrow show after a drinking a fifth ____to spfferson

Edited by: Edythevanhopper on Jan 20, 2012 2:55 PM

Dana Andrews As Detective Mark McPherson - the role he played in "Laura".

A nice variety of clues, Edythe. Now try this:

Van Johnson Film "Kelly And ________ " Irene Dunne Starred In "Love __________" Scotty Beckett Played Robert Cummings As A Child In "Kings ________" Carol Burnett's Soap Opera Spoof "______ The Stomach Turns" In "Funny Girl", Barbra Sings "Second Hand ______" George M. Cohan Said That _________ Is A Grand Old Name Jan And Dean Sang "I Bought A '30 Ford Wagon And We Called It A _________y" + The Animals Had A Hit With "The _________ Of The Rising Sun"

Mia Farrow as Rosemary Woodhouse in Rosemary's Baby

next: Beatles' hit Hey ___ lab asst played by Marty Feldman, ___ novel from Rbt Louis Stevenson Treasure Is___ line from Genesis __ __ Beginning star of Manchurian Candidate Laurence ____ + bio pic from 2006 Dream____

{font:Times New Roman}Half of singing duo Sandler & Young, _____ Young "ding, ding, ding went the ____" "_____ Sweet Mystery of Life" "{color:black}When you put your arms around _____, I get a fever that's so hard to bear." "Though I’m certain that this heart of mine hasn’t a ghost of a chance ____ this crazy romance" "and through foggy London Town the ____ was shining everywhere" "The six o’clock alarm would never ring. But it rings and we ______, wipe the sleep out of our eyes" "_____ Last," Etta James signature song "________ is very entertaining and they say we’ll have some fun when it stops raining" "_____ say can you see" "when that _____ starts to peal" + "_____ My Darling Clementine"{font}

{font:Times New Roman} {font}

{font:Times New Roman} {font}

Good stuff...Ralph Bellamy in Sunrise at Campobello

nw: Groucho show You ___your Life West Side Story's I Feel Pret___ Civil War series The Blue and The ___ '41 role for Gene Tierney ___ Starr Nat King Cole song Day __ Day Out sitcom from "60s My ___ the Car best picture contender 2012 __ Horse + Mel Brooks

film Robin Hood: Men in ___

Betty Grable in "Mother Wore Tights" - Very good, Edythe. You're really getting into this now!

The Standells Sang "Well, I Love That Dirty Water, Oh, Boston You're My Home!" About The _________ River Dean Stockwell Starred In "The _______ With Green Hair" A Roll Call Vote Is Usually ______ Or Nay "______ The World Turns" In The Movie "Dragnet", Tom Hanks Plays ________ Streebeck Soccer's Biggest Star Was A Brazilian Named ___________ A Broadway Hit In The Nineties Was Called "Five Guys Named ________" + In "How To Marry A Millionaire", Betty Grable Plays Lo____ Dempsey

Hey, there's another Betty Grable clue!

Close enough, Edythe The official answer is Kay Kyser And His Kollege Of Musical Knowledge Featuring Ish Kabibble, Ginny Simms, Sully Mason, And Harry "Boopy Doopy Doop" Babbitt.

Kay Kyser liked to introduce his band's songs by telling the audience who would be featured. His nickname for Harry Babbitt was derived from a song they did called "Three Little Fishies" (In An Itty Bitty Poo). The chorus consists of the line "Boop Boop Diddem Daddem Whatem Choo!" repeated several times. I may not have gotten them in the exact order, but you'll get to hear them in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcw_vLNKAls&feature=related

Sammy Kaye also liked to introduce his songs in a similar manner.

Well Edythe, I hope you had as much fun solving my little puzzle as I did composing it. I wish more people would try this game. You can make it simple or complicated and you can be as creative as you like. Solving the puzzle is often the easy part. Creating one without making it too easy or too difficult, obscure, or ambiguous is the real challenge. It's your turn now, Edythe.

Next: 14th president of US Franklin____ + Jane Russell was spokeswoman for

Playtex' 24 Hour ___(s) + ___cy Walker played a deaf cook in Murder By Death

Jack Lemmon starred in '84 film M__s Appeal + Hester Prynne's stigma

letter __ boxer, ___leman Jim Corbett Ronald Coleman leads A ___ Life in '47

Buddy Holly hit __Boy Bob Hope film The ___ Little Foys.

Pierce Brosnan as Agent 007 -- (or Double Oh Seven, I like that clue) Now:

Kathleen Turner Starred In "The _______ Of The Nile" Belinda Montgomery's Brother "_______ Of Windy Poplars" Belonging To Miss Barrymore The Beatles Sang "Free ______ A Bird" Tom Jones Sang "Down The Lane I Look And There Runs _________" Eddie Fisher Sang "Oh, My ____pa" + The Searchers Had A Hit With "Needles And ________"

A much simpler one from me today. I hope you know old songs!

Do I know old songs! Probably not as many as Metz.

Another fun one, Julie Andrews as Mary Poppins.

Comedian from Waukegan,___Benny Bob Hope film The ___Drop Kid

California Dreamin' singer Mama C___ + current Hugh Bonneville role

___Grantham of Downton Abbey Lana Turner in Madame __ Victor Herbert's

___dian Summer Marie Windsor as My Friend ___ WWII aircraft Eno__ Gay

+ male gigolo___Bigalow.

Jack Lemmon as Lord X in "Irma La Douce". Nice job, Edy, but just to be a stickler, I believe it was Marie Wilson, not Marie Windsor, in "My Friend Irma". Now:

Author Of "My Antonia" Jim Hawkins Worked At The Admiral Benbow ______ Donald O'Connor And Gloria Jean Starred In "Get _______ To Love" A Movie About A Caribbean Slave Revolt Starring Brando Was Called "________" "Bonnie ______ Clyde" Anthony Newly Starred In "Can Heironymous Merkin Ever Forget Mercy _________ And Find True Happiness?" Edward Albert Was Blind In "Butterflies Are _______" In Golf, A Score Of One Over Par On A Hole Is Called A _____ie TV's Mr. Linkletter Nicholas Ray Directed "_____ A Lonely Place" Charlton Heston Starred In "_____ Omega Man" Hattie McDaniel Was The First ________- American Oscar Winner "We Are The Champions" Was A Hit For __________

I sure know those one over pars...maybe two. Thanks for keeping me correct.

Katherine Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart in The African Queen.

Super Bowl fans will cheer Rah ___ muppet Ernie's pal __ Tom Cruise played ___McDeere in The Firm old question Does Your Chewing G__ Loose It's Flavor on the Bedpost?

Johnny Weissmuller appeared as S_____ the Ape Man in 1948 Moira Shearer put on _ ____ Shoes Chicago gangster Scarface Al Ca____ + Disney's favorite mouse Mick__.

Edited by: Edythevanhopper on Feb 5, 2012 2:09 PM

Edited by: Edythevanhopper on Feb 5, 2012 2:09 PM

That Johnny Weissmuller clue had me puzzled, but I think it's *Robert Mitchum Stars In "The Red Pony".* Now:

Golf's Top Lefty Is Phil _______leson William Holden And Sophia Loren Starred In "The ______" She Played Lieutenant Reid In "Operation Petticoat" Jolson Sang "Climb Upon My ______, Sonny Boy" Shakespeare Wrote Thirty-eight _________ In The "National Lampoon's Vacation" Movies, Chevy Chase Plays _________ Griswold Gene Kelly's Role In "On The Town" He Played A German Ship's Captain In "The African Queen" Kevin Kline Starred In "Life _____ _____ House" Dean Stockwell Was "The ______ With Green Hair" He Trained Animals For "The Beverly Hillbillies" Zither Music Punctuates "The Third _______" "Cheek To Cheek" Was Featured In "Top _______" Because Of An Allergy, Buddy Ebsen Was Replaced As The _______ Man Donovan Sang "__________ Yellow" + A Camel With One Hump Is A ________dary

A little something different this time.

Mickey Rooney plays Clark Gable as a boy in "Manhattan Melodrama."

{font:Times New Roman}Spacek really sings in bio-pic about Loretta ______ Wolfgang Peterson war film “____ Boot” “Johnny Got His Gun” costar, Marsha ______ John Lennon film, “How I ______ the War” “The Animal Kingdom” star, ____ Harding the messy one of the “couple” musical which received a writing nomination from the Writers Guild of America, “You Were Meant _____ Me” Wyman was Torchy in “Torchy Blane.._________ with Dynamite” foreign film “____ _____ and a Woman” Lansbury felt she wasn’t that good in this film, “_____ the Cool of the Day” Lionel Barrymore film “_____ Return of Peter Grimm” “When I was 17, it was a very good _____” Donald Crisp film “A Dog ___ Flanders” James Dunn film, “______ on Love” Nancy Coleman film, “_________ They Live”{font}

Linda Hunt won an oscar for The Year of Living Dangerously, thanks for the good clues.

Next: Kiss rocker with family jewels, ___ ____ Jimmy Durante sang " __ Time Goes By"

artist ___ Moses Meryl Streep's oscar winning role in ___'s Choice we try to fill__ the blanks +

2010 James Franco film ____ (s) '85's ___Violations + Redford starred in The Last ____.

Thanks for playing Edythe, but just wanted to supply the full answer, so everyone would know

Linda Hunt won an Oscar for (playing a man in) The Year of Living Dangerously.

What's in parentheses you left out of the answer and really makes the statement and what she did more distinctive and was the crux of it.

Here is Edythe's new post

Kiss rocker with family jewels, _ ____ Jimmy Durante sang " __ Time Goes By"

artist _ Moses Meryl Streep's oscar winning role in ___'s Choice we try to fill__ the blanks +

2010 James Franco film ____ (s) '85's ___Violations + Redford starred in The Last ____.

Edited by: allaboutlana on Feb 6, 2012 7:48 PM