Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

{font:Times New Roman}Laura La Plante film, “The _____ and the Canary” John Gilbert was “Bardelys ____ Magnificent” Garbo 1926 film “Tor___t” Mr. Calloway asks you “Are you ____ to the jive?” this happens to Joan in 1928’s “The Passion of Joan of Arc” famous part of Hollywood – Hollywood _____ Vine The Frolic Room was a famous ____ in old Hollywood Jane Russell’s commercial product sound of Claudette’s slinky friend in 1934 epic film star of “The Cardinal," Tom ____on this is found in abundance in Valentino’s 1921 film, “The Shiek” Harry Langdon 1933 comedy short “_____ for Life” Gloria Swanson 1918 film “Society ____ Sale” Kay Francis 1938 film “Secrets of an ________” Lillian Gish silent film, “The W__d" Irene Dunne’s “Thirteen Women” plus 6 Conrad Veidt 1928 film “Bride ____”{font}

Edited by: allaboutlana on Feb 28, 2012 10:50 AM

Rosebud Was A Sled -- Aw, now I've ruined the ending for everyone! Oh well, now try this one:

Saint Who Was Crucified Upside Down Shirley Jones' Role In "Oklahoma" The Seven Dwarfs ____________ While They Worked "A Bird ____ ______ Hand Is Worth Two In The Bush" He Was TV's "Ramar Of The Jungle" "Pick ____ ______ Litter" Disney Film "Third Man On The ____________" In A Movie Serial, Football's Slingin' Sammy Baugh Was "_________ Of The Texas Rangers" In "The Bandwagon", Fred And Cyd Went "Dancing ______ The Dark" James Bond's Boss

By the way, in an earlier post, Joanna Barnes played the girlfriend of the father in the original Parent Trap movie in 1961. In the 1998 remake, she played the girlfriend's mother.

What's sick is I didn't have to look up Jon Hall at all...why I ask? I don't remember lunch.

You have another good one: Peter Lorre whistled The Hall of the Mountain King in M..or is it Peter Lorre whistled in the Hall of the Mountain King in M? Here's one (2) that make my hair stand on end.

Forrest's buddy Lt Dan, Gary ___ Johnny Mercer says Don't Mess with Mis__ In-between The Song of the South's ___ Remus Dickens' novel ___ Marner road movies duo Hope ___Crosby Penn/ Thomas film Up at the ___ Dillinger nemesis Eliot ___ Burt Reynold's was The Man who Loved __ Dancing leggy songstress ___ Turner in By By Blackbird, we're told to ___up all our cares and woes 2001's Original ___ musical __klahoma fill __ __ blanks 2 great actors go head to head in ___the Wind Woody Allen voices Z in ___.

Sinister Uncle Silas And Villainess Katina Paxinou In The Inheritance - This took me a while. Uncle Silas was a character and Katina Paxinou was an actress playing a character. Now, here's someone recently seen on TCM.

To Pry Open A Lock By Force Is To "_______" It Claire ________ Played Vivian In "Footlight Parade" Red Skelton Starred In "Merton _____ ______ Movies" The First Name Of The Drummer For The Monkees Peter Sellers Starred In "The _______ That Roared" Spanky And Alfalfa Were Charter Members Of The He-Man Woman Haters _________" Clifton Webb Starred In "The Man Who Never ______" E.T. Ripoff "______ And Me" Darryl Hannah Was Featured In "At Play ______ ________ Fields Of The Lord" Fred And Ginger Danced Forehead To Forehead In "_________ Down To Rio" TV's Thomas Magnum Liked The Detroit _________

Jimmy Dodd of The Mickey Mouse Club was Mac in Flying Tigers.

Miles, I have to say I had just seen Jimmy Dodd's name while working on your trivia about Smith Ballew. To find Lou Gehrig I looked up The Winning Team and Jimmy Dodd was in that also.

Complete opposite from Katina Paxinou:

Star of The Naked Gun _ Nielson Clifton James role ___in Cool Hand Luke Fonda/Hepurn movie __Golden Pond blues singer B __King Cher is one of The _of Eastwick town heavy in Beauty in the Beast voiced by Richard White Cleopatra chose her fate with an __p Ike portayer E __ Marshall E __ Robinson of Double Indemnity.

Edited by: Edythevanhopper on Mar 2, 2012 5:57 PM

Thanks for the reminder, Miles. Just got distracted and forgot to include my next clue. A simple one this time.

Song made famous by Vera Lynn, "The White ____s of Dover" an elephant weighs a ___ novel & movie about a famous arachnid who spins one of these + 2nd letter of the alphabet.

??

{font:Times New Roman}Clifton Webb{font}

{font:Times New Roman} {font}

{font:Times New Roman}Astaire sang “We saw the _____” “_____, Wilderness” William Holden 1973 film “______zy” + Lombard/Montgomery film “Mr. and Mrs. _____”{font}

{font:Times New Roman} {font}

C. Aubrey Smith

Rob Reiner Directed "The _______ Thing" He Was TV's Matt Houston Miriam Hopkins Starred In "The Story Of ___________ Drake" Gene Hackman Starred In "I Never ________ For My Father" In "South Pacific", Lieutenant Cable Sings "_______ ________ ____ Be Carefully Taught" "It Seems That Happin_____ Is Just A Thing Called Joe" Dorothy Gale's Auntie A Song From "Rio Grande" Was " _________ Take You Home Again, Kathleen" In "The Music Man", Zaneeta Shinn's Favorite Expression Was "_______ Gads!" Old Rubber Tires Used To Have An Inner _______ Rimsky-Korsakov Wrote "The Flight Of The Bumble _______" In Parliamentary Procedure, Votes Are Either ________ Or Nay Castro's Revolutionary Friend, _______ Guevara ________ Taylor Played The Xylophone In "You Can't Take It With You" He Played The German Ship's Captain In "The African Queen" Tennessee Ernie Ford Called Himself "The Old _______ Picker" In "Show Boat", They Ask The Musical Question "________ Do I Love You?" Kirk Douglas Film "______ Harm's Way" Vermont Town Where The Von Trapp Family Built A Ski Lodge Ol' Blue Eyes Was Featured In "Anchors ________"

One of my more ambitious undertakings. Lots of sound alike clues. Good Luck!

A little luck and a good speller:

Shirley Temple sang You Gotta S M I L E to be H A double P Y in Stowaway.

Here's my attempt for the day:

College party song__ Nine Bottles of Beer on the Wall The Best ___ of Our Lives Gene Kelly sings Long __ and Far Away in Cover Girl Matt Lauer is morning host on The ___ Show Heaven ___ Mr Allyson mink and sable make beautiful __ coats Dean Martin sang "That's __more" +

Caesar quote " Et __ Brute" Bill Murray film "Lost in ___" Hugh Grant film About __ Boy The __Love of Martha Ivers Artie Shaw's 1939 release "___ __ Swing" '33 film Night of ___ Jeopardy is a qu__ show 2007 film Dan in __ Life James Dean film __ of Eden.

Hmmm..I'm humming again. That isn't what is there. It should read: Ninety years ago today, Nosferatu (translation) a symphony of terror, is released. My keyboard must stick on those crazy blanks..sorry. You can take the thread or leave it open.

Assuming it's open, I'll jump in with this one.

Fred As_____ Danced With Jennifer Jones In "The Towering Inferno" She Sang Opera In "Going My Way" "The __________ Stuff" Was Recently Shown On TCM "______ Justice For All" "____________ And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" "I Wish I Was In The Land Of ___________, Old Times There Are Not Forgotten" The Left Side Of A Ship Is Called The ______ Side In Playing Cards, The Three Is Often Called The _________ Commercial Slogan "When You ________ Enough To Send The Very Best" Lee Strasberg Taught At The ____________ Studio Stevie Wonder Sang " I Just ___________ To Say I Love You" Cliff Robertson Won An Oscar For "_____________" "The _______ Of The Sixth Happiness" Lamont Cranston's Alter Ego Was The __________ Old Song "I Don't Stand A Ghost ______ ____ Chance With You" + Robin Williams Starred In "Mrs. ________fire"

This one shouldn't be too difficult.

Teresa Wright and Joseph Cotten portray characters called Charlie in *SHADOW OF A DOUBT.*

Funny, Miles, I had just been thinking about that movie!

Brain dead at the moment, so open thread ...

Road movies duo Bing Crosby and ___ Hope card game for 4 with right and left bowers ___ Mitchum film Not __ A Stranger Eastwood series Dirty ___ Hackman role Popeye ___ 2011 Giamatti film Win W__ Wendy Hillerman role ___ Barbara + film recognizing a team know as The Georgia Peaches A ____ of Their Own.

Bob Uecker As Harry Doyle In "Major League" - By the way, the team in "A League Of Their Own" was The Rockford Peaches.

Harlow and Gable Steamed Up the Screen In "Red _________" Buddy Ebsen Was Allergic To Silver Make-up, So He Could Not Play The ______ Man In Boston, Fifty Cents Is Called A ___________ Dollar Alan Ladd Starred In "The ________ In The Net" To _______ Fro In "To Have And Have Not", Bacall Called Bogie By This Name He Sang"I Can't Get No Satisfaction" "We Are The Champions" Was A Hit For __________ Kurt Russell Film "_______ _______ New York" Cliff Robertson Starred In "The ________ Brigade" "The _______ Of Dr. Moreau" "I'll Be With You ______ Apple Blossom Time" Huck Finn Called His Father By This Name Tennessee Ernie Ford Was "The Old _______ Picker" Air Force Men Sing "Off We Go, Into The Wild Blue ______der"