Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ruth Gordon and Garson Kanin (I'm currently reading the ADAM'S RIB script!)

Name repeated by many would-be Cary Grant impressionists Former host of "Let's Make a Deal" Frank Capra's last film POCKETFUL OF MIRACLES, was a remake of his own LADY FOR __ ______.

Andy Devine

A Life Preserver Is Sometime Called A ______ West Cowboy Star Who Married Clara Bow "Cheers" Regular Who Frequented "The Hungry Heifer" Mutt _____ Jeff Hi _______ Lois Before He Was On "Cheers", Nicholas Colasanto Was In A Boxing Movie For John Huston Called "________ City" In The TV Series "I Remember Mama", Kevin Coughlin Played Mama's Nephew, ___ ___ Ryan + Bobby Shaftoe Had A Silver ________ On Each Knee

A word of advice for Mudskipper and anyone else who posts in this thread: You'll be more successful if you give the respondents a point of reference for most clues, unless it is absolutely obvious. It's great if people have to do a little research. We all learn a lot when we do. You just want to avoid being too ambiguous or vague with the clues. We are not here to deceive, but to point people in the right direction.

Welcome back, Violet.

Very well put, Miles - your tips are perfect (and another ?welcome back? to the thread?s author, RainingViolets) - but back to business:

Mabel Normand and Fatty Arbuckle (nice clues)

Married to Ronald Colman, she had a supporting role in *The Last of Mrs. Cheyney* the queen in *Snow White* turned herself into one the phrase ?___ like Flynn? refers to actor Errol Lennon ____ McCartney She played Cary Grant?s mom in *North by Northwest* Sterling Holloway provided the voice for one in Disney?s *Alice in Wonderland* pal of Amos (on radio and TV)

In response to your comments, Miles, please be informed that I'm not here to deceive...which you seem to imply. To me, the object of the game is not so much research or a fill-in, but to have someone think and be able to put a series of clues together to come up with the right answer---much like solving a mystery....and I don't see anything vague or deceitful about my clues either...However, if it's too hard for some, I will explain the clues:...

Walt's Zorro= GUY williams MA barker princess DIana + SON of fury

Answer: GUY MADISON

Mudskipper?in response to your post to Miles ? if you enjoy this thread (as many do) you might try scrolling back through the thread a few pages and review how posts are generally composed. Phroso is relatively new to the thread and has picked up on how it?s done very well. You seem to imply that your post was too difficult for others ? however, my take is that the clues were just oblique. I think Miles was being diplomatic in what he posted and meant no offense. Nor do I?

Meanwhile, still up:

Married to Ronald Colman, she had a supporting role in *The Last of Mrs. Cheyney* the queen in *Snow White* turned herself into one the phrase ?___ like Flynn? refers to actor Errol Lennon ____ McCartney She played Cary Grant?s mom in *North by Northwest* Sterling Holloway provided the voice for one in Disney?s *Alice in Wonderland* pal of Amos (on radio and TV)

Joan Caulfield

The Director Of "Brokeback Mountain" Was _______ Lee Mrs. Muir Meets The Ghost At ________ Cottage Ernie's Friend On "Sesame Street" Anthony Newley Starred In "Can Heironymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy _________ And Find True Happiness?" The Trashmen Had a Hit With "Surfin' __________" + The Great Schnozzola Sang "Inka ______a Doo"

(A little something for everyone in this puzzle.)

Dusty Springfield

Here's one that I didn't work too hard on:

The Answer To My Last Post Sang "So I'll Sing You To Sleep, After ______ _______" + Julie Andrews Sang "Just A _________ Of Sugar Helps The Medicine Go Down"

I think your going for *Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison* (good clues), but actually this is a name thread rather than titles?

*Eddie Murphy ____*, a filmed comedy performance he sang the ?Miss America? theme Mr. Miller who led sing-alongs + Dorothy?s auntie

Asta

He was Stubby's minstrel partner in CAT BALLOU 1950 film _____ ABOUT EVE Singer who asked "Is That All There Is?" + Director of the Marx Brothers' first two MGM films, 1935-1937.

Edited by: phroso on Jun 15, 2010 8:51 AM

Natalie Wood - Our SOTM

Nellie Forbush Is In Love With A "Wonderful ________" He Played Dreyfus In Several Pink Panther Movies Shakespeare Was The "________ Of Avon" Julie Andrews Sang "______, A Deer, A Female Deer" 1934 Film, "Tarzan _______ ________ Mate" She Was Miss Bliss In "The Harvey Girls" "On A Clear Day You _______ See Forever" Ronald Reagan Was First Elected President In 19___ Years, In French