Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

26 Letters - 26 A-Z favorite movies

*"Very good, SoKyle! I've only seen five on your list."* - FrankGrimes

Well, on a list with no Hitchcock, no Lang and no Grace Kelly I am surprised you have even seen five of them.

You've really got to stop being so parochial in your movie habits.

Kyle In Hollywood

> {quote:title=ILoveRayMilland wrote:}{quote}

> Whoa....difficult!!!!!

>

>

> A...."Annie Get Your Gun" SO, SO, SO TIED W/ "The Awful Truth"!!!!!!

> B...."The Barkley's Of Broadway"

> C...."Come September" TIED W/ "Casablanca"

> D...."Dial M For Murder"

> E...."Ella Enchanted"

> F...."That Funny Feeling"

> G...."The Ghost Breakers" TIED W/ "Gaslight" TIED W/ "Gidget"

> H...."Hide Out" TIED W/ "His Girl Friday"!

> I....."It Happened One Night"

> J...."Jamaica Inn"

> K..."Kiss Me Kate"

> L..."The Lost Weekend" TIED W/ "Laura"!

> M..."The Magnificent Seven" TIED W/ "The More The Merrier"

> N...."Northhanger Abbey" (The latest Andrew Davies version) SO TIED W/ "Notorious"!

> O...."Oceans Eleven" (the original!) TIED W/ "The Odd Couple" (Jack Lemmon version)

> P...."Pillow Talk" TIED W/ "Pride And Prejudice"! (the original Greer/ Laurence version!)

> Q...."Quiet Man"

> R...."Roman Holiday"

> S...."Some Like It Hot" TIED W/ "Swing Time" TIED W/ "Shadow Of A Doubt"

> T...."The Thin Man" TIED W/ "To Be Or Not To Be"!

> U...."The Road To Utopia"

> V...."Vertigo"

> W..."The Women" TIED W/ "Witness For The Prosecution"

> X...."The Inn Of Sixth Happiness" (I know a bit of a stretch.)

> Y..."Young At Heart"

> Z...."The Road To Zanzibar"

>

>

> I am sorry I have SO many ties and empty spaces! I will come back and finish them later!

>

> Message was edited by: ILoveRayMilland

>

> Message was edited by: ILoveRayMilland

I finished it, so I decided to repost my list.

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}

> *"Very good, SoKyle! I've only seen five on your list."* - FrankGrimes

>

> Well, on a list with no Hitchcock, no Lang and no Grace Kelly I am surprised you have even seen five of them.

> You've really got to stop being so parochial in your movie habits.

>

> Kyle In Hollywood

That's telling him, Kylie! (although I'm unsure what "parochial" means) And I think your list showed EXCELLENT taste. :)

Message was edited by: MissGoddess

Hey, Kyle -- Well, on a list with no Hitchcock, no Lang and no Grace Kelly I am surprised you have even seen five of them. You've really got to stop being so parochial in your movie habits.

:D Hey! I was asked to name my favorite films. I'm a Hitch fan, a Lang fan, a Grace fan, and a film noir fan.

Ciao, Miss G -- That's telling him, Kylie! (although I'm unsure what "parochial" means) And I think your list showed EXCELLENT taste. :)

One of us had a Gary Cooper film on our list, Traitoress.

One of us had a Gary Cooper film on our list, Traitoress.

:( Guilty as charged. I tried, I really did but like I said, I still may revise the list. ANd Coop is still my favorite actor. If only he'd been directed by John Ford (I refuse to count Marco Polo). Then he'd have been a shoe-in.

Message was edited by: MissGoddess

Hi, Miss Milland -- Yeah, he put "High Noon" JUST for you. :)

Perish the thought! Truth be told, High Noon is not a Coop film but a Grace Kelly film. :) It's also one of my favorite westerns of all time. It edged out His Girl Friday, Holiday, AND a Fritz Lang/Gloria Grahame film, Human Desire.

A sure sign of me losing my mind would have been if I had chosen Gone with the Wind. My "G" is quite different.

I see Dial M for Murder made your list. And so did Jamaica Inn! You're one of the very few brave enough to say you like that film. I like that.

I also see that you cheated like Miss G. The Road to Utopia for "U"? What about The Uninvited? Now who is the star of that one? I seem to have forgotten. :);)

Hiya, Miss G(uilty) -- One of us had a Gary Cooper film on our list, Traitoress.

Guilty as charged. I tried, I really did but like I said, I still may revise the list. ANd Coop is still my favorite actor. If only he'd been directed by John Ford (I refuse to count Marco Polo). Then he'd have been a shoe-in.

All these excuses of yours has you sounding like me.

> I see Dial M for Murder made your list. And so did Jamaica Inn! You're one of the very few brave enough to say you like that film. I like that.

I LOVE "Dial M...". And I really do like "Jamaica Inn". I think Maureen O'Hara is excellent (and it was only her second film.) Also, I really enjoyed Charles Laughton's performance, he had fun playing a deliciously, wicked character.

> I also see that you cheated like Miss G. The Road to Utopia for "U"?

Oh, well. You can't get through life without cheating now and then. LOL! (I'm just kidding!)

It was interesting reading the lists. You can learn a lot from them. Now, mine was completely made up of Musicals, Romantic Comedies, Hitchcock, Bob Hope, Bergman, and a few select dramas (e.g. "The Lost Weekend").

Oh, well. You can't get through life without cheating now and then. LOL! (I'm just kidding!)

You're not kidding!

It was interesting reading the lists. You can learn a lot from them.

That's what I enjoy the most. I like seeing the lists of others. They provide a small little window in which to peek.

Now, mine was completely made up of Musicals, Romantic Comedies, Hitchcock, Bob Hope, Bergman, and a few select dramas (e.g. "The Lost Weekend").

I wouldn't expect anything different. That's who you are... today. Tomorrow may be different. The Lost Weekend? Who stars in that? :P

Here's mine:

A All the President?s Men

B Battle Cry

C Charlie Chan Goes to the Circus

D Dog Day Afternoon

E Elephant Man

F From Here to Eternity

G Grapes of Wrath

H Hollywood

I Invasion of the Body Snatchers

J Junior Bonner

K Klute

L Long Voyage Home

M Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

N Network

O Ocean?s Eleven

P Patton

Q Quigley Down Under

R Right Stuff/Ride the High Country

S She Wore a Yellow Ribbon

T To Kill a Mockingbird

U Unforgiven

V Vertigo

W Wild Bunch

X Xanadu

Y Young Mr Lincoln

Z Zodiac

FrankGrimes: Strong list. Love seeing "Fallen Angel" and "Quai des Orfevres." Guess I'll represent the glorious Double G on my list below.

Randy: Great choices. I love seeing "The Women" and my Oomph Girl represented with "Nora Prentiss." She looks classic 1940's. Damn, I wish I thought of it.

StarStruck: "Pillow Talk." Glad you've represented it.

Kirk in Hollywood: "Koyaanisqatsi" Philip Glass, great film.

What a great, thought-provoking question Triple H...but what a long-winded answer you?re about to get. Now I know my A-B-C?s...

AWFUL TRUTH, The: (Dunne & Grant were pure perfection and that comic timing...).

ANATOMY OF A MURDER: (if I weren?t a cinemaven, I?d have been a lawyer; nice grown-up movie).

BIG HEAT, The: (Gloria...Gloria...Glorious Gloria).

BLAZING SADDLES: (Blazingly funny. I cried with tears of laughter: farting, hanging, weinerschnitzels and attacking racism with humor. Mel Brooks can write his ticket to movie comedy heaven with this one).

BRIDE WORE BLACK, The: (Chabrol?s a master...and then there?s Jeanne Moreau: vive la France).

CAMILLE: (Put simply: Garbo!)

CASABLANCA: (a classic motion picture of unrequited love; Bergman and Bogart and Bergman and Bogart and Bergman and Bogart; how Bogie let her go on that plane is STILL a mystery to me).

CABIN IN THE SKY: (Lena Horne is utterly beautiful; Hollywood and America did NOT know what to do with her; what a waste).

CROSSFIRE: (Bobbing for apples?? Mitchum, Ryan and Young as the Bobs. Sort of like the Coreys on steroids. Gloria Grahame is a heart-breaking Joan Blondell-type. She's wunnerful, wunnerful!)

DESERT FURY: (great twisted characters; an older Astor and young Lancaster, Wendell Corey?s in love with Hodiak and the luscious husky-voiced Lizabeth is in technicolor in all her pouty glory).

DESERT HEARTS: (two women fall in love in the 1950?s--beautiful love story and a period piece. You could?ve heard a pin drop during the love scene).

DUEL AT DIABLO: (GREAT WESTERN and great score; loved the different threads of a story; cowboys and Indians; racism against Native-Americans...and Sidney as a cowboy. I didn?t understand a Black man as a cowboy when I was eleven. Now at way over -21, I know better. Right on, cowboys!!)

DOUBLE INDEMNITY: Finally, MacMurray with a meaty role. Loved Edward G. in this).

EASY TO WED: (enjoyable re-make and the 1940?s foursome of Van, Esther, Lucy and Keenan was perfectly cast tossing off lines like pearls).

FROM THE TERRACE: (Even if Paul and Joanne don?t get along in this, I love seeing them together, 60?s, color, good meller and Paul Newman?s BLUE EYES).

GONE WITH THE WIND: (the only motion picture with everything).

GILDA: (put the blame on every red blooded earthling on this planet who watched the fiery red-haired Rita Hayworth and didn?t lose his mind; there?s a reason she?s called a goddess...this is the reason).

HEIRESS, The: (a well-deserved Oscar for this sweetly gentle beauty: Olivia DeHavilland. ..."I have been taught by masters.")

I WALK ALONE: (love the triangle of Lancaster-Lizabeth & Kirk; archetypal characters).

JEZEBEL: (willfull Southern belle is an understatement...after Scarlett O?Hara, there?s Bette?s Julie; not as sexy as the beauteous Vivien Leigh, but a hurricane; I actually am picking this as a way to laud Margaret Lindsay...a dark haired, alto-voiced supporting actress who still remains unsung; I love her).

KING?S ROW: (Ronnie did such a great job, Cummings? earnestness melted my heart, and Ann Sheridan is just a pleasure for me in anything she does...her voice...her attitude...her Oomph! Korngold?s music is thrilling).

LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN: (Jealousy, thy name is Tierney who personifies the green-eyed monster; no one is safe: not her father, her new husband, her brother-in-law and step sister...oh yeah, did I mention her fetus and intentional suicide? Ya gotta lover her!)

LETTER, The: (Bette Davis? performance is written in stone as a blueprint for actresses for future generations to come. ?With all my heart, I still love the man I killed.?)

LIBELED LADY: (this is just a joy to watch Harlow, Loy, Powell and even Tracey being funny; crosses and double-crosses abound; did I mention Harlow?)

LONG SHIPS, The: (a rousing adventure: the Vikings vs. The Moors; love Sidney Poitier?s Elvis pompadour and Widmark is wild and crazy. Ooooh...someone name Rosanna Schiaffino is worth a second look-a third look - a tenth look. Beware of the Mare of Steel. OUCH!).

LOVE LETTERS: (The Cyrano tale with the beautiful Jennifer Jones; her beauty is enthralling).

MARNIE: (I enjoyed Tippi?s sexy pyschosexual disfunction and Sean Connery is dangerously handsome...and twisted enough to like a woman who has psychosexual difficulties).

MEET THE STEWARTS: (yes yes this innocuous little comedy has won my heart over becuz it is where I fell head over heels in love with the beautiful Frances Dee; even seeing her with the zombies didn?t do it).

MILDRED PIERCE: (Spare the rod and spoil the Veda; Ann Blythe was chilling and Joan Crawford was thrilling; Eve Arden...well she can do no wrong!)

MUMMY: 1932 (great Caesar?s ghost; wonderful film; Zita Johann is different ; ?...her love for you will bridge the centuries.?)

NOTORIOUS: (Okay...okay I confess, even though it?s difficult to watch her go through this: Ingrid Bergman makes torture down right sexually intoxicating; I want to save her, but I don't want to add "Gaslight").

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST: (Henry Fonda, that likeable mid-westerner plays the most evil heartless killer who ever wore a holster. Great blue eyes).

OUT OF THE PAST: (wanna see a film noir before you die? Then this one is it; Kirk...smarmy; Mitchum...laconic; Rhonda... young and yummy. Jane Greer is the reason to watch this; she is the reason to live...she?s magnificent! But don?t trust her. Lovely to watch her walk into a room: ?...I sometimes go there.?)

PANDORA AND THE DUTCHMAN: (Ava Gardner has fallen from heaven in the form of a human; she is absolutely and utterly beautiful in this film).

PLACE IN THE SUN, A: (poor Monty - at his most gorgeous - happy to settle until he meets mind-blowing eighteen year old Elizabeth Taylor; rich Elizabeth, a budding beauty whose looks are blinding; sad sack Shelley...who toned down her looks to play a girl whose only crime was to fall in love, oh...and get pregnant; one swimming lesson at the local Y would?ve saved her life).

PORTRAIT OF JENNIE: (Oh my...Jennifer Jones at her most ethereal).

QUEEN, The: (Helen Mirren is one of my favorites...she WAS Queen Elizabeth; sexy and disrobed or older and plain, Helen Mirren can do no wrong).

RAINS CAME, The: (I?m liking George Brent more and more and he and Loy make good foils for each other; but it?s all about Tyrone Power. He?s the most handsome man in the history of motion pictures. I drowned in his dark brooding looks...he is literally mesmerizing to look at in all of his movies, but when he removes the turban in this film...my jaw dropped, my heart stopped).

RAVEN, The: (?I like to torture.? Great horror movie; the great team of Karloff and Lugosi and one of the great smoking jackets).

STRANGE LOVE OF MARTHA IVERS, The: (Kirk...wonderful and not afraid to play mousey; Heflin...tough; Lizabeth Scott...ooh the husky voice, the victim persona, I want to protect her. And Stanwyck...awwww she?s tough as nails and damaged as a young girl. I love her, I love her, I love her. Stanwyck Steel. She?s made of steel).

SEND ME NO FLOWERS: (my fav?rite of their trilogy and married and suburbs and mistaken identity and their familiarity with each other is just heartfelt. I feel them. Rock is handsome personified and Doris? body is banging!)

SHANGHAI GESTURE: (Von Sternberg is a madman and I?m glad he made movies; love the hunky beefcake, eyebrowed charm of Victor Mature; Ona Munson is GREAT!! And then there?s Gene Tierney as Poppy...an addictive personality and a pure hot mess by the end of this; love Walter Huston in this better than in ?Dodsworth? or ?Treasure of the Sierra Madre?).

STORMY WEATHER: (Lena Horne again...nice musical and Lena?s beauty; she?s, quite frankly, breath-taking).

THUNDERBALL: (the best of the James Bond films; Luciana Paluzzi doesn?t succumb to the Bond?s charms; Connery is devastating).

UMBRELLAS OF CHERBOURG, The: (lovely musical; lovely Deneuve; I resisted seeing it and when I finally saw it...I fell hard for it).

VERTIGO: (threads have been written about this Hitchcock classic; Jimmy has height problems and heart problems; Kim Novak is lovely, mysterious, ethereal, sexy and oh, I can go on and on and on... This goes without saying...is Hitchcock?s masterpiece. Saaaay, how many masterpieces can a person have??)

WALK ON THE WILD SIDE: (my favorite Capucine film- she?s so wonderfully European in a Hollywood mess of a movie; Stanwyck is great. If you have to cast a dykey madam of a brothel...Stanwyck is your only choice. Enjoyed the kitschy casting: Mexican Baxter, trashy Fonda, Harvey as a man...great flick. And don?t gorget Saul Bass? opening).

XANADU: (Travolta and Newton-John. Hmmm...well it?s the only ?X? movie I?ve seen without looking up imdb).

YOUNG PHILADELPHIANS, The: (I?m a big Barbara Rush fan and this is my favorite film of hers, besides her 1950's sci-fi fare. Paul Newman is a young lawyer; didn?t like how they made fun of Alexis Smith trying to be a panther and get young stud-muffin Paul Newman. Wait did I say Paul Newman...yeah I did. Pardon me while I swoooooon).

ZOOLANDER...ZORRO: Nah, just needed a ?Z?.

Message was edited by: CineMaven WHEW!

Cinemaven

Magnificent post! As a person who cannot make the simplest list (of anything) I am doubly appreciative of yours since you take that extra step of providing commentary, some of which is so excellent. I shan't forget your characterization of GeneT as a "pure hot mess" anytime soon. That movie seems to me often overlooked or forgotten. Pauline Kael's capsule review is interesting because she is genuinely unsure whether or not it was intended as straight or some sort of ironic tour de force. Also, I like your The Rains Came selection, but for me it was Brent and Mryna who made the movie, along with that sweetie pie Brenda Joyce, who I adore. Jezebel and Stormy Weather round out two other biggies for me. I liked the former much better than GWTW, Fay Bainter is beyond words. George Brent comes through wonderfully with his Buck Cantrell (to go along with his Ransome) and I agree with your assessement of Lena, simply stunning. Thank you for all that, WHEW indeed!

Hey, Lynn -- Nice to see your list. I'm pretty familiar with many of your favorites but I was surprised to see Charlie Chan Goes to the Circus.

Hola, CineMaven -- Loved reading your passion. It's always such a tasty treat. You listed many of my favorites, which comes as no surprise since we share the love of film noir.

FrankGrimes: Strong list. Love seeing "Fallen Angel" and "Quai des Orfevres."

You should know by now that I'm a Fallen Angel fool.

I actually like Quai des Orf?vres more than Les Diaboliques. It's a very entertaining film.

Guess I'll represent the glorious Double G on my list below.

You pulled a Miss G cheat! You listed more than one title per letter. Don't tell me you're a gal who wants it all? ;)

In a Lonely Place, The Big Heat, and Human Desire were in the running for me.

CineMaven - your choices were all superb -

here are mine;

A - Always in my Heart - purest schmaltz - but done with class

A - Angel on the Amazon - most beautiful love story

B - By the Light of the Silvery Moon - pure escapist fare, delightful

C - Call of the Wild - Clark and Loretta and those Eskimo Huskies

D - the Dolly Sisters - Grable and Haver - real delight - great tunes

D - Doll Face - real story of Gypsy Rose Lee

E - Enchanted Cottage - lovely fantasy

E - Enchanted - about a family told by the house itself

F - Flesh and Fantasy - four seperate stories, each done as other worldly

F - the Fan - Great performance by Madeleine Carroll

G - Green Dolphin Street - Lana Turner in her prime

H - Heaven Can Wait - Don Ameche goes to hell to find Laird Cregar

H - Home Before Dark - Jean Simmon's best performance of a madwoman

I - I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now - June Haver and Mark Stevens

J - Jungle Jim - love this Johnny Weismuller film

K - King's Row - most beautiful Korngold score ever

L - Leave Her To Heaven- Gene Tierney's Tour-de fource

M- -Moss Rose - Ethyl Barrymore searches for her son

N - Night of the Hunter - brilliant direction by Charles Laughton

O - Oh ! You Beautiful Doll - toe tapping musical

P - Peter Ibbetson - Gary Coopers best performance

Q - Queen of Outer Space - pure camp, a real drive-in movie

R - Room with a View - Simone Signoret's glowing performance

S - Sentimental Journey - fantasy with beautiful score

T - Time Machine - George Pal at his best

U - Umbrellas Of Cherberg - interesting because all the dialogue is sung

V - Velvet Touch -Rosalind Russell strutts her stuff

W - Westerner - best western ever

X - X - The Man With X-ray Eyes pure escape

Y - the Yearling - best movie ever made

Z - Zigfeld Girl ~Hedy Lamarr !

Cinemaven I like your choices, I shouldve limited it to just one movie per letter, but its all good, I like seeing extra titles... I had troubles with U, & Q, since I have seen 3 movies with Q and maybe 2 or 3 with the letter U..I will see Unconquered soon ..I love your insight after each title, it was like audio commentary without the audio or the commentary LOL

I love everyones choices on here...and there are plenty that if I wanted to revise again Id add an extra movie for my letters such as

*M* - M with Peter Lorre

*A* - Asphalt Jungle

*D* - Deep Red

Glad you like my thread -_- !!

Message was edited by: TripleHHH

*"Hey! I was asked to name my favorite films. I'm a Hitch fan, a Lang fan, a Grace fan, and a film noir fan."* - FrankGrimes

"Hey!" to you too.

I wasn't passing commentary on your list of favorite films. (Predictable as it was.) I was expressing surprise that you had seen _five_ of the films on _my_ list - which had no Hitchcock/Lang/GraceKelly.

Or Pabst. Or Gloria Grahame. Or Preminger. Or Clouzot.

I actually tried to avoid listing anything that would get the FrankGrimes "UL" (utterly lazy) seal of approval.

Watching movies shouldn't be only about seeing what you already know you love.

So 5 of 26. That's not bad, I guess - though it sounds alot like a Pirates Win/Loss record and you have to be positive about that too.

Kyle In Hollywood

*"That's telling him, Kylie! (although I'm unsure what "parochial" means)"* - MissGodess

*parochial* : "narrowly restricted in outlook or scope".

*"And I think your list showed EXCELLENT taste."*

Don't know it that refers to the entire list or just the few titles highlighted by FG - but I'll take the compliment just the same. Thank You.

Kyle In Hollywood

Hey, Lynn -- Nice to see your list. I'm pretty familiar with many of your favorites but I was surprised to see Charlie Chan Goes to the Circus.>>

Hey Frankie,

I've been enjoying the Asian Film Series. I tivo'd many of them and am using my recovery time to enjoy them.

I love Keye Luke as Number #1 son.

I've really enjoyed Peter Feng and his commentary through-out the series. I also like many of the films he chose and have been enjoying films I have never seen before (like Charlie Chan and Mr. Wong and Fu Manchu!).

Don't forget summer school starts in a couple of weeks.

Are you ready?

Hi CineMaven,

Great list and great comments!!! It's always interesting to read your take on films. I might give this list thing a try later but I'll just enjoy yours and other posters lists for now.

Hi Frank,

The only comedy on your list is *Unfaithfully Yours.* One of the very few Sturges films I haven't seen. One of my sisters was named after Linda Darnell. I'm still waiting on my copy of *Sudden Fear* to arrive. I can't wait to check out Gloria in it. :)

Some very good and interesting lists from *all* of you.

Hola, Kylefornia -- I wasn't passing commentary on your list of favorite films. (Predictable as it was.)

Predictable? Me? :D

I was expressing surprise that you had seen five of the films on my list - which had no Hitchcock/Lang/GraceKelly. Or Pabst. Or Gloria Grahame. Or Preminger. Or Clouzot.

I've seen The Elephant Man (the saddest film I've ever seen), Heaven Can Wait (1978), Meet John Doe, The Palm Beach Story, and Visions of Light. I've seen bits and pieces of All That Jazz, The Little Foxes, and The Westerner.

I actually tried to avoid listing anything that would get the FrankGrimes "UL" (utterly lazy) seal of approval.

Now you're dogging on me, too? What's Miss G paying you?

Watching movies shouldn't be only about seeing what you already know you love.

Ouch! I call the big one "Bitey."

I've been watching some movies for the first time. ;) I just haven't met a new favorite, that's all.

So 5 of 26. That's not bad, I guess - though it sounds alot like a Pirates Win/Loss record and you have to be positive about that too.

And a shot at my Bucs to boot. I like it!

I checked over everyone's lists and here's the number of films I have seen on each:

RandyIsHere - 1

Pancakes Barbara - 3 (Her list REALLY intrigues me. She's got terrific taste.)

RainingViolets - 3

HarlowCutie - 4

BiteyFromHollywood - 5

ILoveRayMilland - 5

Starstruck - 5

Skimpole - 6

VisualFeast - 7

CineMaven - 9

Edgecliff - 9

Lzcutter - 10

Miss Champoo Floozy - 11

Triple H - 12

Jake Holman - 14

A Hitch Good Evening, Lynn -- I've been enjoying the Asian Film Series. I tivo'd many of them and am using my recovery time to enjoy them.

I love Keye Luke as Number #1 son.

I've really enjoyed Peter Feng and his commentary through-out the series. I also like many of the films he chose and have been enjoying films I have never seen before (like Charlie Chan and Mr. Wong and Fu Manchu!).

Ahhh, very good. How's your recovery going, by the way? I think your pain has transferred to me in the form of K-Y-L-E. He's starting to make Miss G seem lovely and sweet... and that's next to impossible to do.

Don't forget summer school starts in a couple of weeks. Are you ready?

I'll be there... in the boy's room, smoking candy cigarettes. Actually, I should attend class so that I can WATCH. I've been told I need to WATCH more, so I'll WATCH your summer school thread from the shadows, ala Doniphon. You're not going to carry a silver-knobbed whip, are you?

What's the score, Molo? -- The only comedy on your list is Unfaithfully Yours. One of the very few Sturges films I haven't seen.

Classic comedies don't captivate me as much as the darker films. Unfaithfully Yours is actually a dark comedy. The comedies I like the most are from the 80s and late-70s. His Girl Friday is my favorite classic comedy.

One of my sisters was named after Linda Darnell.

So were your parents fans of Linda? Linda is one of my faves.

I'm still waiting on my copy of Sudden Fear to arrive. I can't wait to check out Gloria in it.

It still hasn't arrived? Ahhh, Deep Discount. I'm probably going to get three more Gloria DVDs. Heck, I still have to get It's a Wonderful Life.