Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm going to wind down a bit here and make some supper.

Pheasant under glass and a dry champagne, followed by petit-fours.

Then I shall pop up here later this evening.

Pip-pip and cheerio.

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> You make me want to watch every episode of U,D all over again -- that was GREAT!

i reckon i might be watchin' a few of them myself, it sounds like a lot of fun :D

Yes I DO hope we don't have any SPOILERS like the unfortunate one for TUNES OF GLORY's ending that a certain prolific person posted.

Was there? If neither you nor Jackie posted it, I didn't see any, thankfully.

Perhaps deleting the spoiler sentence right now would work better, and be more respectful toward fellow posters who haven't seen the movie yet after taping it, and are looking forward to relaxing and doing so this weekend.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> Perhaps deleting the spoiler sentence right now would work better, and be more respectful toward fellow posters who haven't seen the movie yet after taping it, and are looking forward to relaxing and doing so this weekend.

>

> Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

well ic hecked with my watch and it had been LESS than 24 hours, so ic ould change it still and i took out all the spoiler-ish material. :)

Barbara, Wendy: Have either of you seen Jean Renoir's The River?

Astonishingly, and maybe not for long, this beautiful movie is on YouTube.

I highly recommend it for both you Anglophiles, especially after you've

eaten Indian curry. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhnxk2DXXzw&feature=related

It's a ravishing looking film, which manages to cast a subtle spell upon the viewer.

Have a look when you get the time. The young American man in the story, "Captain John",

was played by Thomas E. Breen. Though he appeared in a couple of films, he wasn't really an

actor but had actually lost his leg as a soldier in combat. His lack of acting experience

lends a certain hesitancy to his portrayal, making it seem somehow more touching and real.

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> I made curry for dinner. I think talking about those British soldiers made me want it. Wasn't there a line in Tunes about how one of them loved India?

I love curry, but I can't make it at home to my satisfaction -- I always have to go out to an Indian restaurant at one of their all you can eat buffets. Yes, someone in TUNES mentions India.

But you know me....I CAN'T REMEMBER WHO.

Wonderful alerting us to THE RIVER on YouTube, April! I've never seen it either.

I'm going to watch it over the weekend, with my curry and darjeeling tea.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

My curry never comes out right, either. It just isn't as good as the real thing.

I was thinking maybe it was Alec Guinness who mentioned India, but in River Kwai.... when he is in the middle of one of his rambles to Sessue Hayakawa, right before he spots the wires...... ahhh! Talk about a tense moment!

Anyway, I am off to bed. I watched about 2 minutes of The River before my daughter called me in for storytime. Tomorrow I am going to draw on my floor with white rice powder. In the movie it was so beautiful.

Now, why didn't I think of Darjeeling?

> I was thinking maybe it was Alec Guinness who mentioned India, but in River Kwai.... when he is in the middle of one of his rambles to Sessue Hayakawa, right before he spots the wires...... ahhh! Talk about a tense moment!

That was a great speech! I liked it a lot...

I've been thinking. Tomorrow it will be twenty-eight years to the day that I've been in the service. Twenty-eight years in peace and war. I don't suppose I've been at home more than ten months in all that time. Still, it's been a good life. I loved India. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

> Now, why didn't I think of Darjeeling?

Here's some Darjeeling for everyone who likes some, good night to ya! :)

expensive-tea-darjeeling.jpg

>

> Anyway, I am off to bed. I watched about 2 minutes of The River before my daughter called me in for storytime. Tomorrow I am going to draw on my floor with white rice powder. In the movie it was so beautiful.

>

> Now, why didn't I think of Darjeeling?

I wish I didn't have a carpet so I could draw those beautiful designs too

I'm already in love with that British actor who plays the father.

After much trial and error, I discovered that Darjeeling is the perfect tea flavor for me. It's more full-bodied than Earl Grey, but still maintains a bit of delicacy.

Have a good night.

Wow Gals.... I'm WAY behind I see... I haven't really popped in here for more than a brief moment all day.... I see I've got a lot of reading to do to catch up!!

I also have yet to get to watch my tape of Tunes of Glory... we had a few other things going on last night and also this evening..... The QT wants to watch it too.. so I may have to wait until tomorrow sometime as it is getting late and he will likely be hitting the hay here in a bit... (and then again... I may watch it for myself later and then watch again w/ him tomorrow... that happens a lot around here sometimes! Ha.)

But I DO plan to get to it soon, I promise! (Oh no... maybe I have been hanging around that Shiftless Grimes and Ramblin' Molo the Kid too much lately... I'm starting to sound like them!! Ha.) :P

Sorry to be tardy! :-)

After much trial and error, I discovered that Darjeeling is the perfect tea flavor for me. It's more full-bodied than Earl Grey, but still maintains a bit of delicacy.

I'm still a plain old English or Irish Breakfast peasant. I have to have the strongest black

tea because I put so much milk and honey in it.

I forgot to mention Arthur Shields is in The River!