Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Big_Bopper

I have not missed tcm - not at all

it has been 3 months since I cancelled digital cable. I dont know how you're gunna take this - I hope the way I'm intending. I never even think about tcm. I do lots of things instead like read books & I see way more old movies & better movies than when I had tcm! its true. not that I expect any of you to believe it.

one of the things I dont miss is robert osborne. I imagine in real life he's a decent enough person but I dont know what it is - he got on my nerves. maybe its because he's such a phony. he's a damn good actor as a phony. that's what I mean. the act is what got on my nerves.

the movies on tcm got real stale. same ol same ol know what I mean? really annoying. actually I could not be more happy not having tcm. I would have never thought I'd say that!

actually THEY made me say it. because tcm knew they sucked & they played the same repeats so many times to make sure it would suck. except to a fool. thank googa mooga I'm not one.

there's a movie called that...I seen it on tcm... susan hayward ...its called "I thank a fool" ......................... thank you!

Yeah, not really getting why you posted this. If you don't like TCM, then you don't like TCM. Why would we care?

I guess you didn't get what I was intending. the thing is I never thought I wouldn't care if I had it or not. I thought it would bother me not having it.

Here's hoping that you enjoy yourself in your new endeavors.

But confess, while you may not miss TCM, you do miss the message boards, don't you?

Message was edited by: clore

Yes, I'm new here. Haha, I actually can't play an instrument to save my life. The "musical" in my name refers to my favorite genre of movies.

first of all it is no criticism of anybody on this board. & I do post from time to time but not much considering how long I been here & how few posts I got. Why some o yous get 140 posts a week! but not having tcm doesnt mean I'm totally free of tcm. no way. I just got a video of maltese falcon with 50 min. of robert osborne telling the history of bogie & wb........ before the movie........ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....... & you get to see the trailer of maltese falcon 3 times! you think I'm kidding? really there is no escape. but I tried.

no there is no old movie channel as good or as bad if you get my drift. cuz there is only one!

lets face it old people should just hurry up n get cancer for all hollywood cares. old people are on fixed incomes. they dont spend money on date movies.

anyway its illegal for you to watch tcm...because by transferring the images to your mind you are infringing the copyrights...youre all guilty of intellectual property theft. you should all be taken to an island & be made to slave for peter lorre as your commandant. thattle fix your wagons.

yoo hoo......miss musical .....I could teach you the flute - its easy. just pucker up & blow......

So, I suppose you are telling us you are a troll?

I dunno. That seems to be your point.

".....I could teach you the flute - its easy. just pucker up & blow......"

Grow up, man.

Message was edited by: mickeeteeze

Hmmm.....On an Island with Peter Lorre.....some of us ''Peter Lorre' fans would like that !!!,

He'd have a lot to say and I, for one, would hang onto his every word.....ha ha.

('Island of Doomed Men' - 1940 / One of his Best )

Yes, and I've noticed also that a lot of more recent movies are being shown on TCM.

My family had @ one time enjoyed watching AMC, for the Old, Classic movies....

but then they began showing movies from the 70's, 80's, 90's.....which there are some great

one, but we really missed watching the Classic ones, as a family, & sharing with our

younger family members.

But in defense of TCM, in spite of the newer movies, they STILL DO show

a lof of the Old Classic movies, that we find totally Entertaining & Endearing !!!

Hope you'll soon come back aboard, Big Bopper...

Ugaarte

<>

Klaatu barada nikto Big Bopper

Message was edited by: MovieGal53

I like Robert Osborne because he gives us a lot of trivia tidbits about movies we don't find out otherwise. I only wish Leonard Maltin who gives info on Directv's "Maltin Minute" gave more trivia on the movies Directv 'Pay-per-view" selections they show.

Robert gives TCM viewers a better perspective on the movie that is being presented. Only the QUALITY of the movie itself counts for me regardless of what channel presents it.

By the way, I have BOTH cable and digital - won't give up either!

You may not post a lot but this is a few posts too many. They have an edit button that you might consider using.

I can honestly say i would miss TCM, even though i will agree sometimes there are WAY TOO MANY of the same films shown..that stinks, and i also do not like movies on TCM from the 80's & 90's..as far as i feel, we don't need them on TCM, since so few are even worthy of the Classic stamp!

As for Robert Osborne, i have no problem with him and enjoy his info between films,and think he would be fun person to meet, as he loves the classics, let's face it to me TCM is still the Best thing going for Classic Films..I'm sticking with them! F.G.

Message was edited by: ForeverGarland

I love TCM, but I wish TCM would more hard to find films! I'm tireed of seeing the same films over ...and over...and over!

I agree what was up W./"Rush Hour 2"!?

Some of you are mean! You know how I know? I got this metal helmet I made - actually its a metal pot with tin foil attached & it rings when one of you answers my thread & when the reaction is negative it rings in a more darker tone. I am going to report you to michael chertoff. I assure you busy as he is attending to all our "natural" disasters & torturing innocent people & tasing old people & stealing laptops & conducting martial law drills & threatening our congressmen etc. he still has time to fix your mean wagons. the one who called me a troll - your goin down pal ...right to the island...& you too you know who you are - the one who said I post too much ... your in deep doo doo....michael chertoff is all seeing all knowing & his eyes are like... the kids from "village of the damned" ....if I sic the dude on you you'll beg me for forgiveness but with michael chertoff there is no meaning to the word "forgive".....I could forgive you easy but he never will...

*Some of you are mean!*

We know, your cable company is mean, your wife is mean, all women are mean, the police are mean, TCM is mean for having the nerve to show movies you don't like, sometimes more than once, there's a clique here, etc., etc., etc. ...

CelluloidKid, you hit the nail on the head! There are tons of movies from the silent era to sound that has not seen the light of day since their release. I myself been argueing this point. I haven't seen a single Al Jolson movie on TCM. What about George Hamilton when he was a teenager in the 1950's? Some of James Dean classics. Rare Vitaphone movies. Even movies made in the 1970's to the 80's that have seen to fell off the face of the earth. Ever heard of "Roller Boogie" starring Linda Blair? "Skatetown USA" starring Scott Baio and Patrick Swayze?, "The Great Brain", "Starcrash"?

Some more old ones "Little Orphan Annie" starring Mitzi Greene (1933)? The Frolics of Youth shorts, Andy Clyde, W.C. Fields to mention a few.

Big Bopper, remember this is a FORUM and people have the right to agree and disagree. Thats whats known as a DISCUSSION!

I throw myself on your mercy, large bopper, and beg

your forgivness, please don't sic michael chertoff on us...

were you serious about the flute lessons ?

I myself been argueing this point. I haven't seen a single Al Jolson movie on TCM. What about George Hamilton when he was a teenager in the 1950's? Some of James Dean classics. Rare Vitaphone movies.

Ham,

I applaud your efforts to bring those hard to find films to TCM, however, you should know that TCM aired *The Jazz Singer* just last summer along with an evening of rare Vitaphone shorts. *Wonder Bar*, starring Jolson ran last June as part of the *Screened Out* series. Other Jolson films have aired on TCM though it has been many years since some of his early talkies, *Jazz Singer* being the exception, have been aired.

James Dean has been honored in the past by TCM and all three of his films have run on the channel.

As for the George Hamiliton movies of the 1950s, you may have me there. I can't recall any of them being screened but then I don't know the titles of them without consulting a reference book.

Hope this helps!

*"I got this metal helmet I made - actually its a metal pot with tin foil attached..."*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin-foil_hat

But, but, but Michael Chertoff _already knows_ what you're thinking about us. In fact, Michael Chertoff knows everything in your head before you do. Scary, huh?

Hussein In Hollywood

Ah well, multiple posting time again, since I initially wanted to reply to Bopper.

Having double-checked, as I thought, George Hamilton made no movies as a teenager (aside from an uncredited appearance in *Lone Star* ), and since TCM actually showed *Roller Boogie* a few weeks ago (in the Underground), I presume you were being sarcastic, ham. Makes me wonder about some of the oldies you mentioned. :)

Personally speaking, I liked Tan Boy in a lot of things, including *Where the Boys Are* and his portrayal of Hank Williams in *Your Cheatin' Heart.* Wouldn't mind seeing him as Moss Hart again someday (with Jason Robards as George S. Kaufman) in *Act One.* .

That's cool that you don't miss TCM. I wish you well. I also have DVD's of stuff that TCM never shows, but I still dig TCM and would totally freak out if it were taken away from me! My cable company didn't add it until 2002, so those who had it since 94 are privileged. I also never got AMC until 2001, and by then..man, it was definitely turning bad, like it is now, only worse. I kinda think folks who had these stations in their heyday are spoiled, and I wish I had them then too!

Though TCM does seem to repeat stuff ad infinitum, as LZcutter will tell us, they have to license everything now, even the MGM , WB and RKO stuff, which IMO, sucks. With that new economic reality, they still repeat stuff LOTS less than other channels do, plus where the beejeezus else are you gonna see films like the 1931 film *THE PUBLIC ENEMY* ???? I mean who the heck shows films from the early 30's anymore, let alone black and white movies??? TCM...you have my support. I know you are trying your best to be all things to all people, but you are rocking in my house.

And hey, thanks to LZcutter for pointing out that TCM did air some groovy Al Jolson flix not too long ago.

James Dean and George Hamilton???!!!! Well, Dean's been featured prominently and Hamilton? He only starred in stuff post 1958, so I can do without thanks! I'd much rather TCM feature Warren William films! Do it!