Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dominick

October schedule

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}

> OK all. It's up. Use the link posted earlier.

>

> And I hope all you Lombard fans will be happy. The 'premiere" on October 6^th^ made _me_ gasp. TCM finally shows _my_ favorite Lombard film.

>

> Kyle In Hollywood

I'm so happy, I'm so happy! TCM will FINALLY air my favorite Lombard film, HANDS ACROSS THE TABLE, October 6, at 9:45pm!

Thank you TCM! MovieGal is doing the "dance of joy!"

I could be wrong, MovieGal, but I believe "Hands Across The Table" was shown Aug. 17, 2006, when Lombard films were featured for 24 hours as part of that year's "Summer Under The Stars." But I am pretty certain several of the October Lombard movies weren't shown that day.

*"I could be wrong, MovieGal, but I believe "Hands Across The Table" was shown Aug. 17, 2006..."* - VP19

You're correct. I just dragged out the SUTS schedule for 2006 and checked.

The day devoted to Carole Lombard that year was notable for having 6 premieres to the TCM schedule. This was the line-up of films for Carole Lombard's Summer Under The Stars event in 2006 -

*The Racketeer* (1929)

*The Gay Bride* ( 1934)

*Swing High, Swing Low* (1937)

*My Man Godfrey* (1936)

*Nothing Sacred* (1937)

*Fools For Scandal* (1938)

*Lady By Choice* (1934)

*The Princess Comes Across* (1936)

*Love Before Breakfast* (1936)

*Hands Across The Table* (1935)

*We're Not Dressing* (1934)

*Mr. And Mrs. Smith* (1941)

*To Be Or Not To Be* (1942)

*In Name Only* (1939)

*Vigil In The Night* (1940)

Kyle In Hollywood

> {quote:title=VP19 wrote:}{quote}

> I could be wrong, MovieGal, but I believe "Hands Across The Table" was shown Aug. 17, 2006, when Lombard films were featured for 24 hours as part of that year's "Summer Under The Stars." But I am pretty certain several of the October Lombard movies weren't shown that day.

My cable company didn't add TCM to their channel lineup until October 1st, 2006 so I missed Summer Under the Stars that year.

I have been requesting HANDS ACROSS THE TABLE on a regular basis since then so you can imagine my delight at seeing this film on the schedule for October. 8^D