Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any HAIR (1979) fans?

I just love this movie and I rarely see it discussed. I saw it for the first time on HBO in 1980 and I just thought it was so well done and sung and the story was pretty poignant. I bought the soundtrack album (now I have the CD) and played it over & over. In fact this recording has spoiled me to the OC recording and subsequent ones as to me the movie ST is definitive. I also remember that as a gay teen when I first saw it, the Black Boys/White Boys number was really the first depiction of something with gay content in it that I had ever experienced, and that, of course made quite an impression.

My favorite songs/sequences are Aquarius (of course), Donna, Manchester England, Electric Blues, Black/White Boys, Hair & Good Morning, Starshine. Charlotte Rae was pretty funny as the society lady! I only wish 2 of my fave songs, Air & Frank Mills had been filmed but at least they're on the CD! Any Hair fans (film or play) out there?

jon

• 3 weeks later...

I love the Hair film!! I haven't been able to see the stage version though. I believe it's being staged by the Public Theatre in New York until August 31, starring Jonathan Groff as Claude! Wish I could see it! Guess I'll just have to stick with the film version.

It's soooo hard to pick a few favorites! I love Aquarius (Twyla Tharp's choreography is amazing!!), but I also really like I Got Life when he dances on the table. Hair is a great number too. I remember my parents playing that song on a tape when I was younger, and I was thrilled when they started singing it in the movie. Another great moment is when Berger is marching onto the plane at the end. But I agree with your favorite song choices!