harlowcutie11

Any Audrey Hepburn Fans?

Here's another Ondine photo:

55q786.jpg

Cooking:

1zpgxfa.jpg

From when she played Gigi on the stage:

wss4ea.jpg

And the poster above my bed ;D (you can see me in her dress lol!)

rkmp1e.png

Hey guys!!!! Thanks so much for keeping this thread going. I especially want to thank MissMusical and ILRM for all their wonderful pictures!!! I bought Enchantment, Audrey's bio, and I discovered all these facts about her and a whole bunch of beautiful photos. It was a great read and you guys should read it. I guarantee you'll fall in love with her all over again, like I did. I was enchanted. Oh, I love you guys and all the gorgeous photos you find of her. Wasn't she so natural??? Another thing, after reading her bio, I found out that she always had exquisite taste in fashion, even before she became a star and was adorned in Givenchy's gowns!!!! (Check it out if you haven't already!!!)

Anyways, the reason I haven't logged on for ten days is because I was in Australia for World Youth Day, in which I got to see the Pope and do a whole bunch of really fun stuff!! I guess I will talk to you guys later.

I LOVE the cooking pic!

Here is a pic of Audrey with Shirley Maclaine from when they were filming "The Children's Hour". Shirley is usually quite beautiful, but next to Audrey...she simply fades into the background! Even though Audrey is wearing a very plain outfit and hair.

ChildrensHour_FF_300x225_060620051517.gif

Howdy Cutie! Glad to see you're back! Now we can really get this Audrey thread rolling. Oh thanks, it was nothing :) Okay, I'm off to find some more photos of wonderful Audrey. Be right back!

Wow, ILRM, you're right. Shirley does seem to fade next to Audrey!

Sarah-- Dahling, wherever did you find that photo of Audrey by the oven? I love it! And you have no idea how jealous I am of your Audrey poster... But, I'm getting a 27' x 40' *Breakfast At Tiffany's* poster framed as we speak. So, I'm pretty excited about that. Can't wait for it to be finished! But I still adore that photo you have above your bed.

Trivia for y'all:

Did you know Audrey had size 10 feet? She was often very self conscious of about them.

Audrey132.jpg

ILRM: "Here is a pic of Audrey with Shirley Maclaine from when they were filming "The Children's Hour". Shirley is usually quite beautiful, but next to Audrey...she simply fades into the background! Even though Audrey is wearing a very plain outfit and hair."

No fair! They're both playing characters in this very lovely photo from "The Children's Hour." Shirley plays a very plain girl who (in Wyler's depiction of what a lesbian is) is not attracted to men and therefore therefore not making herself attractive to men. Audrey and Shirley were both great looking actresses from the 50's & 60's. But Audrey was truly a fashion icon in the industry. Let's not go by that photo of their characters from this very solid re-make.

That she is. ILRM, try and see "The Children's Hour" and tell us what you think of it.

Message was edited by: CineMaven -- As a movie, not a beauty contest.

Oh, Cinemaven!

I love Shirley Maclaine! She was AMAZING in "The Apartment"! I also enjoyed her in this film I can't think of the name, but it stars Paul Newman, Gene Kelly, Dean Martin, Dick Van Dyke, and Robert Mitchum. And she is wearing a lot of pink. I will try to see "The Children's Hour", but I already have so many new movies on backlog in my mind it will take a while.

Also, I always watch movies more for their acting then beauty! You insult me by saying that. But I do understand the need to defend actors you love. But believe I was not in any way saying that Shirley was inferior. -ILRM

Hey MM! That's awesome about your poster! And I have no clue where I got the oven pic, it's been in my computer for 2387265342 years (approximately). :)

I LOVE this, I don't know why:

2wny7h5.png

And I don't know where this is from, probably How To Steal A Million:

34djskl.png

This is the best pic I could find. But I have always adored this outfit from "How To Steal A Million"! I love the whole scene, where she keeps trying to get Peter O'Toole's attention and he doesn't recognize her.

audrey+veil.jpg

Also, another outfit from "HTSAM". She later pairs it with black rubber boots (for those who haven't seen the film.)

449-3N6N1AHHOWGUN.standalone.prod_affiliate.4.JPG

ILRM, please believe me I would not at all be insulting to you. No no no. Others, yep. But that was not at all my intent. D'ya think you'd be able to check out "The Children's Hour" any time soon and let me know what you think of the film? Audrey and Shirley are apples and oranges. All of the celebrities that we compare to each other is an unfair comparison. To compare Valentino to Cooper to Tyrone Power to Hedy Lamarr... etc.

Please accept my apology for even putting that thought in your head. I'm sorry.

All's well, CM! No need for drama!

If I wanted that I would just go watch "All About Eve" LOL!

And I just tried to put "The Children's Hour" on hold at the library, but they don't have a copy! My library has been really frustrating lately!

Taking a load off of her (size 10) feet:

21ms2hf.jpg

With her Oscar:

2uqdpa0.jpg

And I always thought this one was beautiful:

qnnqmf.jpg

> {quote:title=ILRM wrote:}{quote} And I just tried to put "The Children's Hour" on hold at the library, but they don't have a copy! My library has been really frustrating lately!

I know what you're saying, sister! I don't think my library is real big on the classics. They don't even have the essentials! For example:

The Bad and the Beautiful

The Postman Always Rings Twice

Cover Girl (Well, it's an essential to any Gene lover!)

And they have close to _nothing_ that Gary Cooper's in! How can that be?!

I oughta call 'em up and give a piece of my mind!

And on top of that my library is getting rid of all VHS's! Without even buying the DVD's or they are not yet out on DVD!

(Is it just me or are you feeling a little dejavu? I really feel like I have talked this subject over with you many times! LOL!)

I totally tried to check out "Cover Girl" at my library...guess what...they didn't have it!

Also, the one I am REALLY upset about is "Pal Joey" I have NEVER seen it! My library doesn't have it though! Can you imagine it. It isn't like a forgotten silent, it is a famous musical starring three ginormously famous stars!

Anyways, back to Audrey...LOL!

Who do you guys think was Audrey's perfect co-star?

I really enjoyed her with Gregory Peck, but.........

It was a really AMAZING team with Peter O'Toole and Audrey! Also........

I thought Audrey and William Holden were good together.........

So I can't decide!

I always liked William Holden in anything. He showed good taste in being with Stephanie Powers.

I have to say there was just something about Audrey! She wasn't fake. She WAS the sweet, kind, loving, thoughtful, intelligent, amazing, fashionable person she portrayed in her movies. That is why I love watching them because of her, because she draws me to her, and makes me wish I knew her personally...even if she wasn't a star!

Oh really? I don't recall ever talking about this. Haha, oh well. I've been very busy lately, so I may not remember due to that. Oh man, no Pal Joey? That's horrible! I wonder why none of the libraries have Cover Girl either.

Okay, back to Audrey :)

Audrey Hepburn was enchanting and amazing , she lit up the screen every time she was on telly !

Her film just blew me away when i first saw them , and they still do because of the way she acted.Audrey Hepburn was lovely, adorable, smart and caring.And she is the kind of woman that you never want to forget! :):)

http://www.theclothingchronicles.com/archives/2006/257-sabrina.jpg

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebs/audreyhepburn/audrey_hepburn_3.jpg]

http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=77148&rendTypeId=4 [

Thanks for your contribution to the Audrey thread, Hayley! Yes indeed, Audrey is the kind of gal you just never forget about.

Audrey in Italy circa 1954. Isn't she an angel...

vtl_47.jpg