Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Silent Film Gallery

whistlingypsy

Wendy,

icon_smile.gif A wind blown Gilbert Roland and bundled up Clara Bow shaking hands. Never saw this still before. Found by Mitch Farrish on TCM CFU. Clara looks so adorable, and Gilbert has a ton of hair! Lo! You gotta love this!

ClaraAndGilbertHandShakecopy.jpg

*"Put It Dare Pal!"*

Wendy,

I'm glad you like the *BEGGARS OF LIFE* still. The recent restoration was just screened in New York at the Film Forum Monday evening. Bill Wellman Junior was there.

Let's see what you think about this one?

LondonAfterMidnightAmongTheUndead.jpg

*London After Midnight-"Amongst The Undead!"*

Wendy,

No, I think the other Woman is a Vampire too. So she might be sampling a bite! Since the film is lost and no one has seen it since the 50's, hard to tell for sure. But I do know that Marceline Day is supposed to be the lone Human pictured in the sequence.

Still waiting for ugaarte to return. Or new people to contribute.

Hi Everybody . . .

Here I am ! :D

I apologize for not being online. This computer is now being shared with a few more people here @ home. But for now, I have it for awhile. :)

I've also been dealing with a bad tooth. :( It's 'calmed down' for now, until I can see an affordable dentist . . . but I have been checking the Pics and Posts that periodically here.

And that picture of London after Midnite looks awesome. Especially the coloring, as in the 1928 'Beggars of Life' with Louise Brooks. Great Coloring ! But that Bonnet just doesn't do it for her . . . I sort of like her 'Vampy' ways . . . and her short haircut is not one seen during that time period. But all in all, she looks Fabulous !

And Adolphe Menjou looks Spectacular dressed up in 'MahaRaja' garbs. And as always, he comes across so dapper.

Oh and that Poster with Gloria Swanson in 'Bluebeard's 8th Wife' is a Classic. I Love all those little hearts in the design. Just in time for Valentine's Day.

And that Photo of Mary Nolan with the bruises on her face ... that's just awful and very trajic looking ..... that is so sad ! . . . What was her story ?

Gagman, I loved all the other Posts & Pics that have been entered here since I've last posted.

I will be going over to the 'Silent Film Crushes' to check out over there too.

Thanks again Gagman ! :)

ugaarte,

Thank goodness you are back posting again. I might have a bad tooth too. I'm a terrible procrastinator should have gotten to the Demist awhile ago. Hope they can fix yours.

Here's a another portrait of Chaney. Wasn't done by me. This is Bob Fells work. His software is about 4 years newer than mine. This is really terrific!

PHOTO_16095189_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*"Mr. Tough Guy!"*

shocked.gif{font:Verdana}{size:small} An indescribably gorgeous young {font}*Constance Bennett*{font:Verdana}{size:small} wearing a naughty nighte in *MY SON (1925).* Which also Starred Alla Nazimova and Jack Pickford. She's the girl that your Mother warned you about! {font}

PHOTO_16195755_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*"Best Beware of Red Hot Mama's!"*{font:Verdana}{size:small} {font}frown.gif

Wendy,

Grapevine just released a very nice transfer of *LUCKY DEVIL (1925)* with Richard Dix and Esther Ralston a few weeks ago. R.Michael Pyle, gives it a glowing review. I plan to order a copy soon. With *WOMANHANDLED* a part of the *TREASURES FROM THE AMERICAN FILM ARCHIVE Volume 5* Box set, this is the second pairing of Dix and Ralston that has been made available on DVD. By my count, Richard Dix has at least 6 Silents on DVD.

The pic of Coop and Esther was done a couple years ago. I just revised it a bit. Plus I could not find it in earlier posts. There are several stills from that same film Lewis Milestone's *BETRAYAL* that I have worked on, and many more that I have not. Might have been Emil Jannings final American Silent before his leaving the States to go back to Germany.

EstherRalstonwithLongCurls.jpg

*Esther Ralston with Blonde Curls*

Poor Harold has been abducted to sea, and now Bebe the evil Pirate girl looks to have her way with him!

BebeThePiratessKidnapsHaroldcopy.jpg

*"Hmm, You'll Do For A Pinch, Err, I Mean In A Pinch Matey!"*