Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Silent Film Gallery

whistlingypsy

Wendy,

It is from THE TEMPEST (1928). I questioned the piercing blue eyes, and will probably get another Zombie complaint from You know who on Wolheim. However, it's not my work.

Here are a couple scenes from the film. You might need to crank up the volume a little, but it is the original Hugo Resienfeld score which is excellent. I might upload this again, because I think I have the same scenes and music with much louder audio than when these clips were posted a couple years back.

[John Barrymore and Camilla Horn from 1928 - TCM CLASSIC FILM UNION Video|http://fan.tcm.com/_John-Barrymore-and-Camilla-Horn-from-1928/video/1172384/66470.html]

[John Barrymore-The Tempest-Royal Gathering - TCM CLASSIC FILM UNION Video|http://fan.tcm.com/_John-Barrymore-The-Tempest-Royal-Gathering/video/1173640/66470.html]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gagman . . .

I'm loving that Oriental, green brocaded garb that's worn in your picture in 'Paths to Paradise' (1925).

And I so enjoyed viewing your Vintage Lobby Cards of Billie Dove in 'Adoration' (1928) . . . not to mention those Foreign Posters. How Awesome is that !

And that's a different look for Eric Von Stroheim, appearing so pensive and deep in thought. With head in hand and 'exposed' arms, he looks so vulnerable . . . not at all as the 'stoic', rod of steel for a backbone in full dress uniform. He looks like a regular 'joe'! Good for him ! And I love that antique typewriter ... Awesome !

PHOTO_16460935_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*Mary Miles Minter And Alan Forest in BEAUTY AND THE BOSS (1918)*

PHOTO_16465991_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*Mary Brian and William Haines in BROWN OF HARVARD (1926)*

I SO Agree with you, Gagman . . . this is 'Stunning Artwork' in this Poster.

Dark Blues, Blacks and Bright Yellows Adds to the DRAMA being portrayed by the actors being portrayed on the poster.

And those pictures are just 'Awesome' of Lon Chaney in 'Shadows' (1922). I just love the pink coloring of the girls dress and the yellow in the pillow and tea pot . . .

And 'Quincy Adams Sawyer' 1921 . . . So Cool. Is this one considered a 'Lobby Card'. I love the 'touch' with the small 'head and chest' shot of both Bowers and LaMarr on either side of the Border of the Picture . . . Great Touch !

Also, Gagman . . .Great Pictures & Coloring of Norma Talmadge (giving her famous 'Vogue' pose), Mary Miles Minter (Beautiful Smile, curls and cape) and Mary Brian, looking so intently. I love her maroon dressing and kelly green cap. And I love the Vintage look in Men's Wear such as what William Haines is wearing. His Fedora, bow tie and tailored, 3-piece suit . . . and gorgeous SMILE !

Thanks again, Gagman !

PHOTO_16502547_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*Clara Bow in costume for Ernst Lubitsch lost features KISS ME AGAIN (1925)*

PHOTO_16506829_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*Esther Ralston and Clara Bow publicity pose for CHILDREN OF DIVORCE*

Wendy,

Thanks for the comments. Here is another portrait.

PolaProfoundProfile.jpg

*Pola Negri- Profound Profile-1920*

Wendy,

You will like this portrait. And to think this was the same lady who largely got stuck in Mother roles after *STELLA DALLAS* in 1925. I think the photo is from a few years earlier.

PHOTO_16509937_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*Belle Bennett- "Shimmering Radiance"*

Wendy,

Look at this. Sadly the film is lost. But this Lobby-card clearly stated that it was filmed in Two-Color Technicolor. So Billie Dove's first appearence in Color on the screen was two years before Douglas Fairbanks THE BLACK PIRATE was released.

WandererOfTheWastelandLooby.jpg

*Jack Holt and Billie Dove in Zane Gray's WANDERER OF THE WASTELAND (1924)*

Wendy,

Claire Windsor's Birthday was on Saturday..The 120th. So I needed to post a photo of her.

PHOTO_16515275_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*Claire Windsor-"Glamour Galore!"*

Yes, my friend who has a lovely collection of silent film photos, said Esther's eyes were a nice blue/green and her hair was light naturally, though maybe not platinum. Think the coloring of Jean Harlow.l I guess another word for her eyes would be teal. She is lovely, and I wish I knew more about her and her career.

I am a big Clara Bow fan. I finally had the courage to cut my curly, reddish hair into a retro bob and get lots of compliements...what took me so long! It is fun and easy! Those flappers were ahead of their time, hair wise! Soft waves, big curls and glamour "done" hair, set in rollers, are back in fashion. Yeah!