Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thanks, Star.  I don't think I've even heard of this film.  It seems like a good one, so I'll put it on my "must watch" list.

Next:  A runaway bride, who is still wearing her wedding dress, encounters a woman who is churning butter.  The bride tells the woman that she likes her dress and trades dresses with her. 

Next:  A runaway bride, who is still wearing her wedding dress, encounters a woman who is churning butter.  The bride tells the woman that she likes her dress and trades dresses with her. 

The runaway bride decides to hitchhike her way out of the area.  She ends up getting a ride from an American musician who happens to belong to a swing band.

The runaway bride finds the room that the musician and his bandmates are staying in.  They get into trouble when the woman is found in their room, but they are able to talk their way out of it.  When the boat arrives in New York, the men decide to lock the woman in the room so that she won't cause them any more trouble.  The woman escapes by crawling through a porthole.  She finds out where the musicians are staying and decides to go over to their apartment. 

That Girl in Paris, which was a remake of Street Girl (1929)?  Incidentally, Jack Oakie was in both movies.

Yes, that's correct.  Good job, Star.  I didn't realize that the film was a remake.  They must have really loved this story because it was remade only a few years later as Four Jacks and a Jill

Your turn, Star. 

No, Terrence, James Cagney's appearance in The Seven Little Foys was definitely

not as an extra.  The dance he did with Bob Hope was one of the highlights of that movie.

This was a much earlier film and, I have to admit that even though I have seen it a number of times, I have not been able to spot him, although I have read that he is clearly visible in the early scenes.  Also among the extras was David Niven, not yet a star, and someone else I haven't been able to spot.

• 1 month later...

Eve Arden had nothing good to say about this movie.  She said that they kept switching writers, and she felt that she was playing three different characters. 

I'm taking a guess with The Unfaithful, starring Ann Sheridan. I found Arden's character confusing in this film, so I'll say she probably thought so ??

Not such a wild guess after all.  That's the movie.  I was also confused because at the beginning of the movie, Eve played a vicious gossip.  Toward the end, she tried to become a best friend.  No wonder she was not pleased with the movie.

Not such a wild guess after all.  That's the movie.  I was also confused because at the beginning of the movie, Eve played a vicious gossip.  Toward the end, she tried to become a best friend.  No wonder she was not pleased with the movie.

I didn't say it was a wild guess. Just a guess, since I always thought Eve's character in the film was confusing.

next

A husband planning to do away with his wife gives her an expensive gift that she wanted before his plan is enacted. It was suppose to look like an accident, but his plan actually is accomplished by someone else.