Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

name the movie

metz44

Well, I'm done with the movie I posted on 10 clues so I guess I'll pose another one here - having guessed *So Ends Our Night* which I think was the last movie posted and answered...

A man sends his family away on vacation and then goes to meet his friends at a club. On the way, he notices a picture of a lovely woman in a gallery window and stops to admire it. At the club, the man tells his friends his life has become dull and boring. One of his friends teases him about his wife's absence and the danger of doing anything even slightly careless in her absence.

You're back and you're on your toes...it is *The Woman in the Window* (1944), directed by Fritz Lang, starring Edward G. Robinson and Joan Bennett. I posted this film, in part, as a nod to cmvgor's recent posting of *Fear* which has some similarities to *The Woman in the Window.* Good work, lavendarblue, it's your thread...

Thank You ,Ladyeve. *The Woman In The Window* is one of my favorite noirs.

I have tried to post a response a few times but it hasn't shown up so I'll try again.

Two sisters, one is honest, sweet and loving- the other is a liar, selfish and self-centered.

The selfish one runs away with the other sisters husband. This film is based on a Pultizer Prize winning novel and was the second film directed by a very well known and respected director.

Correct visual- *In This Our Life* is the one.I have tried to post this response twice- what is going on?- Anyway good job and that was quick. It's hard picking Bette Davis films- but I figured this one isn't shown that often- I was going to mention in my clues that they are not twins but I figured that was a giveaway.I just watched this one because I took it out of the library- the Charles Coburn and Davis storyline was somewhat racey and the race relation storyline was also considered liberal for those times.This was John Huston's second film that he directed a year after The Maltese Falcon.It's your thread.